[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest lopilop

Latest Build

Kernel : Latest GB kernel. CPU/ GPU OC only, 2way recording enabled. no WIFI and CPU- UV

Full Language, embedded with Sony Bravia Engine and HTC BEATS Sound processing Engine enabled.

Download : http://hotfile.com/d...signed.zip.html

md5 : c7ceedd9327530afb3448db6f44c5c

If u have any Hardware troubles with new kernel source,

pls flash this patch to downgrade it with My Turies Based Kernel and old wifi module

Kernel and Wifi Roll Back Patch : http://hotfile.com/d...ngrade.zip.html

Seems to be really good.

But... Has it a way to add the ICS efects?

Guest hankhandsome

Latest Build

Your work is very much appreciated sir, as always, but I should point out that this build defaults to chinese language when flashed - i've just done it. It's easy enough to change back to english, but just thought i'd let you know :)

Guest brickornot

Latest Build

Kernel : Latest GB kernel. CPU/ GPU OC only, 2way recording enabled. no WIFI and CPU- UV

Full Language, embedded with Sony Bravia Engine and HTC BEATS Sound processing Engine enabled.

If u have any Hardware troubles with new kernel source,

pls flash this patch to downgrade it with My Turies Based Kernel and old wifi module

Kernel and Wifi Roll Back Patch : http://hotfile.com/d...ngrade.zip.html

this gpu overclock - how its work ?

Guest hankhandsome

i should also point out that while you can change the menu language back to english, the text on the menu icons remains in chinese. i'm just in the process of restoring my titanium backup so i can switch to launcher pro so i'll see if that makes a difference.

Guest emc02

Latest Build

no problems with hardware, exception: the frequency is not shown in "system panel light" and "CPU Spy"

in quadrant benchmark I have about 50 points more than before and it "feels" a little faster

what benefits should Bravia and HTC Beats give?

edit: when starting or rebooting the phone, it reboots during boot 1 extra time (the CM bootscreen restarts (without grren android logo, could be a "hot reboot")

Edited by emc02

Guest thewild

I need a little more time with the latest ROM, but my first impressions are that CPU UV did help.

It is not present in my current ROM (targetbsp's 29th) and was in the previous (sej's 18th jan). Maybe because I mainly use my phone to listen to music (~3h a day, via bluetooth), when CPU frequency is propably quite low but not sleeping and UV kicks in ?

I never had any reboot or stability problem with my phone, so I wonder what problems this UV thing was supposed to bring ?

Guest brickornot

edit: when starting or rebooting the phone, it reboots during boot 1 extra time (the CM bootscreen restarts (without grren android logo, could be a "hot reboot")

+1

TRUE

i was curious about this but it seems ok, tried 2 times already, first when installing, later to restart for install gapps and everytime i see one more extra reboot (this second is fast and have more light)

Guest brickornot

one more thing - in all cm7 there is strange thing with wifi connectivity.

For example my home name network is _BRICKHOME_

and i have on my list 10 more networks from diffrent places like work, etc.

And when i connect, enable wifi (from taskbar or widget), zte blade search for every network and it takes very long.

But when i will go into WIFI SETTINGS and just look onto list - its connect right away - in few seconds.

WHY ?

Guest emc02

one more thing - in all cm7 there is strange thing with wifi connectivity...

well, I have no Problems with WIFI

I have 3 known networks with different security options and it connects within about 3 seconds after activating it

Guest targetbsp

I need a little more time with the latest ROM, but my first impressions are that CPU UV did help.

It is not present in my current ROM (targetbsp's 29th) and was in the previous (sej's 18th jan). Maybe because I mainly use my phone to listen to music (~3h a day, via bluetooth), when CPU frequency is propably quite low but not sleeping and UV kicks in ?

I never had any reboot or stability problem with my phone, so I wonder what problems this UV thing was supposed to bring ?

Prolonged listening to music (with the screen off) is actually the only condition I can think of where CPU undervolting would help (a little) so it may indeed have been helping you. I removed the UV kernel I have from my site because it's not based on the new kernel from the latest KANG. I'm not sure which roms still contain it - I believe Swedish Spring still does but I'm not sure about any CM7's.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mitchde

Latest Build

I got md5 c7ceedd9327530afb3448db6f44c5c92 dl that hotfile DL.

Perhaps correct and only the 92 missed at the end of the md5 posting?

Edited by mitchde

Guest targetbsp

I got md5 c7ceedd9327530afb3448db6f44c5c92 dl that hotfile DL.

It's likely it was a copy and paste fail as the original is too short for an md5. A change in the file would cause a completely different MD5, not a couple of digits missing off the end. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

what benefits should Bravia and HTC Beats give?

Would also like to know that. I've seen beats advertised on laptop - I thought it was some fancy new sound chip or speakers. And to me... a bravia is a television?

Guest targetbsp

Bravia Engine seems to make some pictures sharper: http://ykkfive.blogs...ml#.T1Hw-Fd1Dlo

Over at XDA, it seems to be debatable whether anyone has ever successfully ported it to another phone or whether they've just got it to a state where it loads without error and are suffering from a placebo effect!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest hankhandsome

would anyone be so kind as to share your settings for nofrills ?

i've always used the following because i read it on one of the threads ..

Max freq: 652mhz

Min : 122mhz

Govenor: SmartassV2

I/O: sio

I mainly use my phone for listening to music when i'm out but i'm not too worried about overclocking for gaming so does this sound decent? thanks :)

Guest targetbsp

SmartAssV2 is IMO the best governor. I also lower my min CPU to 122. The max CPU varies from CPU to CPU so can't really be shared (though you say you're not hat bothered about that). So I guess you are good! You don't need to use NoFrills in CM7 btw - cpu settings are built into CM Settings.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest hankhandsome

SmartAssV2 is IMO the best governor. I also lower my min CPU to 122. The max CPU varies from CPU to CPU so can't really be shared (though you say you're not hat bothered about that). So I guess you are good! You don't need to use NoFrills in CM7 btw - cpu settings are built into CM Settings.

of course they are .. *slaps forehead* :)

thankyou sir, most helpful !

Guest Cata_Simi

with the new burstlam's rom i had overclocking instability problems (at 729mhz freezes constantly) in comparison to build 361X (where at 768 happen the same thing) and wifi takes too long to connect i thought it doesn't work at all

I'm wondering if it's really faster this new build

Guest targetbsp

Can someone can reupload sej lastest build please? (With ringlock patch, ics clock font undervolt/wifi undervolt)

Sej's rom doesn't have undervolting as far as I'm aware.

Guest ykk_five

Bravia Engine seems to make some pictures sharper: http://ykkfive.blogs...ml#.T1Hw-Fd1Dlo

Over at XDA, it seems to be debatable whether anyone has ever successfully ported it to another phone or whether they've just got it to a state where it loads without error and are suffering from a placebo effect!

it was a placebo before, but it's a real mod now since i released the working one last december

more info here http://ykkfive.blogspot.com/2011/12/some-good-news-for-sony-bravia-engine.html