[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest kamal_saran

Weekly 4 (01.13.27) (GEN2)

• ~160MB system partition needed
  • ro.build.date=vie ene 27 21:15:21 CET 2012
  • persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha=0 corrects certain graphical errors (at the expense of a slower scroll, supposedly)
  • Including all changes in the sources of Cyanogen on January 27 (to fix issues on large erase block size (android_bootable_recovery))
  • Removed AndroidTerm, Development, Provision, QuickSearchBox, RomManager and SpareParts
  • Replaced the folder media/audio with the original Gingerbread one, and ringtone, notification and alarm tones in build.prop
  • Default in Spanish (I'm from Spain...)
  • Added the gapps and updated all applications on January 27 except Maps 6.0.3 (6.2.0 integration still has given me problems)

http://www.mediafire...6597v6ka0jc66kv

is it undervolted..........

Guest sej7278

Removed AndroidTerm, Development, Provision, QuickSearchBox, RomManager and SpareParts

why would you do that - i'd consider my phone unusable without that lot lol.

Guest Mousses

A Burtslam's CM7 :

Adjust the CPU core value with the antihypertensive WIFI has stabilized.

Fixed dialing 317 on the official can not use T9 search problem. Increase the number of a flying ring to unlock: BLADE style.

Speaking of operators comes canceled, the official source code modifications, changes will make the system comes with the past custom operators can not be used, there is an abnormal increase in RF activity.

Increase in RF power results in sleep, but add that, like saving a little, remember NOFRILLSCPU CPU GOVERNOR selected ONDEMAND mode.

This pre-release version I tried in flight mode, you can close with a day without power-down.

Do not update CALLRECORDER only recorded version, because the new version of the kernel needs to make new changes, but this author has not released a patch to the source on.

So with a new version of the recording will have problems.

A private letter asked V880 11月machine / V880 + can not brush the issue. Like the camera and the like, in fact, regardless of SAMSUNG or QTECH, and I resolved in September when the machine has been added to the kernel, not the use of reason is always in ZTE has not released the source code changes on the V880 chassis and drive the message. The sensor like 10 months after the machine has a production line used another supplier. regardless of source or manufacturer's Web site did not find any clue too. So there is no other way.

These phones can not do none of the above tests, it seems to take into account not so much that he really came out in CM9 before. Brains and thought I put 4.0 on. To see how far to go very far left.

N317X-FIX-35:http://115.com/file/be43dqrg

N317X-FIX-35-ODEX: http://115.com/file/c2bmsqwj

Edited by Mousses

Guest ilopez85

is it undervolted..........

No

why would you do that - i'd consider my phone unusable without that lot lol.

Because I think they are applications mainly for development and this ROM is aimed at people who don't want to complicate, it's the reason why I also include the gapps :)

Edited by ilopez85

Guest szymko1995

A Burtslam's CM7 :

Fixed dialing 317 on the official can not use T9 search problem. Increase the number of a flying ring to unlock: BLADE style.

Speaking of operators comes canceled, the official source code modifications, changes will make the system comes with the past custom operators can not be used, there is an abnormal increase in RF activity.

Increase in RF power results in sleep, but add that, like saving a little, remember NOFRILLSCPU CPU GOVERNOR selected ONDEMAND mode.

This pre-release version I tried in flight mode, you can close with a day without power-down.

Do not update CALLRECORDER only recorded version, because the new version of the kernel needs to make new changes, but this author has not released a patch to the source on.

So with a new version of the recording will have problems.

A private letter asked V880 11月machine / V880 + can not brush the issue. Like the camera and the like, in fact, regardless of SAMSUNG or QTECH, and I resolved in September when the machine has been added to the kernel, not the use of reason is always in ZTE has not released the source code changes on the V880 chassis and drive the message. The sensor like 10 months after the machine has a production line used another supplier. regardless of source or manufacturer's Web site did not find any clue too. So there is no other way.

These phones can not do none of the above tests, it seems to take into account not so much that he really came out in CM9 before. Brains and thought I put 4.0 on. To see how far to go very far left.

N317X-FIX-35:http://115.com/file/be43dqrg

N317X-FIX-35-ODEX: http://115.com/file/c2bmsqwj

Is it multilang (incl. Polish)?

Thanks.

