[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest domo-kun

Yep...

Ok, just did some testing... When I plug into charger and screen is on, and I'm looking on battery info (widget, or some app) voltage starts to get down every 30s. But if I lock/put on sleep phone, it charges normally.

Guest KingsizeX

I have a Sapo a5 and it goes wonderful with sej KANG 21Dez. i didn't tried butslam's yet...

Thanks for the feedback! These builds are just fine... I never had problems before!

My Sapo A5 started to act strange lately, it seems I have a hardware problem ongoing...

After restoring the Stock Recovery/Rom and Re-Lock it the problem persisted so I sent it to repair.

Hope TMN will take the proper care and wont send me back the phone with a "silly firmware upgrade and new covers". That's what they do most of the times when they can't reproduce the problem.

Just came here to rest Sapo A5 users :) the problem was not CM7 builds but the phone itself.

Guest robinhud2010

Using n257 for 15 days and battery life was horrible :( Just medium usage, and battery can't last for a day... And today Blade started acting weird, it actually stopped charging via wall charger, charging via USB cable works great... Decided to flash kang n210+, and let it charge via USB cable to 100% and did battery calibration... Battery life is so much better (with this kind of usage, on some nightly between 200 and 210 nightly my phone battery life was 4-5 days) but charging with wall charger still doesn't work, when i plug charger, battery mV starts to get down instead UP (it's like wall charger suck all my battery voltage)... Anyone with the same problem?

I've also had horrible battery life from n220 to n257. Flashed moldovan rom, and battery life's back to normal. Honestly i forgot how long the battery lasted on a blade. But haven't had this charging issue. You might want to temporarily flash a new rom to see if it's a hardware issue.

Another difference i found that on the moldovan rom, is that it takes about twice the time to charge(and twice the time to discharge) the battery, leading me to believe that the phone somehow had a wrong perception of battery capacity on cm7. Wiping battery stats twice didnt help any. Had to switch rom as last resort as battery life is critical to me. Missing the cm settings and themes dearly!

Anyway, hoping the new year brings better cm 7.2 final and a snappy cm9 as well. Happy new year!

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest targetbsp

Is anyone having problems with 'repo sync'?

In the last couple of days I'm having this error:

Fetching projects:  94% (297/315)  fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt

It's been like that for weeks for me. it works using this mirror of the repo: http://synrgi.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/android-repository-remedy/

Guest kol0bok

I've also had horrible battery life from n220 to n257. Flashed moldovan rom, and battery life's back to normal. Honestly i forgot how long the battery lasted on a blade. But haven't had this charging issue. You might want to temporarily flash a new rom to see if it's a hardware issue.

I seem to have alternating battery usage pattern. For many days the phone works just fine, like consuming 15 percent per day. And then it suddenly starts to discharge very quickly, like running to down to 15 percent in 17hours. When I look at the activities in the battery info than I see no special consumer (only "Android system" and "network standby") but I see many periods where the phone was awake but I was not doing anything with it at those moments.

Does anyone know how to identify the troublemaker? Maybe it's Google's push service itself doing nasty things.

I mean, I need some logging tool which remembers which process/app/intent/... caused the wakeups and how often that happened.

Guest targetbsp

Is anyone having problems with 'repo sync'?

In the last couple of days I'm having this error:

Fetching projects:  94% (297/315)  fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt

Having the same problem now. :(

Ignore my previous reply, that was for a different problem I see now.

repo sync -f will skip over it but that's probably not great long term!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

OK, repo sync -f to get everything else. Then edit /android/system/.repo/manifest.xml and /android/system/.repo/manifests.git/config and replace git:// with https://

you can then repo sync CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt

ref: http://forum.cyanoge...cant-dl-source/

This breaks everything else though so you need to change it back to get the other projects next time. :D Not ideal!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest szymko1995

Is there RC od CM 7.2 for Zte Blade too?

I' ve heard, that there is one for e.g. HTC Buzz.

Here's proof: http://gultekin.tk/

If there's source of CM 7.2 for Blade please make zip package. :)

Edited by szymko1995

Guest FezzFest

OK, repo sync -f to get everything else. Then edit /android/system/.repo/manifest.xml and /android/system/.repo/manifests.git/config and replace git:// with https://

you can then repo sync CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt

ref: http://forum.cyanoge...cant-dl-source/

This breaks everything else though so you need to change it back to get the other projects next time. :D Not ideal!

Thank you! I've been trying for over an hour to fix this issue tongue.gif

Edited by FezzFest

Guest jurrasstoil

Did the recent KANG builds suffer from the same battery drain issue that burstlam's version suffered from?

At the moment I'm on burstlam's 7.2.0 RC0 and the battery drains like crazy, even in standby it drops from full to almost zero in less than ~28-32 hours while my previous install of n218 dropped like 2-3% over night and even with normal use did last 2 days or longer.

Guest targetbsp

My one is fine. I don't think I've had a battery issue in CM7 since the nightly number was in double digits in fact!

I also believe Burstlam removed the usb host mode support from his a while back because it was that draining the battery. or do you have a different issue?

