[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Some days ago I've downloaded update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-23jan-v2-signed.zip from somewhere. Can you show me where to download it again? (I've repacked it with my apps and I forgeted to backup :/ ) http://vs247021.vserver.de/android/ at this site there is kang 21 without 4.0 animations. So if someone could link it please :)

Edit: Found it: http://217.23.123.189/ sry :P

Edited by Zunex

thats a feature of our fone..proximity sensor..the fone has a capacitive touch screen which works wen charge from touchscreen gets transferred to our thumb, fingers, ears(in case of a call)..so our ear might accidently disconect a call hold it conference it depending on the button on the screen it touches.. to prevent that proximity sensor turns off the screen when it senses something near it like our ear.. and turns on the screen wn we take it away from it..

Hi one more time

The call is ok, but when i make a call in the car the screen turns black but the call ok and in the end i have to unlock the screen to view the buttons, why the screen turns off, in the stock rom do not happen this.

thanks

Guest targetbsp

Thanks, this will do nicely until I can work out what's happening with the latest nightly builds.

Cheers, Nick

Yeah, I haven't bothered flashing anything new on with the rotation issue! Someone has made an as yet unmerged patch to allow the new rotations to be disabled: http://review.cyanog...m/#change,12107

The setting would go in build.prop I assume?

I can't see any sign of the bug fix to make the new rotation work on our upside down screens in gerrit?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

Did they have an Eclair based Blade previously? Maybe that's just what they called it as it's their second revision of the Blade 1 - which is very confusing now there's actually a Blade 2! A phones model name to a mobile provider has no need to match up to what the hardware model is. heck, mine is called a San Francisco. :D But it's a bit of a problem when what they've called their phone turns out to be a name for an actual different phone in the future!

This is the Blade 2: http://android.modac...scentmodacocom/

I don't know anything about SD card partitioning. I just have 1 x FAT32 partition and use the built into Android Apps2SD (after enabling the option to move any apps)

OK!

in stores (in finland) Blade have android 2.1 Eclair and Blade II(?) have Froyo 2.2 GEN2!

OK! maybe just tpt fixed size.. :D

and Does anybody know which is better: CM7 N257 or wbaw's Gingerbreas SF r4? I don't know what to use! right now I'm using GSF r4 but it have battery problem..

And what is the CM 7.2 KANG ROM? 2.3.5 ROM with no bugs or what?

also where I can find Portuguese blade "Samo A5" Gingerbread ICS ROM? the website is not working and I can not find download link nowhere!

I really need to find one good ROM which is stable and good for large file size apps...

Guest targetbsp

What rom you want to use is entirely personal preference. For me personally GSF lacks a couple of features and has a couple of bugs and I would recommend Swedish Snow* over it. Though ofc, being in this thread, I recommend CM7 over all others. :D I have nearly a hundred apps, a couple of them over 80mb (via amazon appstore) in CM7.

There's a CM9 thread on here that is ICS and an AOSP ICS thread. I'm not personally aware of any other ICS builds so can't help there.

*I've actually only tried it's prequel rom MMHMP mind you and am recommending the sequel blind. :D

Edited by targetbsp

What rom you want to use is entirely personal preference. I don't much like GSF personally and would personally recommend Swedish Snow over it. Though ofc, being in this thread, I recommend CM7 over all others. :D

There's a CM9 thread on here that is ICS and an AOSP ICS thread. I'm not personally aware of any other ICS builds so can't help there.

I like CM7 ROMs but CM7 have too much bugs and GSF I don't really like it.. and themed ROMs is not good.

maybe I just need to use CM7 again... :/

CM9 is not working fine yet so I wait when it's stable.. :D

With the exception of specific nightlies, CM7 has been amazingly stable for 100's of days now. :D

yeah.. but only screen files needs fixing for 3D games, then it is really stable...

I test CM 7.2 rc really soon, hope it have some fixes...

Guest targetbsp

As I said earlier, 3d games work fine. The issue is that Gameloft do not support the Blade and the workaround no longer works.

