[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest mvheuver
Something's weird either with my phone or with the N37.

I updated RC4 to N37 straight (cache wipe only) to find two apps missing (Transportoid and TweetDeck) and impossible to reinstall (either from Market or backup), saying something about 'unavailable libraries' (rough translation, didn't switch the locale to check).

So I thought fixing permissions via ROM Manager may help - only to find SU privileges buggered up - no go for ROM Manager for some reason, although it was properly ticked in ChainDD's SuperUser.

At that point I went to restore my RC4 from CWM. Unfortunately the backup was buggered up as well (too little space on the SD I suppose).

So I wiped everything and did a clean install of N37 + gapps. Guess what - no gapps. After numerous reflashing, wiping, redownloading gapps from different mirrors, etc - nothing. No way to access Market or anything.

I did a clean RC4 install and gapps flashed OK - it's performing Restore from my google account now (taking painfully long on WiFi though, and not showing any progress on the bar :/).

I guess I'll stay with RC4 till the soon-to-arrive Stable release, as it was reliable enough for my taste so far.

No (full) wipe, no moan. IIRC the kernel was updated so taking shortcuts is bound to lead to problems. A full wipe upgrade takes me less than 30 minutes, getting everything up and running from scratch is straightforward once you've done it a few times.

Guest mickey megabyte
Would be even easier if the option to overclock wasn't there. REALLY pointless on a phone.

my blade isn't just a phone though.

maybe you use yours just to make and receive calls, other people find other things to do with it.

Guest Frankish

I find it shocking that the zte roms also have these high temperature issues. Tom believes they set the rom to ignore these which is dangerous and ridiculous :)

Guest ambak
+1 .......thanks again guys, good work

mmmmmmmm... just shutdown ??

although thats the first shutdown I've had while the phone was plugged into USB .

Edited by ambak

Guest dibbles

within 15 minutes of using the supplied img file by Tom (boot.img-slarti ) my phone shut down following using the GPS. I have attached the dmseg log file for him to look at.

For me the "fix" did not work.

Guest ufoman
within 15 minutes of using the supplied img file by Tom (boot.img-slarti ) my phone shut down following using the GPS. I have attached the dmseg log file for him to look at.

For me the "fix" did not work.

And for me, after flashing this boot.img phone started locking up like N36 was reported to do...

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
And for me, after flashing this boot.img phone started locking up like N36 was reported to do...

N36 never locked up for me, but N37 does (for me this is the first nightly that does), without the new boot image.

Reverted to N36 for that reason.

Guest k0nrad
No (full) wipe, no moan. IIRC the kernel was updated so taking shortcuts is bound to lead to problems. A full wipe upgrade takes me less than 30 minutes, getting everything up and running from scratch is straightforward once you've done it a few times.

I know, I'm not whining or moaning - only stating that something is wrong if *after full wipe* clean flashing N37 caused problems with Gapps.

I've got it (RC4, as stated before) up and running now...

Although Google-powered restore via Market doesn't work well for me for some reason - it got stuck down the pipe at some point, unable to establish connection with Google servers to pull apps (Talk wasn't working either).

Ti works as good as always though, so not a big deal.

<sigh> Maybe I just have a bad day today :).

Edited by k0nrad

Guest jayhix

ok so i dont recall this being a problem for anyone else, but i have a folder on my phone that is called music, double twist picks up the files fine, but the default music player and any other music will not find music files on my phone, just says no songs. :s had this problem for a while but thought a wipe and new rom may fix it but it hasnt.

Also one thing ive noticed with n37 is that the battery percentage indicator no longer has the mini battery level to the right of it. anyone else noticed this? not important just something i noticed

Guest Amphoras
Also one thing ive noticed with n37 is that the battery percentage indicator no longer has the mini battery level to the right of it. anyone else noticed this? not important just something i noticed

I've noticed in most of the recent nightlies that the mini indicator doesn't show up straight away. Tick and untick the box a few times and it appears for me.

Guest shaun-mahony
That's exactly right!

Don't forget to make a Clockwork Backup before you flash anything though!

Thank you so much for everything, it all works, but theres no android market?i have cm blade full 37 installed (the latest one) but i dont know how to get the market? if there is a way? or an extra download that i have missed? can anyone please help me? :)

Guest mvheuver
Thank you so much for everything, it all works, but theres no android market?i have cm blade full 37 installed (the latest one) but i dont know how to get the market? if there is a way? or an extra download that i have missed? can anyone please help me? :)

Reading the first post would be a start. You need to install it separately.

Guest domdom43
How about the accelerometer issus? Any report on something being done? :)

I don't know,no replie on bug tracker issu 3264.

I could take a look but i even don't know how to get nightly 8 & 11 source code to make a diff.

i suppose "repo" or "git" can make it but i d'ont know how!

Guest shaun-mahony
Reading the first post would be a start. You need to install it separately.

sorry? where does it say? ive looked and checked? please help me im new to this

Guest mvheuver
sorry? where does it say? ive looked and checked? please help me im new to this

Click on instructions:

The vital first step is download either Tom's or Seb404's ClockworkMod. Seb's is here, with instructions

Next is to do a Nandroid backup within Clockwork. This will produce a full backup of your current ROM, so you can go back to it at will.

Wipe data/ do a factory reset

Install the ROM .zip file.

Install Google Apps, which are HERE

Restore and backup, install new apps

It should be noted, that restoring settings and system apps could lead to some bad stuff going down, so be wary!

As an aside, makes sure you have the latest version of Clockwork installed, which, to be safe is 3.0.1.4. This can be downloaded from Seb's post, linked above, or through ROM manager. However. ROM manager will only install newer clockworks for our blades from within CM7, unfortunately.

:)

Guest shaun-mahony
Click on instructions:

The vital first step is download either Tom's or Seb404's ClockworkMod. Seb's is here, with instructions

Next is to do a Nandroid backup within Clockwork. This will produce a full backup of your current ROM, so you can go back to it at will.

Wipe data/ do a factory reset

Install the ROM .zip file.

Install Google Apps, which are HERE

Restore and backup, install new apps

It should be noted, that restoring settings and system apps could lead to some bad stuff going down, so be wary!

As an aside, makes sure you have the latest version of Clockwork installed, which, to be safe is 3.0.1.4. This can be downloaded from Seb's post, linked above, or through ROM manager. However. ROM manager will only install newer clockworks for our blades from within CM7, unfortunately.

:)

oh ok thank you very much. :)

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Do you even need to install google apps anymore? O.o

I always wipe/ factory reset.

And once Ive set up my wifi the market appears in my app drawer.

Open it, and it lets you install gapps...

Guest shaun-mahony

i couldnt find it so i think you still need to install? but its ok now anyway :)

Guest shaun-mahony

i couldnt find it so i think you still need to install? but its ok now anyway :)

Guest targetbsp

You need it for a new install but not for an upgrade.

Guest supermies123

I did full wipe and installed N37. I turned GPS on. It worked well in Google Maps. After turning GPS off and using phone after a little while it shuts down. So random reboot/shut down might be caused by GPS? Is anyone else having this kind of problem?

Guest mvheuver
I did full wipe and installed N37. I turned GPS on. It worked well in Google Maps. After turning GPS off and using phone after a little while it shuts down. So random reboot/shut down might be caused by GPS? Is anyone else having this kind of problem?

Old news, known issue for which there will hopefully be a fix (or dirty hack) soon by the looks of it, see the discussion on http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3277