[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest JayGB1982
wifi not going off?

isnt that more like a fix than a bug?! the wifi drop is one of the biggest issues i hate of the san francisco

Isn't there some app we can use which automatically reconnects wifi when in range?

Or an free alternative to tasker which sets to 2G when screen off and 3G / Wifi when on?

This is the main things which bugs me when running CM7.

It's come on loads even in the past 3 weeks. Well done DEVS :)

Guest targetbsp
Wifi not going off while phone sleeps

Shutting down when charging (N37)

Occasional touchscreen lockups

Touchscreen lockups were set to fixed with RC3...

Guest surfatwork

I can report that N37 with the slarti boot img works a treat. I had gps shutdown issues previously, but with this combo, the phone has been up and running for over 24hrs now. brilliant.

Guest surfatwork

can anyone tell me how to use the ZTE dialer with the CM7 ROM? I tried adding the Smartdialer apk to the CM7 rom and replacing the Contacts and ContactsProvider apks in there with the ones from SS RLS4, but it doesnt seem to have worked.

Guest Len Ash
I can report that N37 with the slarti boot img works a treat. I had gps shutdown issues previously, but with this combo, the phone has been up and running for over 24hrs now. brilliant.

But:

if the battery temperature monitoring is "disabled" AND the phone is in a car AND you are using G. Nav AND USB charging AND the phone is in a silicon case AND in direct sunlight... which is all done everyday by thousands.

AND the rather cheap ZTE battery explodes/leaks...

Guest mark2410
Why would you need to restore when you don't wipe ?

I always wipe cache + Dalvik cache, no restore required at all.

because it is wiping itself when i upgrade it. that is the problem im trying to solve

Guest redironman
But:

if the battery temperature monitoring is "disabled" AND the phone is in a car AND you are using G. Nav AND USB charging AND the phone is in a silicon case AND in direct sunlight... which is all done everyday by thousands.

+1

Guest mark2410

could someone tell me how i should be updating from rc2 to n38 in steps for retards, it keeps wiping itself.

could it be because i have a2sd installed?

Guest dibbles
But:

That did concern me somewhat but have you thought as to why it does not cause a shutdown in the 2.2 ROM'.s...? It has been stated that it is because ZTE disabled the shutdown function.

From what I understand is being done with the CM7 fix is that the trigger points of a shutdown are being made a little higher before it would shutdown.

Even though I have used the battery widget I have never "felt" a difference in the temp of the battery when left in sleep mode as being reported by that widget. Whether it is a faulty sensor or something else I do not know but which is the preferred solution to use..? To have ZTE's option of having the function disabled or the CM7 one of raising the threshold before it shuts down..?

Whilst both options are not ideal, the former particularly so, I do not see a third choice.

When I used the SS RLS4b I see exactly the same temp reporting (I am avoiding using the word "issue" as we do not know if it is a misreport) and yet no shutdown. Now I know why.

It seems that the fix made it into the n38 build....

* Updated CPU frequency table - should now be more stable.

* Updated BFQ to latest version.

* Change to prevent overheating (also fixes random GPS shutdowns)

Edited by dibbles

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Escuse my ignorant people but what's mean that ?

It say support for Gen 2 phone. So we can flash without KK converter ?

Sorry but I'm lost in all this informations. :)

Thanks.

Guest Michealtbh
could someone tell me how i should be updating from rc2 to n38 in steps for retards, it keeps wiping itself.

could it be because i have a2sd installed?

You are reflashing DTa2sd directly after flashing the new rom, right?

Guest Frankish
IMHO in n38 GPS is very fast now :)

True. Due to this...

Blade: Remove QCOM_LIBRPC from BoardConfig.mk - GPS locks faster without it.

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Just been reading through recent posts, seeing people suggesting that the accelerometer is the last major fix needed with CM7, and to be frank, I don't agree.

I'm not sure if this is just me, but there still appears to be a dead zone around where the scroll-up bar is when the notifications bar is pulled down.

Also, there's still no USB tether, and when the battery on the Blade isn't great, being able to charge and tether (the fastest way!) without PDANet is a blessing.

Guest targetbsp
I'm not sure if this is just me, but there still appears to be a dead zone around where the scroll-up bar is when the notifications bar is pulled down.

Surely 'slight annoyance' more than major issue? :)

Guest Nick Rhodes

Is there any difference in the way that CM7 reports battery usage compared to 2.2 ?

On any of the 2.2 ROMs my phone reports sleep/idle as the highest 2 usages, but with CM7 these are right down the list.

I tried n37 yesterday and [for me] battery life has greatly improved since RC4.

Also, does anyone else notice the mute button does not work when in call ?

Cheers, Nick