[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

So the latest nightly can connect with 54Mbps? I thought sej7278 uses TomG's latest kernel, so my guess was that both builds suffer from the same "stuck at 11Mbps" problem.

Quite confusing, is there any recent KANG fully working? Before I switched back to sej7278 I was trying wbaw's build, but that one would not let me connect to my BT heaset.

no, the latest nightly doesn't have the new kernel - its not been merged yet, so probably that's the most stable build for now (25th?)

my last kang that didn't have that kernel would be before the 27feb.

edit: just set my router to G-only and i can't connect now using patch7, set it back to b+g and it connects again at 11mbps, so its definitely broken 54g

Edited by sej7278

Guest johannes140

just set my router to G-only and i can't connect now using patch7, set it back to b+g and it connects again at 11mbps, so its definitely broken 54g

+1 to this. same thing happens with my router :-(

Edited by johannes140

edit: just set my router to G-only and i can't connect now using patch7, set it back to b+g and it connects again at 11mbps, so its definitely broken 54g

I don't believe it. I checked my router setting (a vodafone easy box), it was set up for g-mode only. I changed to mixed mode (b+g), installed sej's KANG from 27th and guess what? Exactly, my wifi was connected even before I entered my PIN. Of course it's only 11 mbps, but hey. At least, it's not my phone that's special or broken. That's a relief.

Sorry for causing so much hay yesterday.

Edited by bhf

Guest targetbsp

Well, we probably wouldn't have noticed that problem with the kernel before it went out in a nightly and caused havoc if some peoples routers weren't set that way. So it's a good thing really! :D

Edited by targetbsp

How can I get Finnish language to burstlams N361 build? Why can't u burstlam keep all languages on your builds? But still, you make best cm7 builds! ;) keep it going!

Guest sej7278

Well, we probably wouldn't have noticed that problem with the kernel before it went out in a nightly and caused havoc if some peoples routers weren't set that way. So it's a good thing really! :D

yes exactly, the more problems we find before it gets merged, the better.

Burstlam's latest build (Feb 27)

http://uloz.to/xJM6Fnv/n361x-zip

The original file host was too slow, but I found this link in another site. This host is in Czech but easily decipherable even without translator.

This is the original site (in Chinese).

edit: The rom is in Chinese. When you change the language to English, some apps will still have their Chinese names. You need to reboot to fix this.

Does it have brazilian portuguese?

Guest Pondlife

Sounds like TomG has got the wifi fixed. :) (Not uploaded yet)

Sounds promising. Would this have likely affected the wifi hotspot speed if using it for tethering?

Could explain some of the problems I was having yesterday, just assumed it was bad 3g signal but hopefully was this instead. :)

Guest sej7278

Sounds promising. Would this have likely affected the wifi hotspot speed if using it for tethering?

Could explain some of the problems I was having yesterday, just assumed it was bad 3g signal but hopefully was this instead. :)

i'd be surprised if tethering worked at all in my 27/feb build - as the hostap.conf file was pointing at the wrong interface!

Well, I encountered two more things. CPUSpy reports also the phone to be completely in deep sleep. This is just a minor annoyance.

More severe is the failing proximity sensor. If I cover the sensor just briefly, proximity works. If I cover the sensor more than a couple seconds, the display remains black.

I reset the proximity data to defaults and calibrated the sensor several times. I noticed that the data for threshold were back in the triple digits. With the latest nightly feb25, proximity sensor worked fine and they were in the quadruple digits.

Edited by bhf

Guest Pondlife

i'd be surprised if tethering worked at all in my 27/feb build - as the hostap.conf file was pointing at the wrong interface!

Ah, was sure I was on that one but actually on 19feb build doh.

Guest targetbsp

so when is a nwe build out i want to get it lol ;p

The new patchset hasn't been uploaded by TomG yet

More severe is the failing proximity sensor. If I cover the sensor just briefly, proximity works. If I cover the sensor more than a couple seconds, the display remains black.

That also sounds like it will be fixed in the next one. Assuming the cause was the missing wakelock Burstlam and TomG were discussing.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

umm any description of the kernel??

or is it the same as given on xda by wbaw??

gpu overclock and changes to ondemand governer??

It's TomG's next kernel we're testing. The one that will go out in the official CM7 nightlies etc. It's based on the newly released Blade source from ZTE.

I'm not sure what's new over the current CM7 kernel. Some wifi changes obviously! And Sej mentioned 2 way call recording earlier.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Vanilla CM7 compiled 29th Feb - includes all fixes up to and including "policy: don't lock users out if they wipe their fingerprint database" from http://cm-nightlies....m/?device=blade

+ new Blade kernel Patchset 8: http://review.cyanog...m/#change,13045

MD5: daad48e99552af27059abbbd0d4251f9

Link: Sorry I uploaded the wrong rom (it was the feb 26th nightly). And the correct one doesn't work. For the correct working version see post 12895 on the next page.

For me, wifi is connecting at 54Mbps and in call proximity is working (but I had no calls on the previous build as a point of reference on that last issue)

Edited by targetbsp

For me, wifi is connecting at 54Mbps and in call proximity is working (but I had no calls on the previous build as a point of reference on that last issue)

+1

The false reported depp sleep is gone. Thank you guys. All personell involved is doing a great job. Your work is highly appreciated.

Guest sej7278

Looks like the new patch set is up! I shall make a vanilla + new kernel version to play with until Sej gets here. :D

i tried a test build but i'm just getting a boot loop, not really got time to look into it today either.

looking at it the fix was some eeprom files that weren't included in patch 6 or 7, and to re-enable the wakelock

MD5: daad48e99552af27059abbbd0d4251f9

targetbsp, I checked MD5 sum and it is different than in your post (it is 44197e0c5633888685480b64b1abfbfe generated by md5sums.exe). I'v downloaded rom twice with the same result.Could you verify it?

Edited by kjacek