[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Davidoff59

burgerz, the issue is with the stock launcher that comes with the rom.

I have go launcher also and have no issues with it.

when I woke up this morning, had to reboot phone as screen was showing the stock background and nothing else. All data wiped before install

Guest saukkiird

i you read the last few pages (or my sig) it does have undervolting.

no idea about tethering or bluetooth, you'd have to look through the changelog or gerrit

Sorry about that. I got a little confused. I saw links to places that have the ROM and the undervolting as separate files, so that's what threw me. :blush:

And yes, the BT seems to connect automatically and the wifi tether does cut off when the screen goes off. I can totally live with that.

Thanks, mate. Great ROM.

Guest nitsy01

Bizar! With the roms 18 jan3 and 21jan the battery have lost each night approx. 40%. With CM 7.1.0 and similar settings less than 5%. I have a Gen1 with Oled screen and TPT to Gen2.

same here! had charged yesterday night at 10.30pm and with just GSM mode on it was at 58% in the morning. was on Sej's dec build and the battery lasted more than 24 hours then. had done a fresh install after full data and davlik wipe. also noticed that the phone now doesnt go into deep sleep mode at all. not sure what is keeping it awake. havent installed any other app than titanium backp.

anyways thanks Sej for your wonderful roms..have been using these for quite some months now and has been the best ones i have used so far.

Guest sej7278

same here! had charged yesterday night at 10.30pm and with just GSM mode on it was at 58% in the morning. was on Sej's dec build and the battery lasted more than 24 hours then. had done a fresh install after full data and davlik wipe. also noticed that the phone now doesnt go into deep sleep mode at all. not sure what is keeping it awake. havent installed any other app than titanium backp.

anyways thanks Sej for your wonderful roms..have been using these for quite some months now and has been the best ones i have used so far.

that's got to be an app keeping a wakelock trying to sync or something (google+ is bad at that) or maybe led notifications of a missed call/sms? have a look around spareparts.

for some reason the other day gallery was using a shedload of sensors, that drained me a few percent overnight, why gallery would used sensors i have no idea lol.

also if you've done a full wipe of data then there's probably a lot of settings you've got to play with.

my phone's been on a day and a half and i'm at 88%

Edited by sej7278

Guest thewild

that's got to be an app keeping a wakelock trying to sync or something (google+ is bad at that) or maybe led notifications of a missed call/sms? have a look around spareparts.

for some reason the other day gallery was using a shedload of sensors, that drained me a few percent overnight, why gallery would used sensors i have no idea lol.

also if you've done a full wipe of data then there's probably a lot of settings you've got to play with.

my phone's been on a day and a half and i'm at 88%

Maybe a stupid question but... How do you stop a notification from ringing ? When I receive a text message, whatever the buttons I press, the phone keeps ringing. Very annoying !

I have to precise that I enabled the setting to use volume buttons for forward/skip. Maybe that is why they don't mute the alarm ?

Guest thewild

Volume down :) if You don't change default options

I'll try again, but I think I did that last time, and it only decreased the notification volume. I'll have to give it another go now !

The only option I changed was the one to use the volumes buttons for music playback, are there other ones ?

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

Hey is there any way to fix the screen files or to replace the screen files? 3D games is not working fine ex: Gangstar!

and I have 20Mb free memory and I have installed only 10-16 apps and all is in SD Card! So How I can get more free space?

If I format SD Card do I then have more free space for apps?

ZTE Blade sucks! :/

only CM7 works normally and other ROMs have bad battery (not all) and I can't move apps to SD card when I am using other ROM than CM7 ROM..

Does anybody have better screen files for N257?

Guest targetbsp

You're doing something wrong because I have 90 apps, the smaller data partition that comes from the 160mb system and still have 120mb free. :D Most of my apps are games so I have no gaming issues.

Actually, is Gangstar a gameloft game? The HTC trick for making the 3D Gameloft games which aren't compatible with our phone work, stopped working for me a while ago, but 3D in general is fine. I'd only bought one gameloft game so I'm not that bothered.

As for your free space, if some of your apps refuse to move to sd card, there's an option in CM Settings somewhere where you can enable the feature to move all apps to SD. Do not move your launcher, keyboard or any app whose widget you use though.

Edited by targetbsp

You're doing something wrong because I have 90 apps, the smaller data partition that comes from the 160mb system and still have 120mb free. :D Most of my apps are games so I have no gaming issues.

Actually, is Gangstar a gameloft game? The HTC trick for making the 3D Gameloft games which aren't compatible with our phone work, stopped working for me a while ago, but 3D in general is fine. I'd only bought one gameloft game so I'm not that bothered.

As for your free space, if some of your apps refuse to move to sd card, there's an option in CM Settings somewhere where you can enable the feature to move all apps to SD. Do not move your launcher, keyboard or any app whose widget you use though.

I have moved only downloaded apps to SD CARD (SD HC FAT32 no EXT3 partition) when I bricked my phone then I flashed GEN2 tpt again and maybe it's different than the original...