They are slowly moving their games to the market and making them more generally compatible. Sucks having to buy them all again if you have a few of them already direct from gameloft though!

Edited by targetbsp

As I said earlier, 3d games work fine. The issue is that Gameloft do not support the Blade and the workaround no longer works.

They are slowly moving their games to the market and making them more generally compatible. Sucks having to buy them all again if you have a few of them already direct from gameloft though!

when I use other ROM (stock) then Gangstar MV works so fine and with CM7 it's flickering ( it shows really much white and it is slow)

so CM7 screen files needs fixing it's not gameloft fault!

CM7 based ROMs with better graphics can run Gangstar MV fine like stock Blade ROMs!

:)

Guest targetbsp

You have tried the hack right to turn your Blade into a HTC?

White graphics mean it's running PowerVR because it doesn't recognise the Blade because Gameloft don't support the Blade. Hence it IS their fault. You have to buy the Bravo version of the game and then edit your build.prop to fake having Bravo.

It's *that* that doesn't work for me anymore but YMMV. You can't really blame the CM7 team though when a hack to make unsupported games work no longer works.

[edit]

This is what I'm referring to: http://android.modaco.com/topic/339036-how-to-run-gameloft-hd-game/page__hl__gameloft

Edited by targetbsp

Guest bladebuddy

Titanium backup pro has a way of integration of apps built into the rom like Google maps, YouTube e.t.c just run batch on titanium backup scroll down to integrate updates to rom and jobs a good one . APPARENTLY will not be on the s.d card but will be in the phone.

You have tried the hack right to turn your Blade into a HTC?

White graphics mean it's running PowerVR because it doesn't recognise the Blade because Gameloft don't support the Blade. Hence it IS their fault. You have to buy the Bravo version of the game and then edit your build.prop to fake having Bravo.

It's *that* that doesn't work for me anymore but YMMV. You can't really blame the CM7 team though when a hack to make unsupported games work no longer works.

[edit]

This is what I'm referring to: http://android.modac...e__hl__gameloft

OK!

I do not use that HTC texts because the games works fine without that (for me)... :)

Guest targetbsp

OK!

I do not use that HTC texts because the games works fine without that (for me)... :)

I thought the point was that they don't work? :D

Some roms have that tweak pre-made. i wonder if that's why you're seeing it work in some and not CM7?

Edited by targetbsp

I thought the point was that they don't work? :D

:D

I don't know about other gameloft HD games but Gangstar VM and Asphalt 5 HD works fine for me and I have only added speed tweaks to build.prop

Guest brookergray

It only uses 10% battery per day :blink:

(That is with no use what so ever)

Just GREAT!

You know if you turn it off it will use even less battery. You won't notice the difference if you're not using it anyway.

You know if you turn it off it will use even less battery. You won't notice the difference if you're not using it anyway.

Haha very funny dry.gif

I am testing the ROM in order to show and compare the battery life to a normal kernel with no undervolt :P

BurgerZ, can fix your gingerbreadZX theme please? The notification bar bugs a lot. The icons stays on s reen etc etc. Please fix it because I really love it :)

Guest targetbsp

Aargh!! Another failed test of the normal voltage kernel. And not cause someone called me this time. But because whilst flashing the new kernel my phone hung on the green droid (it does that on occasion). And I'd assumed it had replaced the undervolt kernel and failed afterwards. But it hadn't. I still had Sej's kernel! At least this explains why the battery performance was the same. :P

Guest jackal-sk

lol targetbpsp.

Can anyone recommend an app which can summon Home/Menu/Back actions by screen gesture ?

Edit: But not like zMooth, I don't like having ugly cyan square at the bottom of screen.

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest Akash P

Rom: 18Jan3

The undervolt works just GREAT!!

It only uses 10% battery per day :blink:

(That is with no use what so ever)

Just GREAT!

That seems to be one helluva kernel! Gotta get it now!

Edited by Akash P