[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

If you make the changes shown here: http://r.cyanogenmod...8,1,default.xml

to /android/system/.repo/manifest.xml it fixes the repo syncing for prebuilt whilst still using the faster git protocol for the rest. :) (and more importantly avoiding the 403 errors that come with https for some people)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest brickornot

New rom 12.01.2012 cm7 BURSTALM (as previous) mod/kernel based.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=pl&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.pl&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://bbs.hiapk.com/thread-2458862-1-1.html

JANUARY 12

N317X-35

http://115.com/file/dpxdmus0

N317X-35-ODEX:

http://115.com/file/be86goug

google translation of changes :

Official dealing with the CM update error place. Should revert to normal.

Digression to say - what is the name of last month, many can be used CM 7 ROM ~

I think the ingredients are exaggerated hope moderators follow-up question.

The recent backlog in the CM7 is not synchronized updates to handle it.

Updated a lot of things - mainly some of the details of the update of the more obvious there is a new unlock pattern.

Call records, etc. - Group show

Time of the call can be independently set to unlock the set ~

ICS recently transplanted to do for the kernel to do the necessary rewriting. The hard part of the solution or not of frustration -

However, there is some other harvest.

This is a good few weeks to adjust the count and CPU buck WIFI part well, but due to hardware limitations,

600MHZ CPU part only under the following frequency - overclocking is completely impossible.

I suggest that if the number of calls and low CPU usage program (see e-books and the like),

You can adjust the maximum frequency of about 480 Battery performance will be better.

Guest szymko1995

Well, thanks.

But It's really slow.

I've symetric 20/20Mbps internet access and I've to wait 4-5h to download (and It has grown to more than 10hblink.gif)

I think, that is because I'm from Poland and It's really far from China servers...

BTW zip package is really small- 74,2MB. I'm curious why?

Edited by szymko1995

Guest jurrasstoil

Well, thanks.

But It's really slow.

I've symetric 20/20Mbps internet access and I've to wait 4-5h to download (and It has grown to more than 10hblink.gif)

I think, that is because I'm from Poland and It's really far from China servers...

BTW zip package is really small- 74,2MB. I'm curious why?

expand the first grey rectangle and download from the 2nd grey rectangle it averages ~180kb/s for me (germany).

Guest brickornot

it is so small because there is only chinese and english.

(at least that was in previous builds from burstlam posted on that chinese forum, not her - if burstlam posted something here - there was for example polish language inside, but when i downloaded smth from chinese forum - there was not).

Guys.. can someone point me to the right direction with odexing? I've searched the interweb and tried a few scripts available, but haven't found the way out yet. How the heck am I supposed to odex this thing (framework and system apk's).. :blink: just want to test and learn :)

Oh and preferably do it before flashing..

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Pierreism

Has anyone had underwhelming experiences with the CM7 camera in comparison to the stock ZTE Gingerbread one? Every shot seems overexposed, -2 step Exposure still overcompensates, and my Exposure settings don't stick whenever I re-open the camera. The default ZTE ROM also had ISO controls which CM7 doesn't seem to have.

In short, is there a way to get the stock Camera app from ZTE Gingerbread onto CM7? I've tried straight replacing the .apk in system/apps/ but it doesn't open. I'm guessing it's something ODEX-related (I still don't quite know how that works!)

Many thanks

OK. So who's gonna make us one of these shiny new undervolt kernels for CM7 then? :D

Can't you just get the kernel and modules from gsf-r4 (or whatever rom's there are using it)? Shouldn't be much more than a five minute job if that works. Not the official cm7 kernel, but why not try something different for a change :)

edit: it seems atleast burstlam's on it, so the next kang from him will probably have it.

edit2: foget all about taking the kernel from gsf or others :D

Edited by sm4tik

Guest targetbsp

I'm trying out the Moldovan rom atm. The dev said in his thread (replying to someone else) that swapping in the kernel wouldn't work.

The rom is on 99% battery after 14 hours standby on 2g.

I'm all setup to compile roms but not kernels unfortunately so I shall be awaiting burstlam. :)

Guest targetbsp

Seriously. On 96% after 24 hours. Going to run it to the end of today (36 hours ish), restore the normal kernel, charge over night and compare over a similar period.

This is ofc reliant on no-one phoning me though!

Edited by targetbsp

I'm trying out the Moldovan rom atm. The dev said in his thread (replying to someone else) that swapping in the kernel wouldn't work.

The rom is on 99% battery after 14 hours standby on 2g.

I'm all setup to compile roms but not kernels unfortunately so I shall be awaiting burstlam. :)

u on RLS9 or RLS8?

And is this the kernel?

Guest mickey megabyte

how are you liking the rest of the moldy rom, targetbsp?

i've been thinking of taking the plunge myself...it's really only the notification power widget that has kept me on cm7, but i notice MMHMP has a similar one.

Guest targetbsp

how are you liking the rest of the moldy rom, targetbsp?

I've only used it so far as setting the rom up. Restoring backups, texts etc. It seemed to have all the features I need and be bug free though. But I've not actually used it as such, and to try and do so right now would ruin my testing. :D

I first tried GSF with its undervolt kernel but I didn't get on with it. A couple of bugs and missing features annoyed me. This rom seems to have none of the issues I had with GSF.

Do you have sync off ?

No, I'm purely testing the difference in standby between the different voltages of the CPU when idle as a traditional call/text phone.

This kernel also supplies a lower voltage to the wifi so at the end of the week I'm going to compare the 2 kernels with the wifi on.

Edited by targetbsp