[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Changelog is mended. :D

http://cm-nightlies....m/?device=blade

The guy was unfortunately on holiday when it broke! :)

Of note are improved scrolling: http://review.cyanog...m/#change,12555

And I don't know if this has anything to do with JudasLucifers photo problem? http://review.cyanog...m/#change,12529

Compiling a vanilla build now. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest JudasLucifer

And I don't know if this has anything to do with JudasLucifers photo problem? http://review.cyanog...m/#change,12529

I think thats about people with 16:9 (480x854) screens having the lockscreen (or other) images being resized at 3:5, and so it all gets a bit skewey.

Anyhow, I downloaded QuickPic and that doesn't do funky squares :)

Guest Chris Banks

I've tried it with portrait pictures featuring faces in varying places, and the box still snaps square around the face. It's really odd, having face detection when there seems no obvious way to utilize it :)

I have noticed face detection when choosing a picture for a contact and works quite well.

However its definitely not what you want when trying to change wallpaper!

Guest KonstaT

It could well be a placebo effect but I have to say, scrolling rapidly through large lists in titanium, market and adw does seem quite a bit better. It doesn't in root explorer though.

That is only a different approach on a thing that you already had. I've also disabled scrolling cache in Swedish Snow and it does indeed seem to smooth scrolling a bit in some apps. But placebo is always nice too. ;)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest targetbsp

That is only a different approach on a thing that you already had. I've also disabled scrolling cache in Swedish Snow and it does indeed seem to smooth scrolling a bit in some apps. But placebo is always nice too. ;)

This new way auto switches between caching on and not when its best though rather than flat out on or off. And I'd not actually got around to flashing a rom since the original method was added so this is new to me either way. :D

Guest saransh9

i cant click photos on 2x Zoom,when i take the zoom to 2x and then click and it goes back to 1x and then click's it.and i think this didn't happen on stock 2.2.

Guest lopilop

I would like to ask Sej if there is any pack we can flash into the new CM7 nightly that would introduce the ICS effect when you change the position of the phone that you have in your self compiled based in CM7

Guest rapier07

i cant click photos on 2x Zoom,when i take the zoom to 2x and then click and it goes back to 1x and then click's it.and i think this didn't happen on stock 2.2.

Same with me.. does Bluetooth work?

It's a bug that's been there for ages. At some point, the pics were zoomed only to ~1.5x but now we can't get even that. Not that it actually matters much, even if it was working there's no hw zoom on blade so the final image would just be a crop from the original. You can crop images with a bunch of apps out there anyway if you want. I know it's a bit annoying but I've learned to live with it, though I hope there would be a fix for it someday (which I doubt..).

I would like to ask Sej if there is any pack we can flash into the new CM7 nightly that would introduce the ICS effect when you change the position of the phone that you have in your self compiled based in CM7

All newer nightlies (KANGs) already have them in. The ics transitions were merged a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest oldfella

tried burgerz latest and got a package error trying to update Superuser from the market

uncomfortable with this so loaded targetbsp Kang and this is OK so far

thanks !

Edited by oldfella

Vanilla CM7 12th Feb: http://www.mediafire...c4vtvsgqnowmbo6

MD5#5bcc88a59c0eb9d713644aa4f2c8abcc

Many thanks targetbsp!

Will see how it goes with the scrolling, although first thing I noticed was that I miss the changes sej7278/sm4tik introduced to the lock screen unlocking (the "blow-up").

targetbsp!

Does your new build have the MIUI-like battery bar?

Thx in advance!

The battery bar app mentioned earlier seems to work well, you can hide the existing default symbol in CM7 settings.

Cheers, Paul

Edited by Paden