[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Tobi1719

I'm using Kang from BurgeZ version 03.02.2012.

I have a problem with automatic backlight adjustments, when I'm in a dark room phone has the same level of brightness like the phone in the light, only backlight of buttons changes correctly (on/off).

When I tired to set in manually in CM Configuration sensor got bugg and indicated a value of -1.

hello everybody i had the latest (cyanogen) firmware installed (i mean the latest build that came fro cm7 team) and i had the "unlocked" 512 mb ram and i tried to install the latest from the burger site and i got again 256 :S what should i do?(my phone had originally gen2 ) so i ve bricked it already once and i dont like to brick it again,i would like to tell me what should i do :)

edit: i restarted the phone and i had available 310 mb ram which is ok but it is strange i ve flashed dozens of roms nothing like that happened)

Edited by ultron

Awesome Rom! :D

But why cant i find any launcher (except the default), Live wallpapers and stuff. Miss them a lot in here though i love this ROM. <3

There are no alternative launchers installed by default, you'll need to get those from the market. Live wallpapers are found by long pressing your homescreen and then selecting "LiveWallpapers" or whatever it says. (I've disabled mine for good so I don't really remember what it's supposed to read..)

Guest aneesasil

Hey i m using cm7 on my dell xcd 35. Everything seems to work fine except my proximity sensor, after a call when the phone is away from my ear still the light doesnt seem to come...i have to press the unlock button in order to cut the call.

I tried proximity censor calibration in my app > zte blade settings. But however this doesnt seem to work.

Please help!!

Here's my latest change to frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/widget/RingSelector.java to overcome the not-so-nice unlock (and other action) animation. This will change the animation to "suck in" instead of the current not-so-smooth "at your face". I've also changed the interpolator of the scaling animation so it feels right with scaling the image down. All kangers feel free to test/use/edit/discard/whatever :)

To apply the patch, cd into frameworks/base and

$ git am --signoff < /path/to/sucking_animation.patch

sucking_animation.patch.zip

Edited by sm4tik

Guest jishneo

There are no alternative launchers installed by default, you'll need to get those from the market. Live wallpapers are found by long pressing your homescreen and then selecting "LiveWallpapers" or whatever it says. (I've disabled mine for good so I don't really remember what it's supposed to read..)

hmm...but it shows blank nothing listed in there :s still managed to take livewallpapers.apk file from cm7 257 nightlies... :P all sorted now works awesome no lags as such.. Juice consumption still LOW !!!! <3 Appreciate your advice "sm4tik" :D cheers!!!!

Guest uumeshh
Hi. Will this work on the v880? I tried the official stable build but my phones touchscreen stopped working. Anyone got a clue?, thanks

It does work . if your screen doesnt respond, pull out the battery for a split second and put back. phone will reboot automatically. repeat this a couple of times if requirwd. it will work.

Guest rapier07

It does work . if your screen doesnt respond, pull out the battery for a split second and put back. phone will reboot automatically. repeat this a couple of times if requirwd. it will work.

I can't just keep on restarting it. I need a phone for what it does

@adonwenas : does the camera work?

Edited by rapier07

Im using burger 3rd Feb KANG.

My swype-notification-to-hide is not working. The notification gets stuck at 20% offset to left or right, and then I cant clear it, and cant even select it.

Only solution to fix it, is to reboot the phone.

Anyone else with the same issue?

My swype-notification-to-hide is not working. The notification gets stuck at 20% offset to left or right, and then I cant clear it, and cant even select it.

I have the same problem with burgerz feb1 kang.

There was a fix merged a while back for this type of issue. (Can't give a link because changelog/gerrit isn't working right now?) Maybe BurgerZ didn't get it for some reason or the fix isn't perfect? Though I don't get tens of notifications a day, I've had no freezes when swiping the notifications. I'm currently using a self-build from yesterday with some modifications, but for the core part it's all CM7.

Guest targetbsp

I just swiped 7 of them away with no issue in my self compile of CM7 too without issue. I tend to just use the clear button so if the issue is intermittent I probably just don't know about it!

Guest leetron1

Same issue here...made me flash sej JAN 31st build instead :mellow:

Guest Pierreism

Same issue here...made me flash sej JAN 31st build instead :mellow:

I've had this since forever. For me it happens when you don't do a complete swipe and sort of drag the notification diagonally. It gets stuck, and then no matter what you do it won't go away. I thought it was just a weird CM7 quirk. Wish there was a way to turn the swipe off.

Edited by Pierreism

Guest karololszak

I confirm that on (I think sej's) KANG from 21jan but I've had it for a long time. It doesn't hapen with every swipe though, just with some of them (can't repeat it on my will :().

I also get some "freezes" of the notification panel - I can't clear notifications, swipe them or select / click them / or the 'pinned' tasks (the ones that stay on top). The only way to fix it is to reboot. I've looked into logcat but didn't find anything related to it... It usually happens (or I usually find out that it happened) when I get a notification from (Facebook's) Messenger.

I confirm that on (I think sej's) KANG from 21jan but I've had it for a long time. It doesn't hapen with every swipe though, just with some of them (can't repeat it on my will :().

I also get some "freezes" of the notification panel - I can't clear notifications, swipe them or select / click them / or the 'pinned' tasks (the ones that stay on top). The only way to fix it is to reboot. I've looked into logcat but didn't find anything related to it... It usually happens (or I usually find out that it happened) when I get a notification from (Facebook's) Messenger.

Now that you have mentioned it, yes I get this problem particularly with fB notifications.

Feb 3rd build is rnning perfectly here. Only issue is not having the portuguese language, is there a way to have it back?

Edited by ty_hot