[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest MidaMilunk
<br />I flashed burgerZ's 07feb today and its working really smooth and fast ... everything is working wonderful till now..... thanks for the great efforts...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hmmm... I just do not understand why is it good to strip off languages. I have also tried this ROM (not the 0702, but the previous one), but I missed the hungarian translation, so I had no time to collect experiences.

Talks about doubling batery life are bogus, but there is a smaller and noticeable difference.

It's 1 or 2% or something. In low-usage scenarios (which is is the only case in which UV *might* matter), by far the most power is used by the GSM parts of the phone.

So, instead of UV actually achieving anything, you end up with a) some users that complain about crashes, B) many users who think UV is the solution to their battery life problems that are actually related to bugs in installed apps, misconfiguration, or the users not understanding what features of the phone actually consume power, and c) spam in the forums by people who have too much time on their hands talking about UV. ;)

Guest sej7278

It's 1 or 2% or something. In low-usage scenarios (which is is the only case in which UV *might* matter), by far the most power is used by the GSM parts of the phone.

So, instead of UV actually achieving anything, you end up with a) some users that complain about crashes, b ) many users who think UV is the solution to their battery life problems that are actually related to bugs in installed apps, misconfiguration, or the users not understanding what features of the phone actually consume power, and c) spam in the forums by people who have too much time on their hands talking about UV. ;)

i agree with everything you're saying there, especially B, battery life problems are related to crappy apps and wakelocks or dying batteries, otherwise everyone would have them.

UV won't even kick in when idle or when maxing out the cpu gaming. i'd be interested to see what phone functions are done at the 200-400Mhz frequencies, probably phonecalls and that's about it.

i've nothing against UV if it was implemented properly and proven to be worth the potential stability issues, but as it is its a bit "meh"

Guest mitchde

power stepping BUG in latest burgerZ Kernel?!

In used 03.02. burgerZ (UV) ROM and was very happy with the battery usage.

Now i tried 07.02 build and found out:

Doesnt matter which goverer i use (on demand or smartzassV2) the cpu use only 122 Mhz and max. clk (i have 710 MHz) . Even on very less cpu load it goes straight tomax. CPU clock. Only if i use powersave it is fixed at 122 Mhz all time.

The burgerZ build from 03.02. didnt worked that way and for example if i use musik apk it stays always between 122 and 480 Mhz (mostly 240 MHz).

There must be an bug in the way the latest advanced voltage controll (+UV) kernel step up + down usage.

Battery usage is bad with 07.02. build.

Edited by mitchde

Guest leetron1

Battery usage for me too is really poor using BurgerZ feb7...

Cannot verify freq stepping in detail but have noticed phone can be very reluctant to wake using power button and smartass v2 with 122MHz lower end, which may be related...

Edited by leetron1

Guest targetbsp

I actually feel bad taking credit for this lol. Setting up the initial environment was painful but each new version I compile requires only the following typed into a terminal

sudo bash

enter password

cd android/system

repo sync

ctrl+ r

rom [return]

ctrl + r

. [return]

:D I should get really lazy and replace the few commands I can be bothered to remember with ctrl + r. I so need ctrl+r in DOS :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Could you give me a tip how to configure the environment?

See here for a link to the official guide and some of my personal tips* for setting it up: http://android.modac...67#entry1864267

If you need help with any specifics just ask and I or someone else will be able to help you. :)

*I say mine, they were mostly from other people. I just put/linked them into the one post. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest jackal-sk

Yeah but only ones that have actually had a bug. In general, same as Clitheroe1, I don't find any rom different form any other rom

Cca. half year back GSF had far better battery life than CM.

Guest targetbsp

Cca. half year back GSF had far better battery life than CM.

You see, some people say that, but I don't agree! It must depend upon your usage. I've never found any variant of the same Android version (eg, 2.3.x) to perform significantly different from another rom of the same Android version (outside of specifically known bugs)

Guest mitchde

Battery usage for me too is really poor using BurgerZ feb7...

Cannot verify freq stepping in detail but have noticed phone can be very reluctant to wake using power button and smartass v2 with 122MHz lower end, which may be related...

