[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Clitheroe1

Didi anyone realized, that notification sometimes crashes? If I swipe-clean a note, but stop somewhere half way out, the whole notification area will be "readonly". It refreshes well, but no way to touch the "Clear" button, or swipe-clean any notification!

Killing Notification does not help, since it does not start again.

I have seen this with the 21jan version, and earlier using a hungarian daily - back from 10th of january, or similar - build as well.

I recently updated my ROMs from CM-7.1.0-signed to cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-26jan-signed and it so smooth and well built, I'm really grateful to those that put this ROM together for their hard work and for sharing it with the community on here. However, although it's a really impressive in nearly every respect the one problem I have with it is that the notification bar often crashes so I'm now thinking about going back to CM-7.1.0-signed which worked fine. Before I do, can anyone recommend any updates on CM-7.1.0-signed for which the notification bar runs smoothly without crashing?

Guest Clitheroe1

it should have been fixed in a 26th jan KANG. It was actually fixed on the 22nd! http://review.cyanog...m/#change,11989

I've never used the swipe thing on my notification bar (i just hit clear) so I've never had a problem myself and I can't confirm if the fix works or not!

Thanks for your reply. I'll persevere with KANG 26Jan for a while longer but as I've experienced 4 crashes already I'm not sure the problem will settle down. The issue occurs when I press on a notification to go into that particular app (e.g. gmail or msm) the notification freezes and thereafter all the other buttons on the notification bar no longer work and I have to reboot to make them functional. I didn't have that problem with CM-7.1 signed. It's a shame because I love KANG 26Jan in every other respect.

Guest targetbsp

Thanks for your reply. I'll persevere with KANG 26Jan for a while longer but as I've experienced 4 crashes already I'm not sure the problem will settle down. The issue occurs when I press on a notification to go into that particular app (e.g. gmail or msm) the notification freezes and thereafter all the other buttons on the notification bar no longer work and I have to reboot to make them functional. I didn't have that problem with CM-7.1 signed. It's a shame because I love KANG 26Jan in every other respect.

Odd! I've never had that happen and I do press notifications to go into apps.

hey,

can anyone point me to the link of ics animations for cm7?? i know its there on burgerz website http://217.23.123.189/

but its down..

EDIT: can i cook a file on uot kitchen and flash it?? i see ics anitmations 4.0 in the menu..

Edited by l2azor

the site doesnt have any specific file which is meant for ics animations... :S

The animations have been merged so each one of the latest builds has them in.

Guest ChipZ16

Does burger builds (now 01 feb) have that undervolting kernel ?

http://burgerz.pro/zte-blade/roms/

And how small system partition can I use with it?

I'm about to go back to cm7 from mmhmp now because I miss all the functionality from cyanogen, and is this the best version to go with today?(the burgerzKANG i mean)

EDIT: wrote inside the quote

Edited by ChipZ16

Guest szymko1995

Even less than 125MB /system partition should fit.

I'm using 138MB one and I've deleted some ringtones and changed few system apps and I've currently more than 20Mb free.

burgerz kang is amazingly fast even at 480mhz .. its got Uv kernel for wifi and cpu and has ics animations which are very smooth..kernel seems to be optimised nicely..u can simply flash the kernel only which is available on his website if u dont want the ics animations...i left it at 27% battery overnight(say 8 hours)..and it was still at 27% when i woke up.. :)

Guest ChipZ16

Even less than 125MB /system partition should fit.

I'm using 138MB one and I've deleted some ringtones and changed few system apps and I've currently more than 20Mb free.

Perfect! I'm on 128MB now which gives me a huge (relatively) data partition for apps.

Guest Mental Science

burgerz kang is amazingly fast even at 480mhz .. its got Uv kernel for wifi and cpu and has ics animations which are very smooth..kernel seems to be optimised nicely..u can simply flash the kernel only which is available on his website if u dont want the ics animations...i left it at 27% battery overnight(say 8 hours)..and it was still at 27% when i woke up.. :)

no offence but I think the kernel is simply a fork from burstlam's with little changes to config , probably a different toolchain used to compile.

that they got pretty same layout and performance.

Guest targetbsp

I have question. Maybe discussion about of all Kang's should be moved to other thread?

But... CM7 official versions haven't existed for months. :D The KANG's are all there is? Technically there would be nothing to say in this thread if that was done.

Guest hugobosslives

I have question. Maybe discussion about of all Kang's should be moved to other thread?

nah. this is a cm7 thread. kangs are just cm7 built by your own enviroment not the build bot. so keep them here

and since they are not building nightlies anymore (due to cm9 and some hardware issues) kangs are all we are going to get.

no kang = no thread ohmy.gif

Where do I get this?

think there was a link back a page to his website.

but yes a mirror would begood so if someone has it. please upload and post a link

Edited by hugobosslives