[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest KonstaT

burstlams's stuff is for turies though it seems, or has he done a kang for blade?

sorry i didn't realise it was from bustlam and not you. what's this wifi underclocking then?

Actually it is originally from wbaw.

Wifi undervolt is here.

Burstlam's source is just based on ZTE tureis source. I think it's the newest .35 source ZTE has released. CM7 kernel is based on ZTE Skate source I think. ZTE still hasn't released .35 source code for Blade/Libra.

Edited by KonstaT

Hopefully not a wrong thread on which to post this. Just got a replacement Gen 1 Blade. Rooted. I'm looking for a newish stable CM7. Many threads are a bit out of date and say different things. Can anyone point me pls to the current one(s)/relevant thread. Haven't managed to successfully put clockwork recovery on it and nor will it respond to Vol up plus power so don't even know if I will be able to flash. Many thanks.

Guest Martin_cz

i'll have a build up within the hour if it works. i've hand-merged the patch and am building the kernel to merge into cm7 now.

see if you agree with the modified acpuclock.c (unzip it first, blooming upload filters!)

well it compiled....

Hi Sej,

I love your ROMs. Always did great job and my Blade relies on them :o) I miss only one thing: "Support 2 way PCM stream Call recording" so I can record my calls (via application like callrecorder). May I ask You whether this function is planned to be added in near future? Otherwise thank You for your work and sharing roms with us.

Guest targetbsp

Hopefully not a wrong thread on which to post this. Just got a replacement Gen 1 Blade. Rooted. I'm looking for a newish stable CM7. Many threads are a bit out of date and say different things. Can anyone point me pls to the current one(s)/relevant thread. Haven't managed to successfully put clockwork recovery on it and nor will it respond to Vol up plus power so don't even know if I will be able to flash. Many thanks.

The gen2 update moved forums. You can get it and instructions here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1258855

Edited by targetbsp

The gen2 update moved forums. You can get it and instructions here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1258855

Very helpful thanks. Obviously a degree of personal choice but are the roms on that link more up to date and/or stable than the Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 I've seen on this and another thread? Partly also confused by the CM7 wiki which says 7.1.0 is the latest version.

Guest marcodassi

well here's my attempt at applying the turies undervolt patch manually to the blade kernel.

i've not tested it works as it should (how would you do that?!) but it boots ok. make a nandroid backup first eh? :D

usual patches like softbuttons and miui-battery etc; plus whatever merges we've had up to today.

hi sej7278, thanks for your ROM!

I've just installed your build; do I have to set something on the blade to take advantage of the undervolted kernel?

Thanks

Guest targetbsp

Very helpful thanks. Obviously a degree of personal choice but are the roms on that link more up to date and/or stable than the Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 I've seen on this and another thread? Partly also confused by the CM7 wiki which says 7.1.0 is the latest version.

7.1 is the latest stable version. There are nightly builds newer than that, and self compiles (such as the one by Sej on this very page) much newer even than those. if you want CM7, probably the easiest way is to TPT to a version of it and then update to a recent version.

IMO there's not a massive degree of difference between any rom of the same Android version (Gingerbread in this case) and it mostly comes down to your preferred included tweaks, apps and themes if you don't want to make them yourself.

Guest targetbsp

I've just installed your build; do I have to set something on the blade to take advantage of the undervolted kernel?

it's automatic when the governor is running the CPU at or below 480mhz

7.1 is the latest stable version. There are nightly builds newer than that, and self compiles (such as the one by Sej on this very page) much newer even than those. if you want CM7, probably the easiest way is to TPT to a version of it and then update to a recent version.

IMO there's not a massive degree of difference between any rom of the same Android version (Gingerbread in this case) and it mostly comes down to your preferred included tweaks, apps and themes if you don't want to make them yourself.

Brilliant, thanks. Got 7.1 running.

Guest sej7278

Actually it is originally from wbaw.

Wifi undervolt is here.

Burstlam's source is just based on ZTE tureis source. I think it's the newest .35 source ZTE has released. CM7 kernel is based on ZTE Skate source I think. ZTE still hasn't released .35 source code for Blade/Libra.

ok i'll yank the current build and try a new one with the wifi undervolt too then.

pretty sure 2.6.35 was released for the blade (maybe it was libra, but roughly the same thing) that's essentially what's in tom_g's github.

ok i'll yank the current build and try a new one with the wifi undervolt too then.

pretty sure 2.6.35 was released for the blade (maybe it was libra, but roughly the same thing) that's essentially what's in tom_g's github.

Maybe you can add "2 way PCM stream Call recording"? Please! Many people want it!

Edited by 4pda

Guest sej7278

Mirror for update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-18jan-signed.zip please.

Thanks

i nuked it as i'll be uploading a 18jan2 kang in an hour or so with the wifi undervolt too.

Guest KonstaT

No, there never was. :( Moldovan update was uploaded back in september and ZTE has been breaking GPL ever since. Skate source was the first 2.6.35 and I think it's still used with CM7.

They have released few .35 sources for other devices though.

12/20/2011 ZTE N860 Series - Gingerbread kernel(2.6.35) source code

11/25/2011 ZTE Blade II Series - Gingerbread kernel(2.6.35) source code

11/8/2011 ZTE Turies Series - Gingerbread kernel(2.6.35) source code

9/28/2011 ZTE ROAMER Series - Gingerbread kernel(2.6.35) source code

9/2/2011 ZTE SKATE Series - Gingerbread kernel(2.6.35) source code

Guest sej7278

18jan2 has the wifi undervolt too, someone please mirror it to megaupload or whatever.

i've not tested it as i have to run to the shops before they close.

usual place, give it 10mins to upload

3f735f9c7fc0789665a974c782cdfef4 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-18jan2-signed.zip

BAD BUILD

Edited by sej7278

18jan2 has the wifi undervolt too, someone please mirror it to megaupload or whatever.

i've not tested it as i have to run to the shops before they close.

usual place, give it 10mins to upload

3f735f9c7fc0789665a974c782cdfef4 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-18jan2-signed.zip

I can already upload a mirror, wait 10min

Guest sej7278

I can already upload a mirror, wait 10min

don't download it, i can't mount the sdcard now, so its a bad kernel, i guess there must be other patches needed.

so i've put 18jan back up which doesn't have wifi undervolting but does have cpu undervolting and a working sdcard!

don't download it, i can't mount the sdcard now, so its a bad kernel, i guess there must be other patches needed.

so i've put 18jan back up which doesn't have wifi undervolting but does have cpu undervolting and a working sdcard!

Ok. Thanks