I contacted burgerZ and he will check this cpu stepping problem and will made soon an new burgerZ ROM if the problem has todo with the 07.feb kernel tweaks.

I flashed burgerZ's 07feb today and its working really smooth and fast ... everything is working wonderful till now..... thanks for the great efforts...

wel, I flashed BurgerZ's 07feb over sej's 31jan without fullwipe and gps is not working! it shows, that it has a fix, but the location is about 500km away from real place and doesn't move. checked with "gps status" blade found no sat -> back to sej's 31jan and everything is fine ;)

Guest BurgerZ

09FEB build is done. You can test it.

- GPS fixed (I think so) - its about issues to show places other than you are.

- AVS is out of kernel (add some new light sensors)

- more langs

Guest mckc001

BTW has anyone seen/tried out this?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1382014

Its based on N256 it seems and has tweaks and themes from Android 4.0...

It also has MIUI Battery bar too

yip modded n256 with ICS theme - loads of extras to install too, as i remember.(tried the first version a while back)

found it a bit buggy and i missed the soft buttons so went back to sej's kang builds which incidentally are fantastic.

There are plenty of ICS thems for CM7 and the rest you can find on modaco or over on xda.

Guest Revenge

i agree with everything you're saying there, especially B, battery life problems are related to crappy apps and wakelocks or dying batteries, otherwise everyone would have them.

UV won't even kick in when idle or when maxing out the cpu gaming. i'd be interested to see what phone functions are done at the 200-400Mhz frequencies, probably phonecalls and that's about it.

i've nothing against UV if it was implemented properly and proven to be worth the potential stability issues, but as it is its a bit "meh"

Hey Sej, my girlfriend is using you CM7 from 31 Jan.

But the phone is getting very unstable at some times, and the battery drains very fast when the unstable occur.

Sometimes, the phone just locks, she touch the screen and nothing happens. Or for example, she thouch the number 8, and it appears the number 0.

This started only to happens, after flashing your rom with the undervolted kernel.

Do you have a version of your kernel without the undervolt? I wanted to test it, just to be shure that is the undervolt causing the problem.

hi sej and thank you.

just updated two old Blades to your 31st Jan build, one was on 24Oct and the other a little older build, both sej kang. did a devlk wipe on both, that was it.

the first, a gen1 updated LCD Blade shows no obvious bugs, yay! the MIUI battery bar setting had to be reapplied but that was about it :)

but the 2nd one, mine, an OLED blade, has a couple of new quirks in this build. first, the power button doesn't always respond for turning the screen on and off. never seen this with another rom. it does work to bring up power menu, and it does also work when phone charging. weird?

2nd problem, I use the RenderFX a lot to avoid damaging my night vision, this still works, but now it seems to get applied double (so the screen goes really orange) sometimes e.g. when loading some apps, maybe related to rotating the screen. happens for only a fraction of a second than goes back to rend mode applied normally.

an example of this: when loading a story in the app Guardian Anywhere (UK newspaper). also happens sometimes in youtube app.

the first issue is quite annoying, the 2nd is only minor but i thought i'd mention as it is a regression.

other than this i really appreciated not having to reinstall all apps etc this time, thanks.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest BurgerZ

New driver that I've ported to the kernel broke TAOS light sensors drivers.

So I updated the kernel with old drivers and u can flash it after u flash the ROM (wipe dalvik after kernel flash).

Also.. one more issue (I think that its because of ringlock patch):

after changing sound profile, when the screen is locked, the sound profile ring disappear and it shows only when u tap on any place on the screen.

Guest hayenne

Went from MMHP to BurgerZ's KANG 03-Feb. I noticed that synchronisation (email, contacts, calendar) broke after the flashing (done full wipe/cache/dalvik).

The connectivity works fine on mobile, I can do browsing and market works as well.

The auto-sync setting is on, the contacts would not sync with Google for some reason and Gmail's app shows 'Your email should appear shortly' since yesterday :(

Other than than, this ROM looks quite fast, in fact, it is faster than any other ROM I've seen so far, and efficient from the battery point of view too. I would be happy to keep it!

Does anyone alse have the same issue? Search could not find anything related...

Edited by hayenne