[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Does anyone know what excactly is the current kernel made of? I see no commits/reverts in TomG's github that would fix the light sensor which was broken in patchsets2-3 of the kernel. Am I just missing something? Was about to compile the kernel myself, but then remembered the sensor issue..

edit: I assume Tom's made some changes to this commit, which seems to be the one that caused problems, but I haven't seen the changes anywhere?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest mobile579

Apologies for being off topic but Android Market is doing 10 days of 10 apps for 10cents. Some greats things are listed.

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase an app that is incompatible with handset so if in future you have a handset that is compatible it will then work?

Obviously got a Blade OLED running 257+2.

Interested in "Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD" and "Minecraft" neither display a Purchase option it just says incompatible?

TIA

Guest sej7278

Does anyone know what excactly is the current kernel made of? I see no commits/reverts in TomG's github that would fix the light sensor which was broken in patchsets2-3 of the kernel. Am I just missing something? Was about to compile the kernel myself, but then remembered the sensor issue..

edit: I assume Tom's made some changes to this commit, which seems to be the one that caused problems, but I haven't seen the changes anywhere?

patch3 of the kernel in gerrit was up to taos: fix blade derp (thanks Burstlam) in github on the 15th.

patch4 was uploaded to gerrit on the 22nd, however there seems to be no sensor fixes in that time period on github.

commits after that have all been non-blade, so if the sensor fix was uploaded now it wouldn't cause merge issues. maybe tom_g's just forgotten with all the cm9 excitement.

for the moment we're stuck with using the binary blob attached to patch4 - as i did in n257+2 and as will be in the next nightly.

Guest sej7278

patch4 stuff is now in github: Merge branch '2.6.35' of github.com:TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade into HEAD

this is the commit that fixed light sensors (essentially reverted) between p3 and p4: taos: more blade changes

confusingly it has a similar name to the previous commit you're talking about: taos: more changes for blade

Guest reluctant_traveller

Apologies for being off topic but Android Market is doing 10 days of 10 apps for 10cents. Some greats things are listed.

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase an app that is incompatible with handset so if in future you have a handset that is compatible it will then work?

Obviously got a Blade OLED running 257+2.

Interested in "Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD" and "Minecraft" neither display a Purchase option it just says incompatible?

TIA

I temporarily edited my build.prop file in order to 'pre-purchase' these games for my next phone - cannot scoff at 10pence a game!

I used root explorer to open \system\build.prop in text editor and altered these lines:

ro.product.model=Desire HD

ro.product.brand=htc_wwe

ro.product.name=htc_ace

ro.product.device=ace

ro.product.board=spade

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a

ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=Sony Ericsson

ro.build.description=passion-user 2.3.4 GRJ22 121341 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion:2.3.4/GRJ22/121341:user/release-keys

Save and exit.

Go to menu, settings, applications, manage applications, (ALL tab), go to 'market' app - clear cache (no need to clear data), then force stop, go to 'google services framework' app next and clear data.

exit, try running market app, you should get a failed connection - retry box. Reboot phone.

You may need to wait a few minutes, but go in to market app and you should have access to all 10 of the apps now.

Of course they will not run (minecraft and asphalt) because we do not have the right arm processor, but at least the apps are now registered to your google account!

Remember to revert the changes to build.prop (a backup file was hopefully generated!)

From trial and error, I think the most important lines are:

ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi

But after finally getting the ability to purchase the apps, I could not be bothered to fiddle about with the settings any further

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest brickornot

patch4 stuff is now in github: Merge branch '2.6.35' of github.com:TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade into HEAD

this is the commit that fixed light sensors (essentially reverted) between p3 and p4: taos: more blade changes

confusingly it has a similar name to the previous commit you're talking about: taos: more changes for blade

do you have link for full rom big zip file ?

Guest mobile579

Followed instructions but just edited above line and it worked fine for me. Many thanks for posting this guide.

Edited by mobile579

Guest Kamikaze.

The screenshot function has stopped working. When I hold power button, and press screenshot, it'll just say "error: unable to save screenshot mBitmap =null" and after that, there'll be another box saying "screenshot is saved as null". The screenshot I tried to make was not in the gallery, so it does not save them.

Guest Chris Banks

Having issues with S2E.

I have 600mb free on sd-ext, but only 30mb of internal data free.

Because of this it wont It won't let me update large apps like google maps, due to lack of storage. It just wont move any more apps to increase the space of real internal data.

Anyone any pointers?

EDIT: Scrap that, I finally clocked on, its application data what taking all the room up I believe.

I'm wary to move app data, has anyone done it with no problems?

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest targetbsp

The screenshot function has stopped working. When I hold power button, and press screenshot, it'll just say "error: unable to save screenshot mBitmap =null" and after that, there'll be another box saying "screenshot is saved as null". The screenshot I tried to make was not in the gallery, so it does not save them.

My self build is taking screenshots fine.

Yeah, I got that. I actually asked Tom about the source and I guess he's been busy with other things than updating his github. Anyway, glad it's up-to-date now :)

Guest reluctant_traveller

Followed instructions but just edited above line and it worked fine for me. Many thanks for posting this guide.

Sweet, I thought it was probably more related to that line then the others! a lot less painful to edit.

From 2 week my phone on official N257 crashes at blank screen I cannot switch it On. Ones after 9 days working, second after 2 days. How can I check what is wrong and what couse it. I must remove battery or call from another phone and quite a long time I hear the silence and then reboot is performed. My Blade is not overclocked.

Guest burstlam

make sure u got at least 160mb system partition space

This is my latest kang : DOWNLOAD LINK

md5 : 392ff35d6101a9eef1c5629a3a9a7294

I have re-odex the system apk and framework, although it consume more space for system partition (around 144M, still fit 160M size /w gapp framework pack)

but to some extend it runs snappier and consume less system ram in return

edit : about snappier some may say they found a drop in speed for benchmarks but the performance of the phone increases noticeably due to the better switch for apps and more ram for multi-task environment

kernel change :

1. I have reverted the light sensor & synaptics ts screen fix which breaks the focaltech ts

2. Support 2 way PCM stream Call recording, Program like CallRecorder by SKAVLEX ,

or u may try rVoix: Original free version by SKAVLEX for HTC (patched to work with V880)

rVoix_zh.zip (rename .zip >.apk to use) .

3. USB host mode support (port from V9 patch Thanks to KK edit : it need test)

Edited by burstlam

Guest popoyaya

This is my latest kang : Download Link

I have re-odex the system apk and framework, although it consume more space for system partition (around 144M, still fit 160M size /w gapp framework pack)

kernel change :

1. I have reverted the light sensor & synaptics ts screen fix which breaks the focaltech ts

2. Support 2 way PCM stream Call recording, Program like CallRecorder by SKAVLEX ,

or u may try rVoix: Original free version by SKAVLEX for HTC (patched to work with V880)

3. USB host mode support (Thanks to KK)

Wow, finally host mode & 2-way call recording on CM7! Amazing job! Will this get officially merged at some point?

Guest burstlam

latest kang doesn't work for me. done full wipe and installed twice over now and just hangs on the green android logo ..

Install couple times before release~ should be fine~

make sure u have a 160mb system partition at least~

make sure u got at least 160mb system partition space

This is my latest kang : Download Link

md5 : 392ff35d6101a9eef1c5629a3a9a7294

edit : about snappier some may say they found a drop in speed for benchmarks but the performance of the phone increases noticeably due to the better switch for apps and more ram for multi-task environment

kernel change :

3. USB host mode support (port from V9 patch Thanks to KK edit : it need test)

Need mirror please. This is off.

EDIT: Is already on, downloading...

Edited by asm19