[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest nitsy01

that's got to be an app keeping a wakelock trying to sync or something (google+ is bad at that) or maybe led notifications of a missed call/sms? have a look around spareparts.

for some reason the other day gallery was using a shedload of sensors, that drained me a few percent overnight, why gallery would used sensors i have no idea lol.

also if you've done a full wipe of data then there's probably a lot of settings you've got to play with.

my phone's been on a day and a half and i'm at 88%

Hey Sej..congrats on crossing 1000 posts! did check the spare parts but couldnt make out. have attached screenshots. one possibility was my contacts & calender were in since with my gmail account. so did a factory data reset and tried again..but still the same results. observed that similar to yours the sensors were working overtime for the gallery not sure why..any idea how that can be stopped. havent done a calibration of the proximity sensors could that be the reason. let me know if you can sense anything from the screenshots below...the sensors were one for around 8hrs now!

post-836885-0-24907400-1327558792_thumb.

post-836885-0-36703600-1327558804_thumb.

post-836885-0-15554200-1327558817_thumb.

Edited by nitsy01

Guest jackal-sk

That seems to be one helluva kernel! Gotta get it now!

Sorry to be a party pooper but with such usage (i.e. none) you would get the same battery life with any kernel. Unless there are exact comparisons the graph says nothing.

Hey Sej..congrats on crossing 1000 posts! did check the spare parts but couldnt make out. have attached screenshots. one possibility was my contacts & calender were in since with my gmail account. so did a factory data reset and tried again..but still the same results. observed that similar to yours the sensors were working overtime for the gallery not sure why..any idea how that can be stopped. havent done a calibration of the proximity sensors could that be the reason. let me know if you can sense anything from the screenshots below...the sensors were one for around 8hrs now!

Deep Sleep is to short. Your phone got wake up from some of your application. Check in Spare Parts "Partial Wake Usage".

Guest eucurto

Deep Sleep is to short. Your phone got wake up from some of your application. Check in Spare Parts "Partial Wake Usage".

i had 3G Watchdog Pro doing partial wakes.... Back to Lite version...

Guest gruad23

I use CM 7.1.3 and its stable and battery is good. In General. But as soon as I use it for Navigation with google Navigation it gets highly unstable and unpredictible. At any point during Navigation it reboots without warning and enters a strange reboot-loop. It boots up and I get even to the start-screen and I can even use it for a few minutes and then it reboots again. Or it even hangs during the circling-arrow-logo and I have to remove the battery to make it boot again. After countless reboot-attempts it starts working again and works fine for days and even weeks until I use Navigation again :) But not every navigation cause this behaviour .. Today I drove to a place with nav and it was fine and on my way back it crashed and the above nightmare began again. The other week it started rebooting the second I stepped into my car.

Funny thing: I had this behaviour in previous CM too and only after a while using CM. As soon as I do a complete fresh installation of any CM (including a complete wipe) things work fine again. including navigation. And then I get more and more apps ... and after a few months ... troubles start again.

Anyone else has such problems? To me it clearly is related to GPS and my feelings tell me it has something to do with app2sd as well.

But as I didnt find any other reports similar to my experiences I begin to suspect that it could be some strange hardware-problem with my phone too.

thnx,

p

Guest steeperton

i had 3G Watchdog Pro doing partial wakes.... Back to Lite version...

I ended up ditching 3g Watchdog, as it was causing a lot of wakelocks - both the lite and pro version :(

Guest nitsy01

Hi Simono,

checked that too..below is what it shows...have observed that android system takes most of the battery use proportion. any idea what that could imply..

post-836885-0-98916200-1327600072_thumb.

Guest targetbsp

I've just compiled one but I won't have chance to test it for a couple of hours yet. And actually, I don't think I'll have the bandwidth to host it until Feb 1st so I might have to leave this to someone else. :D

Guest sej7278

we need a new build with all fixes "26jan" ;)

are you usually psychic ? :D

it works now - 90, 180, 270 degree rotation, screen transitions too.

i changed the MIUI-like battery bar to the one on Spitemare's github, you can now change the colour of the bar (or track the theme). although it doesn't display by default now, you have to go to settings > cyanogenmod settings > interface > statusbar tweaks > battery status style and switch it from "hidden" to "status bar", then go back a page and set the status bar battery color

also the previous patches of cpu/wifi undervolting and call recording kernel and softbuttons.

i was going to try the transparent statusbar but it won't merge and i don't know what it will look like with softbuttons and miui and they haven't decided what to do about the clock yet.

Guest BurgerZ

we need a new build with all fixes "26jan" ;)

I've fixed ICS transitions three days ago (a day when it was committed to github). update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-23jan-v3-signed.zip - is fixed ROM

http://217.23.123.189 - there are my builds of cm7 (with fixed animations and extremely uv & speedup kernel)

update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-26jan-signed.zip - todays build.

Edited by BurgerZ

Guest sej7278

I've fixed ICS transitions three days ago (a day when it was committed to github). update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-23jan-v3-signed.zip - is fixed ROM

http://217.23.123.189 - there are my builds of cm7 (with fixed animations and extremely uv & speedup kernel)

update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-26jan-signed.zip - todays build.

did rotation work then though, as i tried your .java file and it didn't rotate (transitions worked).

Guest BurgerZ

did rotation work then though, as i tried your .java file and it didn't rotate (transitions worked).

Yep. Everything rotates.

That is my build

Edited by BurgerZ

I read so many positive reaction on that undervolting cpu thing, that I have to try it out myself.

I didn't make any tests, but after using it some days, I can't say I got more battery life.

On the contrary, when I set my Blade to only use GSM (2G), my battery was depleted within hours without any use. I don't see any connection between 2G and cpu - undervolting, but somehow it influences it.

Another thought:

The cpu will need a amount of power to run at a certain clockspeed. If you lower the voltage, the cpu will draw more current to get the same power.

At the end you won't get any benefit, because the cpu needs the same amount of power.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend that undervolting thing to anyone. Maybe it will shorten the cpu's life?

Guest BurgerZ

Mind sharing the changes you've made to the kernel? Always interested in new tweaks people come up with :)

- Undervoltage: kernel and wi-fi (thanks wbaw, burstlam) with some improvements.

- CPU governors (interactiveX, savadzen, lagfree, smartassV2...)

- 2-way call record support (with third party app)

- added camera, sensors and touch drivers (for new v880)

- xz compressing method instead of gzip for speed and size improvement

- optimization while compile

- .... and much more...

Edited by BurgerZ

- Undervoltage: kernel and wi-fi (thanks wbaw, burstlam) with some improvements.

..and the "some improvements" (source) would be? Thanks :)

Edited by sm4tik

Guest BurgerZ

..and the "some improvements" (source) would be? Thanks :)

1. I don't have a github payed account (to store more than 300Mb).

2. I prefer to keep my work (sources) out of all others. But I can share results.

I don't even have a Blade))