[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Nothing according to the changelog: http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

Maybe they set buildbot on another run after fixing some compilation errors in other phone models or something? or perhaps they are just generally testing build bot.

Guest Master One

I am curious: Does the option "push update notification" of CM7 require the Google Framework to be functional?

On my CM7.2-RC0 without GAPPS installation it just gets stuck at "registering" and nothing more happens.

Guest sej7278

This is actually old news (as you'll see when you click the link) but I wasn't aware of it and haven't seen it mentioned here before (I even searched just now!)

Anyway, a CWM installer for the ICS font into CM7: http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=18548861

The font is the best part of ICS anyway. :D

its not that much different though is it, just bolder. also for it to work with the clock you'll need to copy the Clockopia.ttf into packages/apps/DeskClock/assets/fonts/ and recompile.

Guest targetbsp

I really like it! I can't put my finger on why. I don't use the clock (there's one in the status bar as far as I'm concerned! :D ) so I'll pass on that but thanks for the tip. :)

Guest sej7278

tom_g's new kernel includes the 2-way recording facility :D

argh, can't get the miui battery bar to merge now!

i've made a test build in the usual place with the changes in my sig (newer than official nightly26) most important is the new kernel.

can people please test the 2-way call recording still works, also wifi and proximity drivers have changed.

pretty new fonts (including clock!) they are actually better than i thought, although when they're really small (notifications) they're not great

post-839039-0-38750400-1330340891_thumb.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

OK, I've been having a bit of an intermittent problem over the past few weeks and wondering if anyone had seen this or could think of a better solution than I'm coming up with.

For the past few weeks my computer has randomly been unable to connect to my phones file sharing app. I've been playing today and discovered that when I drop wifi connection (after a reboot or screen off) my computer can no longer ping the phone when it returns to the network. Even though the phone can use the network fine.

So I tried pinging the computer from the phone and no problem. Whilst doing this, I realised that causes my computer to instantly realise the phone is there and be able to communicate with it.

So, as workaround, I'm thinking of using this: http://www.appbrain....p.LocaleExecute in conjunction with tasker to ping my computer when I open my file sharing app.

Anyone any better solutions or got an idea how to fix this properly? All I ever seem to use tasker for is to bodge fixes for issues I shouldn't have lol.

OK. I got a tasker solution for this in case anyone has the same issue with file transfer apps (Samba FileSharing, Airdroid, FTP server or anything)

You'll need Tasker (obviously) and the above linked plugin.

Create a new profile. You can call it anything but you will need the name later (spelt exactly including case and spaces)

For the context choose application and select the application(s) you will be running that need the desktop to be able to talk to your phone

Hit new task (name is irrelevant)

Hit the + to add a new command and choose plugin -> execute

Click edit and type:

@ping -c 1 IP_Address

The @ prevents it spamming the instruction on the screen (you can leave this out at first to watch it work and then edit it and add it in later) the -c 1 means ping once, IP_Address is the ip address of the machine you will be using to communicate with the phone

tick continue task after error and then hit the tick

Hit the +again to add another new command and choose task -> wait

Select the number of seconds between pings. i went for 5

and hit the tick

finally hit + again for a last command and choose task -> goto

it should default to action 1 (the ping)

Tick the if box and select the variable 'profiles active' (called %PACTIVE

In the right hand box enter *Profile Name* (the name of the profile you created, spelt, spaced and cased exactly wrapped in asterisks)

Hit the tick.

This will now ping your desktop once every 5 seconds as long as the file transfer app you use in the foreground app on the phone. Basically performing a keep alive between the phone and the desktop.

Edited by targetbsp

Since S2E is only for CM7, I've decided to post my question in this thread... I'm setting up my wife's phone to install CM7, and I am considering what size to make the SD-EXT partition.

On my phone, I have a 503 MB partition, which has 274 MB used (as reported by FreeSpace). My TPT is 140 MB system and 314 MB data. So I have lots of space left in the SD-EXT partition, but only 34 MB free in the data partition... this means that I cannot really install many more apps to the phone, because some of the program data is on the data partition of the phone even when using S2E. Subsequently, I am using the 'Move to SD card' function of CM7 more lately.