I realized the wierdest thing I've not been able to solve. For some reason, I get two different ip's allocated to my blade when turning wifi on. Everything's working ok, but it's still a bit annoying (atleast the "don't understand why" part). Anyone have experienced the same/have any ideas how to get it back to one ip only? :huh:

edit: uhh.. sorry, rebooting my router did it. Btw, when did we get a working screen ON animation?? I was playing around with settings and realized it's working. Kinda neat :)

Edited by sm4tik

Guest sej7278

edit: uhh.. sorry, rebooting my router did it. Btw, when did we get a working screen ON animation?? I was playing around with settings and realized it's working. Kinda neat :)

speaking of things that go unnoticed, has everyone tried the "disable boot animation" setting? reduced my boot time to about 30secs!

i was looking at the new ring lockscreens like holo or blade, but they all seem to render way too slowly on the blade.

i was looking at the new ring lockscreens like holo or blade, but they all seem to render way too slowly on the blade.

Really? I find them working ok, no speed issues here. Maybe the 'blow up and fade' animation after unlocking isn't buttery smooth, but it isn't with any ring lockscreen style.

Guest thewild

speaking of things that go unnoticed, has everyone tried the "disable boot animation" setting? reduced my boot time to about 30secs!

I enabled this setting first time I saw it, and I totally agree with you. It really boots faster without the animation !

md5sums are in the md5sums-file in the download folder

edit: 26jan-ROM is great!

@sej

i just flashed the 21jan build...what are the changes in 26 jan build. compared to the 21 jan build..

went through the last five pages couldnt find anything

Edited by vNa5h

Guest targetbsp

I'd just like to point something out... google, despite what it may think, CANNOT translate Chinese into English. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Davidoff59

Sej, have you tried 360 launcher at all? Some nice lock screens that can be downloaded from within the launcher. post-925416-0-82766600-1327796850_thumb.

My current lockscreen. Its all in english despite what the pic shows, as I took the pic from the actual download page. Imho, its the nicest lockscreen that I have seen yet

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest sumdumguy

A Burtslam's CM7 :

sounds good, hope that cures the problem I was having with wifi lockups while in sleep mode

Guest sej7278

Really? I find them working ok, no speed issues here. Maybe the 'blow up and fade' animation after unlocking isn't buttery smooth, but it isn't with any ring lockscreen style.

yeah i mean after its unlocked and the circle you drag kind of explodes into a bigger circle and then fades away - that's so jittery its awful. is there a way to turn off the blowup/fade bit so we just have a plain ringlock?

rotary (regular not revamped which i don't like) works fine, but its a bit boring.

i don't fancy changing my launcher just to get a nice lockscreen, although that 360 one looks nice.

yeah i mean after its unlocked and the circle you drag kind of explodes into a bigger circle and then fades away - that's so jittery its awful. is there a way to turn off the blowup/fade bit so we just have a plain ringlock?

rotary (regular not revamped which i don't like) works fine, but its a bit boring.

i don't fancy changing my launcher just to get a nice lockscreen, although that 360 one looks nice.

@sej

i just flashed the 21jan build...what are the changes in 26 jan build. compared to the 21 jan build..

went through the last five pages couldnt find anything

???

Guest targetbsp

???

The CM7 changelog is here: http://cm-nightlies....m/?device=blade + whatever is in Sejs signature = Sej's build. :)

Am using the 26thjan build and am having random reboots ...when switching btwn homescreens or when playing games ...anyone?

Are you using the undervolt kernel? It could be your CPU needs the extra power.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest JimJam707

On Sej's 26Jan build I can't rotate any apps. I know the accelorometer is working as the camera rotates to take pictures the right way round.

I've checked the display options in CMSettings so I know that's not the problem.

i made a monolithic patch for the kernel that adds undervolting, recording and turns off zram debugging, so now just apply the patch and copy the defconfig into place. its easier than copying/renaming a bunch of files. updated the instructions above, and the downloads

if you can compile a regular cm7 kang, then applying the battery bar and softbuttons patches should be no problem, then once you've got that working try the kernel patches.