I have Blade II with 512 or what is the size of RAM and 600MHz CPU...

in settings about phone; it shows memory 140Mb free of 400Mb, now I'm messing with other ROMs and I go back to CM7 when CM7 files is in the SD card again..

I don't know what to do... if I flash clean ROM (no backup) then I have 98/115 Mb free memory for apps...

what to do?

Google map and market is updated and them takes something 10-14 Mb.. I can not update them because I can't move updated google apps to SD card!

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet

Guest targetbsp

You must have a blade 1 if you have used gen 2 without bricking it, are able to use this rom and have a 600mhz CPU. The Blade 2 is a different phone.

It sounds like you did use the wrong TPT. You want the one with 160mb system partition.

Edited by targetbsp

You must have a blade 1 if you have used gen 2 without bricking it, are able to use this rom and have a 600mhz CPU. The Blade 2 is a different phone.

It sounds like you did use the wrong TPT. You want the one with 160mb system partition.

I have bought Blade II form teliasonera (from Finland) I don't know why people says that is other phone! it is same phone than Blade but only with other Android OS (Froyo GEN2) and RAM have bigger size than blade if I remember fine..

Blade II can't be different phone..... ? :D

I don't remember what tpt I am using but it is GEN2 tpt from de-bricking guide!

what tpt file you recommend for my blade? :)

This is ZTE Blade II White phone and I have it: http://www.expert.fi/Tuotteet/Puhelimet-ja-GPS/Puhelimet/ZTE---BLADE-II-WHITE

Guest targetbsp

That's a picture of a Blade 1. The Blade with Froyo as standard is not the Blade 2, it's a gen 2 Blade 1. Presumably they typo'd on that website.

The Blade 2 has Gingerbread as standard and an 800Mhz CPU and uses different roms. Both phones have 512mb ram.

The TPT in the debricking guide flashes the stock rom so presumably the stock layout which has a large system and not much data space. You probably want 'gen 2 custom' from here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/347601-gen-23-tpts/page__gopid__1829429

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Hi

During a call the screen of my blade turns off, why?

I'm use CM7.1

To stop you pressing on screen buttons with your ear. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest thewild

Volume down :) if You don't change default options

Does not work :(

I don't think I changed something though!

I even tried to disable the option to use the volume keys for music playback control, but no change...

during a call out of ear, in the car for exemple

in ear the screen turns on when i take of

thats a feature of our fone..proximity sensor..the fone has a capacitive touch screen which works wen charge from touchscreen gets transferred to our thumb, fingers, ears(in case of a call)..so our ear might accidently disconect a call hold it conference it depending on the button on the screen it touches.. to prevent that proximity sensor turns off the screen when it senses something near it like our ear.. and turns on the screen wn we take it away from it..

That's a picture of a Blade 1. The Blade with Froyo as standard is not the Blade 2, it's a gen 2 Blade 1. Presumably they typo'd on that website.

The Blade 2 has Gingerbread as standard and an 800Mhz CPU and uses different roms. Both phones have 512mb ram.

The TPT in the debricking guide flashes the stock rom so presumably the stock layout which has a large system and not much data space. You probably want 'gen 2 custom' from here: http://android.modac..._gopid__1829429

but why the name is Blade II!

the blade II (nothing, only one ZTE phone which have other name and it have 800MHz CPU, anyway... I flashed same tpt again (It should be same) then I made partition to SD card and I installed wbaw's Gingerbread ROM and it works fine but battery ends too soon.. :D

and when I flash my CM7 n257 backup ROM again then it cant show the apps what is in the SD Card and when I format my SD Hc card again then it's not work on blade an on my samsung jet... maybe I just used wrong format or something like that..

Guest targetbsp

but why the name is Blade II!

the blade II (nothing, only one ZTE phone which have other name and it have 800MHz CPU, anyway... I flashed same tpt again (It should be same) then I made partition to SD card and I installed wbaw's Gingerbread ROM and it works fine but battery ends too soon.. :D

and when I flash my CM7 n257 backup ROM again then it cant show the apps what is in the SD Card and when I format my SD Hc card again then it's not work on blade an on my samsung jet... maybe I just used wrong format or something like that..

Did they have an Eclair based Blade previously? Maybe that's just what they called it as it's their second revision of the Blade 1 - which is very confusing now there's actually a Blade 2! A phones model name to a mobile provider has no need to match up to what the hardware model is. heck, mine is called a San Francisco. :D But it's a bit of a problem when what they've called their phone turns out to be a name for an actual different phone in the future!

This is the Blade 2: http://android.modac...scentmodacocom/

I don't know anything about SD card partitioning. I just have 1 x FAT32 partition and use the built into Android Apps2SD (after enabling the option to move any apps)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Nick Rhodes

A CWM installer for Sej's Undervolt (CPU and wifi) Kernel for existing Cm7 installs.

All credit to Sej for compiling it and WBAW for creating it.

My job was literally no more complicated than replacing a file in a zip with another one. :D

http://blade.windows...volt-kernel.zip

Thanks, this will do nicely until I can work out what's happening with the latest nightly builds.

Cheers, Nick