Edited by targetbsp

do you have 3G activated? When i activate 3G all day, i need to charge it in 1 day

I have a problem with burstlam rom... When i'm typing sms.. the keyboard is lagging... really hard

But i can't install the lastest burstlam rom... it stuck on the green android so i restore my old one

Guest jurrasstoil

Data is off, network is set to 2G.

My one is fine. I don't think I've had a battery issue in CM7 since the nightly number was in double digits in fact!

I also believe Burstlam removed the usb host mode support from his a while back because it was that draining the battery. or do you have a different issue?

I'm on CM7.20-12152011-BurstKernel-KANG odexed, which should be his latest iirc w/o usb host mode.

Edited by jurrasstoil

i think i have the same version as you... but i don't really know if it's true or not..

how do you know?

in parameter i have CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG

on titanium backup i have 167MB for my rom partition and 19.8 free

so about 147.2 used by the rom.. i think i have the odexed one with patch for usb mode.. cuz i don't need it... but i'm not sure..

Guys

After reading this forum, I installed CM7.10 for the first time, thank you all.

However, I do have a problem with "text to speech" with bluetooth.

Text to Speech is fine without bluetooth, but when I am paired in the car bluetooth, the text to speech does not work. Calls are fine.

Any one heard of this problem or has a solution?

I would appreciate if the guys and (gals) of this forum can help me with this please

Thank you all

Samal

Guest ColdEmbrace

Guys

After reading this forum, I installed CM7.10 for the first time, thank you all.

However, I do have a problem with "text to speech" with bluetooth.

Text to Speech is fine without bluetooth, but when I am paired in the car bluetooth, the text to speech does not work. Calls are fine.

Any one heard of this problem or has a solution?

I would appreciate if the guys and (gals) of this forum can help me with this please

Thank you all

Samal

I know some voice control apps need to have bluetooth voice control switched on, so presumably it is not available by default.

This might help:

http://www.starttalking.com/starttalking.php

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Did the recent KANG builds suffer from the same battery drain issue that burstlam's version suffered from?

I can confirm, there still might be some problem with battery & usb host mode. My battery life is absolutely great, but every few days it drains like crazy. After reboot it is fine again, for some time... In BetterBatteryStats under kernel wakelock I see a "usb_bus_active" at 6% or more!! also, the BBS graph shows device is periodically kept awake (many, many short periods) while the screen is off. I'm not sure what usb_bus_active is responsible for, though...

[i'm on Burstlam's KANG 19 dec 2011 - odex'ed]

Guest androxcd35

Another difference i found that on the moldovan rom, is that it takes about twice the time to charge(and twice the time to discharge) the battery, leading me to believe that the phone somehow had a wrong perception of battery capacity on cm7. Wiping battery stats twice didnt help any. Had to switch rom as last resort as battery life is critical to me. Missing the cm settings and themes dearly!

Anyway, hoping the new year brings better cm 7.2 final and a snappy cm9 as well. Happy new year!

i have used both cynogenmod 7.1 and moldovan rom....cm7.1 has terrible battery life but performance is good.As of moldovan battery life is good but it takes a lifetime to charge. Nowadays using Fish N chips rls2...charging is fast and battery life is good.Overall good looking rom and quite smooth and stable. Try this one u would definitely like it better than the above two. :D

Edited by androxcd35

Guest adonwenas

Hi all...

Iv been using cm from 7.03 (without radio :P)

And till now I'm still using cm... don't know why just love It @ the first sight.... :)...

Now my problem is why my blade always got reebot.... esspecially when Im open gallery or some games.... its happened till the first time I'm using cm (7.03)...

My question is? Did u all got reebot like mine too... or it just happen to chinese blade.. some reason is 256 ram... so when out of ram the phone is restart. But its really true... cuz I'm just open gallery...

Are the trouble is in my sdcard....?

Please guys I need ur answer n sugestion....

Thx in advice...

Ps: sorry 4 my bad english... :ph34r:

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Edited by adonwenas

Guest targetbsp

Update it to a newer version. Back in the earlier days of 7.0.3 you will likely have reboots from gps usage at least.

CM7.0.3 is absolutely ancient and whilst a lot of the surrounding nightlies were decent enough, most of the earlier stable versions of CM unfortunately happened to coincide with times when the Blade version wasn't so good. I can't remember what exactly was wrong with 7.03 but I know something was! 7.1 was our first stable that actually was stable. But really, there's no reason to not use the latest nightly.

Guest adonwenas
Update it to a newer version. Back in the earlier days of 7.0.3 you will likely have reboots from gps usage at least.

CM7.0.3 is absolutely ancient and whilst a lot of the surrounding nightlies were decent enough, most of the earlier stable versions of CM unfortunately happened to coincide with times when the Blade version wasn't so good. I can't remember what exactly was wrong with 7.03 but I know something was! 7.1 was our first stable that actually was stable. But really, there's no reason to not use the latest nightly.

I try everything ....

7.1 n all nightlies... n now I'm on 7.2 kang 21dec... still got this reebot.. I don't wanna use other roms... even I ever try moldovan n still.got that problem..... oh why? ??

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Edited by adonwenas