[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest johannes140

I actually had trouble upgrading a previous CM7 to Sej's new build. Some my icons went blue despite the theme engine being disabled. No big deal - I just enabled theme engine set them back green and disabled it again.

The same thing happened to me. I was able to get the statusbar icons back to green by selecting the "System" preset in the "Designs" app, but Browser / Email / SMS icons stayed blue. Is there a way to fix this without a system wipe?

- edit: after re-setting it to System and rebooting, all icons are now the way they should be.

out of curiosity, how do you disable the theme engine?

Edited by johannes140

Guest targetbsp

out of curiosity, how do you disable the theme engine?

I freeze lots of the system apk's I don't use using Titanium. Theme chooser, the theme engine and the two included themes are amongst them. :)

did you? well that explains it then!

Not really. I just dabbled with the new kernel and some recent CM7 KANG builds and the latest nightly.

you have to use my complete rom, you can't mix a new kernel with an old nightly.

have you tried just installing my rom (including wiping dalvik)?

Of course I tried first and foremost your KANG, completely as it is. All your previous KANGs work perfectly on my phone.

As always, I wiped cache and /system, installed the ROM and GApps. Then I wiped dalvik, too. Wifi didn't work. I even tried a full wipe with factory reset. Still no working wifi.

I didn't try an older kernel (from the latest nightly or even the uv-kernel) with your KANG, that seemed pointless even to me. ;)

Guest sej7278

The same thing happened to me. I was able to get the statusbar icons back to green by selecting the "System" preset in the "Designs" app, but Browser / Email / SMS icons stayed blue. Is there a way to fix this without a system wipe?

- edit: after re-setting it to System and rebooting, all icons are now the way they should be.

i found i had to reboot to properly change the icons (either way) i guess they get cached.

i just updated to the latest nightly, i wiped cache and dalvoric cache but not full system wipe, everything works fine, but when my phone first turned on after the update it resent a few of my recent sms but i couldn't see them as sent messages, i just got notifications from giffgaff saying remaining credit like after a normal text, could this be a problem with cyanogenmod or the xlsms app i'm using to send messages,

also this has happened before a couple of times on crash reboots

Edited by maff91

Guest KonstaT

There really seems to be some issues with the new kernel new wifi driver combo in some devices. I had one report of wifi issues in Swedish Snow thread with my clean build from ZTE sources, there's at least one in burstlam's kernel thread, couple of over here and even more at XDA.

yes but the point being that the wifi modules that my kernel is expecting are not in any rom but mine (they haven't been merged yet) and the new kernel cannot use the old modules, same goes for burstlam's kernel too i expect.

LOL, got to like the way you use 'my kernel' and 'my ROM'. ;) No offence, I just found it very amusing.

not sure about call recording, someone did post an apk a few pages back in this thread, but it doesn't work with bluetooth:

Why are you promoting warez? That app is 4,99$ at market.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest sej7278

There really seems to be some issues with the new kernel new wifi driver combo in some devices. I had one report of wifi issues in Swedish Snow thread with my clean build from ZTE sources, there's at least one in burstlam's kernel thread, couple of over here and even more at XDA.

LOL, got to like the way you use 'my kernel' and 'my ROM'. ;) No offence, I just found it very amusing.

Why are you promoting warez? That app is 4,99$ at market.

i think everyone knows what i mean when i say "my" rom, it just means the test build i've compiled. i certainly don't mean to be taking credit for tom_g (or even zte's) work. hell there's plenty of people on here claiming to have built a complete rom when all they've done is themed a nightly they have even compiled!

i'm not promoting warez, i just quoted someone else who said the version on the market is different to the one uploaded. if you don't like it get a mod to delete the attachment.

have you got any links to the threads reporting the wifi issues - we've had 3 complaints out of 195 downloaders on here, with very old (gen1/oled) and quite new (lutea) phones, although its unclear if they are due to not wiping properly.

Guest KonstaT

have you got any links to the threads reporting the wifi issues - we've had 3 complaints out of 195 downloaders on here, with very old (gen1/oled) and quite new (lutea) phones, although its unclear if they are due to not wiping properly.

Quickly found these:

This is dutch new blade with 5mpix camera.

From burstlam's thread with logcat.

wbaw started a thread at xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1520093

One chinese blade with 256mb ram at xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22975676&postcount=117

Guest sej7278

Quickly found these:

This is dutch new blade with 5mpix camera.

http://android.modac...ost__p__1904954

From burstlam's thread with logcat.

http://android.modac...ost__p__1907528

wbaw started a thread at xda.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1520093

One chinese blade with 256mb ram at xda.

http://forum.xda-dev...6&postcount=117

i had a look around xda and couldn't find much other than bluetooth problems.

burstlam's thread on here doesn't look too good though, lots of wifi problems and camera problems - i wonder if those builds are using the newer 5mp camera libs ?

tom_g put up a patch7 but it doesn't look like it would fix anything, just some zram/lzo modules he forgot to upload and a tethering typo.

