[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I try everything ....

7.1 n all nightlies... n now I'm on 7.2 kang 21dec... still got this reebot.. I don't wanna use other roms... even I ever try moldovan n still.got that problem..... oh why? ??

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

last time i had an unfixable bug i had to install the latest TPT to clear up whatever it was causing it.

it would seem wiping everything and installing a new nightly is not always a fix as part of it obviously stuck around causing problems from an old TPT

Guest Phil001

Quick question, I'm on the latest nightly, but this problem has always annoyed me...

On videos i get 'grid' lines quite often.

On older roms, changing the VM heap size seamed to be a permanent fix.

On this rom, changing the VM heap works, but then the lines come back, I think after a power down/battery empty or similar.

I then have to go change the heap size, reboot, and all is ok till next time!

I know there have been various threads about this in the past, but not found a permanent fix yet, anyone else?

Many Thanks

Phil

Guest eucurto

I feel the need to publicly declare my love for this ROM... It has options to almost everything... The amount of "UAU" i get from my friends reveals how good this really is...

THANK YOU CYANOGENMOD DEVS cool.gif

Guest Phil001

If the videos are being played via flash (for armv6) upgrading it to from 10.2 to 10.3 fixed it for me. Avoid 11 - it's fake.

Thanks for the reply, its mainly YouTube videos and similar sites, don't know if it's flash... not installed any flash unless it was in rom anyway?!

cheers

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Thanks for the reply, its mainly YouTube videos and similar sites, don't know if it's flash... not installed any flash unless it was in rom anyway?!

cheers

Is your CPU overclocked? I seem to remember somebody suggesting this causes the grid lines on videos.

Guest Phil001

Not by me, unless its done by the rom automatically?!

Installed the flash 10.3 as suggested, all ok after a reboot, but it was before sometimes

I asssume the YouTube app doesn't use the flash I installed? Or does it?!

Guest targetbsp

Is this ROM dead ? Are there any new versions coming ? Which is newest/best version ? Can someone pls explain this to me ?

Thank you

It's more in the process of being superseded than dead. They've stopped making nightlies whilst they work on CM9 and the next nightly will be CM9. They have said they will release a final 7.2 stable though. In the mean time there are several self compiles by different people of the latest source code for CM7 you can choose from over the past few pages of this thread

Edited by targetbsp

Guest carlosac

It's more in the process of being superseded than dead. They've stopped making nightlies whilst they work on CM9 and the next nightly will be CM9. They have said they will release a final 7.2 stable though. In the mean time there are several self compiles by different people of the latest source code for CM7 you can choose from over the past few pages of this thread

Thank you very much, i will wait for CM9.

Guest szymko1995

Can someone compile package with newest KANG?

It'll be the best, when It'll be with Tom's or burstlam's kernel.

Why isn't CM Stats and update working?

They FCs.

Edited by szymko1995

Guest Loki86

yes please

someone can compile new KANG? with kernel from tom and burstlam git

i wolud to compile from myself but, i don't know how i'm a totally noob

Guest targetbsp

There are recent kangs over the past few pages guys with the T9 dialler. Nothing much has changed since they were made. Everyone is programming Cm9 now.

And github is screwed up making compiling new CM7's quite a pain anyway.

lol. I seem to have served up 6gb worth of my most recent KANG and I haven't posted it anywhere since I removed it due to lack of bandwidth middle of last month. Just previous downloaders keeping an eye on my site for updates I guess!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

If I install this over my current CM7 (7.2.0 RC0, pre Dec / Nov build) will I loose my data / configuration, and Market access...?? As last time I did that, I lost all my Market Apps (GApps) and associations, such as WhatsApps, Skype and so on, associated with my Google Acc, and had to re-flash that back on....

Even though I didnt clear/wipe any settings prior to flashing, just installed over the top....

So can I upgrade without loosing anything??

Thanks, Lister

CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG 6th January

http://www.mediafire...a8x3w7gek0vbu8h

Guest Loki86

thanks man

what mean CMC?

and why is 97.5 mb against 89.7 mb update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed-21dec?

Edited by Loki86

Guest ilopez85

Will it fit to 136MB /system partition?

Do I have to uninstall updates of old gapps?

screenshot1326059414830.png

220-78.30=141,7MB

I'm afraid not, you have to remove the gapps from the zip to fit it into 136MB system partition

Edited by ilopez85

Guest szymko1995

But are there any changes from this one:

But I can change my partition size and restore my backup in recovery, right?

Or remove eq. ringtones..

Guest sej7278

But I can change my partition size and restore my backup in recovery, right?

i don't think so - to change the /system partition size to 160mb you'd have to tpt, so to restore your 136mb backup you'd have to tpt back to 136mb /system again then restore from your nandroid backup.

but really a 136mb /system is going to hold you back anyway, so its probably worth just losing your data. but if you're going to tpt you should probably think about 210mb anyway, then you'll be better set for cm9