[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest campyr
I did full wipe and installed N37. I turned GPS on. It worked well in Google Maps. After turning GPS off and using phone after a little while it shuts down. So random reboot/shut down might be caused by GPS? Is anyone else having this kind of problem?

"lets do the time-warp again"! :)

Guest Swiftes

Right guys, on RC4 atm, find it stable and smooth, question is, is it worth it to move up to the latest nightly? :)

Edited by Swiftes

Guest Matthew Ferguson
However. ROM manager will only install newer clockworks for our blades from within CM7, unfortunately.

This isn't true, I've installed and updated clockwork on the ROM manager from Japanese Jellyfish before.

Guest dibbles
Good news everybody! The GPS reboot issue has been set to ShouldBeFixed in the bug tracker. There's a long discussion with many posts over the day for anyone interested in the precise outcome: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3277

It is indeed good news :) I tried out and reported Tom's ROM as working for me and I see that the fix will make it to the nightlies.

Now all we need is Refraction to be completed :)

Guest Lawido
So do you think GPS will be working correctly in next nightly if it's fixed now?

im pretty sure next release is stable so thought its fixed

Edited by Lawido

Guest supermies123
im pretty sure next release is stable so thought its fixed

That would be awesome. Do you think there is any major bugs in CM7 after GPS is fixed?

Guest supermies123

Does anyone know which launcher is free and smoothest off all?

I've seen people telling ADW, Launcher Pro etc. but in my opinion they are not that fast.

Steven Lin's launcher was okay but I couldn't get the free version working in CM7. It worked in FLB Froyo ROM.

Eugene373 is best what I have found but is there even better than that?

It doesn't have to be feature rich. Just fast and smooth.

Guest Ashenfall

I've seen people telling ADW, Launcher Pro etc. but in my opinion they are not that fast.

Steven Lin's launcher was okay but I couldn't get the free version working in CM7. It worked in FLB Froyo ROM.

If you tried Launcher Pro on CM7 before the 0.8.4 update a few weeks ago, you should give it another go - it was slow on CM7 before that.

Guest Oyorf
Accelerometer maybe.
I think this is the last major thing. Other bugs that are still there does not really matter.(or at least I can live with them)

Guest KelticDaz

Go Launcher Ex is free, packed full of features, and runs like a dream. Highly recommended.

Launcher Pro.

Iam using Launcher7 really like it.

looks great with Rover CM7 Theme.

Battery life is really good on N36.

Spare parts:

Wifi running: 1d 5h (84%)

Running: 5h

Still at 20% battery.

since i'm one of the people that reported the GPS issue on my TFT blade and CM7, thought i'd report back on my trial with my current N36 and the slarti boot image posted a few posts back. The phone has now been up and running for over 7 hours after installing the new boot (via fastboot bootloader) and testing with GPS apps and letting it sleep. It has NOT rebooted so far, so looking good!

The battery temp is definetly being reported (or displayed) wrongly. It shows 61 degrees on wake up from sleep and then quickly goes down to the usual 21-25degrees. 61 degrees is obviously wrong !

Edited by xzyk

Guest supermies123
If you tried Launcher Pro on CM7 before the 0.8.4 update a few weeks ago, you should give it another go - it was slow on CM7 before that.

Sweet, I gave Launcher Pro a try again and it really seems smooth and fast now. Thanks!

Guest supermies123

By the way, I was wondering why don't they change Launcher Pro as a default launcher for CM7 as it's clearly better than ADW?

Guest ThrashMan
Accelerometer maybe.

Wifi not going off while phone sleeps

Shutting down when charging (N37)

Occasional touchscreen lockups

Wifi not going off while phone sleeps

Shutting down when charging (N37)

Occasional touchscreen lockups

wifi not going off?

isnt that more like a fix than a bug?! the wifi drop is one of the biggest issues i hate of the san francisco