you'll need to read up a bit on git, useful commands are:

git clone <then the github address>

git reset --hard HEAD 

git status

git diff

git pull

git apply --check <then the patch filename>
@sej7278: Thank you again for your patience and valuable help. I've followed your instructions and now building my KANG. However, while following your guide, i discovered some small differences: While trying to apply your "monolithic" kernel patch (thanks for this), I replaced the line:
cp ~/kernel_zte_blade/cyanogen_blade_defconfig ~/kernel_zte_blade/.config
with that one:
cp ~/kernel_zte_blade/arch/arm/configs/cyanogen_blade_defconfig ~/kernel_zte_blade/.config
because there was no file at ~/kernel_zte_blade/cyanogen_blade_defconfig Also after building the kernel, the line:
cp ~/kernel_zte_blade/arch/arm/boot/zram.ko ~/cm7/device/zte/blade/prebuilt/
gave me a file not found error, so after performing a search for zram.ko, i wrote:
cp ~/kernel_zte_blade/drivers/staging/zram/zram.ko ~/cm7/device/zte/blade/prebuilt/

Now i go through the building process and wait for it to be done. Were my changes necessary or i've made a "noob" mistake somewhere in the process?

Also what's the case after performing a repo sync in cyanogenmod sources folder? Do I have to re-apply the patches? And do i need to update the kernel sources folder again?

Thank you.

Am using the 26thjan build and am having random reboots ...when switching btwn homescreens or when playing games ...anyone?

Yes im also getting reboots here and there sometimes, nothing particular to point out though.

Do you overclock?

Edited by ufizo

Guest primo007

I too had random reboots with sej's latest builds but haven't got any with targetbsp's jan 26 vanilla cm7. And it also seems smoother.

Guest targetbsp

*sigh* This time my test failed the other way! I got the stock voltage figures (down from 100 to 43% after 14 hours) but the phone went to sleep during the low voltage test despite my tasker script supposedly preventing it! Will try again overnight. So results delayed until tomorrow. :P

Guest sej7278

Now i go through the building process and wait for it to be done. Were my changes necessary or i've made a "noob" mistake somewhere in the process?

Also what's the case after performing a repo sync in cyanogenmod sources folder? Do I have to re-apply the patches? And do i need to update the kernel sources folder again?

thanks for spotting the errors regarding defconfig/zram, i've fixed it in the original post now, bit too much copy'n'paste and not enough thinking on my part :D

as far as "repo sync" goes, you'll probably have to remove the patched files to get it to sync properly. cd into each directory and do a "git reset --hard HEAD" and then "git status" to check if you need to delete any untracked files, then do the "repo sync".

i keep a note of what changes the patches make, so i can undo them, currently its this lot. i guess you could just delete them all and "repo sync" to re-fetch the originals:

kernel_zte_blade (cpu/wifi undervolt, call recording)

#	modified:   Makefile

#	modified:   arch/arm/configs/cyanogen_blade_defconfig

#	modified:   arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock.c

#	modified:   arch/arm/mach-msm/board-zte-blade.c

#	modified:   arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp5/Makefile

#

# Untracked files:

#	arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp5/vocpcm.c

device/zte/blade (kernel)

#	modified:   kernel

#	modified:   prebuilt/zram.ko

frameworks/base/ (battery1, battery colour1, softbuttons)

#	modified:   core/java/android/provider/Settings.java

#	modified:   core/res/res/values/config.xml

#	modified:   packages/SystemUI/res/layout/status_bar.xml

#	modified:   packages/SystemUI/res/values/styles.xml

#	modified:   packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarPolicy.java

#

# Untracked files:

#	packages/SystemUI/res/drawable/battery_bar.xml

#	packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/CmBatteryBar.java

packages/apps/CMParts/ (battery2, battery colour2)

#	modified:   res/values/arrays.xml

#	modified:   res/values/strings.xml

#	modified:   res/xml/ui_status_bar.xml

#	modified:   src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/UIStatusBarActivity.java

vendor/tmobile/themes/Androidian (battery3)

#	modified:   res/xml/com_android_systemui.xml

#

# Untracked files:

#	res/drawable/com_android_systemui_battery_bar.xml

vendor/tmobile/themes/Cyanbread (battery4)

#	modified:   res/xml/com_android_systemui.xml

#

# Untracked files:

#	res/drawable/com_android_systemui_battery_bar.xml

to update the kernel repo just do a "git pull", although the kernel's not been updated in months, so you'll already have the latest. if you don't want to compile the kernel all the time just keep a copy of the kernel and zram.ko files you've just built and copy them into the device/zte/blade/ and prebuilt/ directories in future, that's what i do as compiling the kernel takes almost as long as the whole of cm7!

wow its almost a year since i joined and got my blade (and my birthday!) time to start looking for a new phone with fecking arm7 and not an adreno gpu!

Edited by sej7278