I am thinking that, for the new phone, I should use a smaller SD-EXT parition (256 MB), and instead use the 'Move to SD Card' funtion more. Am I missing a trick, or is this sound thinking?

Also, on my phone, I only have 'Applications' ticked in S2E. Application Data is greyed out. I have options to tick Private apps (only 2 MB), but I feel better having these on the phone; Dalvik cache (151 MB) and Download Cache. I think that it would be a good idea to move Download Cache to SD-EXT - yes or no? What about Dalvik - better kept on the phone for better performance?

tom_g's new kernel includes the 2-way recording facility :D

argh, can't get the miui battery bar to merge now!

i've made a test build in the usual place with the changes in my sig (newer than official nightly26) most important is the new kernel.

can people please test the 2-way call recording still works, also wifi and proximity drivers have changed.

pretty new fonts (including clock!) they are actually better than i thought, although when they're really small (notifications) they're not great

post-839039-0-38750400-1330340891_thumb.

You're the best, thanks for compiling! By the way, what is the best application to test the two-way call recording?

Guest Master One

What call recorder App do you suggest?Apparently the new kernel breaks wifi. wifi isn't working with sej's last KANG.

I can confirm that WIFI is working with sej7278's latest test build, and I also would like to know, which is the recommended (free) call recorder for use with that 2-way-recording feature.

Guest sej7278

What call recorder App do you suggest?Apparently the new kernel breaks wifi. wifi isn't working with sej's last KANG.

this is interesting - what kind of blade do you have - v880, gen1/oled, gen2/lcd, is it a very new model, or very old? looks like a Base Lutea from your profile - is this a new german model? i assume it works with the regular nightly?

did you wipe dalvik at least, as tom_g seems to believe this is expected behaviour if the new boot.img was used with the old system.img

not sure about call recording, someone did post an apk a few pages back in this thread, but it doesn't work with bluetooth:

I use it from first burstlams rom with 2wcr. Works good. New version "Call Recorder" from market dont work.

http://dl.dropbox.co...allRecorder.apk

Edited by sej7278

not sure about call recording, someone did post an apk a few pages back in this thread

Works like a charm on latest sej7278 test build (27Feb). I have Red Bull Mobile (Play) ZTE Blade (new model with 5MB camera).

Guest Master One

Works like a charm on latest sej7278 test build (27Feb). I have Red Bull Mobile (Play) ZTE Blade (new model with 5MB camera).

Which call recorder? As mentioned, unfortunately CallRecorder.apk does not work with a BT headset, which is a no-go for me.

Which call recorder? As mentioned, unfortunately CallRecorder.apk does not work with a BT headset, which is a no-go for me.

I test it using CallRecorder. I don't know about programs working with BT headset, but it is odd that it doesn't work with BT.

It is only suggestion, but change BT headset for a moment to different one and try with it.

this is interesting - what kind of blade do you have - v880, gen1/oled, gen2/lcd, is it a very new model, or very old? looks like a Base Lutea from your profile - is this a new german model? i assume it works with the regular nightly?

My Base Lutea (the german OEM ZTE Blade) is a Gen1 LCD, 5 MPX camera, roughly 14 months old, bought early january 2011. Yes, wifi works with the regular 2012-02-25 NIGHTLY. However, Tom's new kernel does also NOT work with the regular nightly. There I got only error, when trying to enable wifi. With your KANG, wifi tries to connect but fails, tries to connect and so on.

did you wipe dalvik at least, as tom_g seems to believe this is expected behaviour if the new boot.img was used with the new system.img

Ah, ok. I didn't wipe dalvik, only cache and formatted /system,. I'll give wipe dalvik a try. Nope, wipe dalvik doesn't make any difference. Even a full wipe was unsuccessful. I give up. ;).

At least the new system font looks nice. :)

Edited by bhf