Guest targetbsp

Ooh I missed that we were testing a new TomG kernel here - even though its linked in your sig lol. I thought it was something new you'd compiled from his source.

My earlier confusion about things is now officially cleared up. :D

For what it's worth, (as you mentioned this revision) mine is an OLED that was gen1 and wifi seems to be fine. In fact, it's spent the past 40 minutes backing up my SD card over it!

Guest KonstaT

i had a look around xda and couldn't find much other than bluetooth problems.

burstlam's thread on here doesn't look too good though, lots of wifi problems and camera problems - i wonder if those builds are using the newer 5mp camera libs ?

tom_g put up a patch7 but it doesn't look like it would fix anything, just some zram/lzo modules he forgot to upload and a tethering typo.

Yeah, probably nothing in patch7 that would help with this.

If the kernel and wifi driver mismatch (e.g. using old driver and new kernel or vice versa), the wifi driver simply fails to load. It just throws you an error at the very beginning. If it gets to scanning-connecting-disconnected loop there's something else wrong with it.

Guest sej7278

Ooh I missed that we were testing a new TomG kernel here - even though its linked in your sig lol. I thought it was something new you'd compiled from his source.

My earlier confusion about things is now officially cleared up. :D

For what it's worth, (as you mentioned this revision) mine is an OLED that was gen1 and wifi seems to be fine. In fact, it's spent the past 40 minutes backing up my SD card over it!

no i didn't compile a kernel/modules from github this time, i just used tom_g's blobs on gerrit, probably better to rule out compilation differences.

backing up the sd card over wifi, are you insane? :D i just plug into usb and fire up rsync. that said, i must have a look at this adb-over-wifi stuff.

zte's got some nice phones coming up, but i think i've had enough of their sourcecode crap, why they release kernels that don't even compile baffles me.

no i didn't compile a kernel/modules from github this time, i just used tom_g's blobs on gerrit, probably better to rule out compilation differences.

backing up the sd card over wifi, are you insane? :D i just plug into usb and fire up rsync. that said, i must have a look at this adb-over-wifi stuff.

zte's got some nice phones coming up, but i think i've had enough of their sourcecode crap, why they release kernels that don't even compile baffles me.

sej7278, can provide a fix (zip) the new kernel patch to test please?

Guest sej7278

sej7278, can provide a fix (zip) the new kernel patch to test please?

not worth it, patch7 isn't going to fix things (and it would need a whole rom not just a kernel zip). we have to hope tom_g is talking to burstlam/wbaw about it.

not worth it, patch7 isn't going to fix things (and it would need a whole rom not just a kernel zip). we have to hope tom_g is talking to burstlam/wbaw about it.

Ok, thanks anyway

Guest Cata_Simi

I've just finished to test some kangs: sej's(build from 25th), wbaw's ,burgerz and burslam's(the latest chinese one) and burstam's build is simply awsome in all ways, it's a all in one

Guest squee666

try sejs build on clean install. my wifi dnt work it just crashes settings giving me FC on a TfT Orange Sanfrancisco.

Going back to swedish v3

which saddens me as its BLAZING fast this rom

Edited by squee666

running sej 27/feb kang and found 1 problem. cpuspy shows my blade always in deep sleep (all other states are unused). anyone have the same issue? was on sej's earlier kangs and never had this problem before..

Guest mgn.kir

did you try with the regular nightly? did you tpt it to gen2? you may have to run the proximity calibration in settings->device settings

Hi, sorry for late reply.

No, I'm not trying regular CM nightly. But I use your and BurgerZ old build and wifi works. Also BurgerZ's kernel from 27.02.12 not work for me with same issues.

Yes, I'm tpt to gen2.

No, Proxyimity calibration not help for me (also try reboot my blade).

Sorry for my english, hope you understand me )

I've just finished to test some kangs: sej's(build from 25th), wbaw's ,burgerz and burslam's(the latest chinese one) and burstam's build is simply awsome in all ways, it's a all in one

Can you please show me the burslam link?

Guest Hans Gruber
<br />Yeah, probably nothing in patch7 that would help with this.<br /><br />If the kernel and wifi driver mismatch (e.g. using old driver and new kernel or vice versa), the wifi driver simply fails to load. It just throws you an error at the very beginning. If it gets to scanning-connecting-disconnected loop there's something else wrong with it.<br />

I've just done a complete wipe and installed sej's build from yesterday with the new wifi drivers on my OLED Blade and it just gives me a loop of "connecting..." followed by "disconnected"

Attached a log, might be useful

alogcat.2012-02-28-09-02-45+0000.txt

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest cowscrubber

Burstlam's latest build (Feb 27)

http://uloz.to/xJM6Fnv/n361x-zip

The original file host was too slow, but I found this link in another site. This host is in Czech but easily decipherable even without translator.

This is the original site (in Chinese).

edit: The rom is in Chinese. When you change the language to English, some apps will still have their Chinese names. You need to reboot to fix this.

Edited by cowscrubber