[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest KonstaT

I'm going with this with regards to the GPU overclocking. All the games quoted as benefiting are very texture heavy and likely to benefit from a fast bus speed to the GPU. Only way to prove it though would be to change the kernel to keep the bus overclock and remove the supposed GPU overclock and see if it's as fast. But I wouldn't know how to do that. And does anyone really care as if the overclock isn't working - it can't be doing any harm!

Actually it seems that the AXI bus overclocking is what breaks CPU frequency statistics used by e.g. CPU Spy.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest targetbsp

Minor? I've been getting over 10% better 3D benchmark scores, and frame rates are higher by about 5.

battery recharged and I just got a 3d score of 604 followed by a 602 and then a 606 in antutu! :o

Up from several tests a touch under 520 on the old libs

I'm with you now, 'minor' was the wrong word!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Paden

Hey all

Have the improvements in the lockscreen ring performance introduced by sej7278/sm4tik been included in any other KANG?

Cheers, Paul

Guest targetbsp

OK, I worked out the cause of my variable performance with these new adreno libs:

I can now say with certainty that these rock. :D

Guest Pondlife
OK, I worked out the cause of my variable performance with these new adreno libs: I can now say with certainty that these rock. :D

Impressive, rather odd that sleep makes the difference though.

Guest sej7278

OK, I worked out the cause of my variable performance with these new adreno libs: http://android.modac...ost__p__1913605

I can now say with certainty that these rock. :D

i went from 644 on old libs to 722 with new ones in 3d stats, 2d doesn't change one point even at 152. non-overclocked 604mhz cpu, no build.props changes.

Guest targetbsp

would be nice, if you could merge it into your new build ("soon") ;)

http://www.mediafire...d8zanwzyvo88k3o

MD5#750854fd88dd6eefc6afade2c1a70573

Includes all changes up to and including "Fixed Proprietary info feild skipping in Samuel Berube's voicemail notification" from http://review.cyanog...translation,n,z

Plus new Adreno libs that score more than 15% better in Antutu 3d scores for me from: http://android.modac...3d-performance/

Old libs on the left, new on the right. Note that you are paying attention to the 3d score only. Storage performance (SD Card and database) is pretty variable making the final score kinda redundant.

It looks like an unfair advantage was given to the old libs as they were benched in airplane mode. This is not the case, both benches were in airplane mode - it's just the new libs screenshot was taken at a later time.

Both benches were taken several minutes after a clean reboot to allow the phone to finish booting startup apps. In both cases the phone was put to sleep briefly post boot due to my earlier discovery.

Each benchmark was run multiple times to ensure they were performing consistently (they were) and not fluking a high or low score.

oldegl.pngnewegl.png

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

i went from 644 on old libs to 722 with new ones in 3d stats, 2d doesn't change one point even at 152. non-overclocked 604mhz cpu, no build.props changes.

Have I misunderstood or are you saying those figures, 644 and 722 are for the 3d score only in Antutu?

How?? No other phone is in the same league as that! http://android.modaco.com/topic/345641-zte-blade-benchmark-test/

I wonder... does this suggest that the GPU overclocking in the kernel works on some models (Sej's and saransh9's) but not others (mine)?

Guest emc02

Did you sleep it for several seconds after the reboot? :D It seems to need it. It's then fine until the next boot.

yes ;) but score is always low...

edit: ok, just tested again: 146/606 :D but 2d score often goes to very low values

testing a third time....

299/606 @710MHz thats ok... thanks :D

Edited by emc02

Guest asm19

You can not upload your CM 7.2.0-RC0 (sej20120308) please?

Guest sej7278

Have I misunderstood or are you saying those figures, 644 and 722 are for the 3d score only in Antutu?

How?? No other phone is in the same league as that! http://android.modac...benchmark-test/

I wonder... does this suggest that the GPU overclocking in the kernel works on some models (Sej's and saransh9's) but not others (mine)?

nah i think i was looking at scores including cpu, 3d went from 491 to 569 or something, i've not got the phone with me atm.

post-839039-0-86619800-1331236142_thumb. post-839039-0-22343900-1331236159_thumb.

Edited by sej7278

nah i think i was looking at scores including cpu, 3d went from 579 to 644 or something, i've not got the phone with me atm.

sej, would you mind uploading your build?

thx!

Edited by Guest

Guest sej7278

sej, would you mind uploading your build?

thx!

not really no, having internet problems, targetbsp's build has the new adreno libs, my only difference is ics fonts which you can flash from here anyway.

Edited by sej7278

Guest leetron1

not really no, having internet problems, targetbsp's build has the new adreno libs, my only difference is ics fonts which you can flash from here anyway.

Does target's ROM have soft buttons like yours?

wonderful, thank you!

Guest ogy_j

lol! I've been drinking :D 3 or 4. :D

OK, here goes my list of frozen apps which I either don't use or have alternatives of:

Android Live Wallpaper

Books

Calculator

Calendar

Calendar Storage

Car Home

Clock

CM Stats

both tmobile themes

CM Update Notifications

CM Wallpapers

Dev Tools

Downloads

DSP Manager

Email

File manager

FM radio

FOTA Kill

Google Calendar Sync

Google One Time Init

Google Partner Setup

Home Screen Tips

HTML Viewer

Latin Input Method Tutorial

Live Wallpaper Picker

Magic Smoke Wallpaper

Market Apps Installer

Market Updater

Music

Music Visualization Wallpaper

My Uploads

New & Weather

Search

Search Apps Provider

Setup Wizard

SIM Toolkit

Sound Recorder

Talk

Theme Chooser

Themes Provider

Voice Dialler

VPN Services

I use GAPPS package from June (I like the old market) and only other GAPP I add is Maps. Which I have removed all startup events for using Autostarts so it only runs when I tell it to.

I also stop the following from loading on startup. These are apps I use but don't have the need to have loaded all the time:

Rom Manager

Gallery (note this app doesn't work well if its events are disabled! I just use it only very rarely)

Bluetooth Share

My startup process on a clean boot are:

Swype

com.google.process.gapps

dialler

android system

tasker

android.process.acore

adw ex

widgestoid

settings

market

titanium backup

gallery (huh. I guess breaking it by disabling its events is kinda pointless if it finds a way to load anyway. :D )

cerberus

android.process.media

samba filesharing

adaway

superuser

messaging status bar

I typically run 2g with data off and manually switch to 3g and data on when I'm away from wifi and need data.

My tasker profiles that affect power are to airplane it at a set time over night and turn the wifi on and off with the screen.

On Demand CPU Governor overclocked to 729Mhz

and when you are reinstalling rom from a full wipe, you put back the setting one by one?

is there an apps which save data from apps ?

Guest targetbsp

The easiest solution is to not full wipe! I've used CM7 since nightly 1 until now and the the only time I ever full wiped is when I went to gen 2.

Guest ogy_j

sometime i'm updating burstlam to burgerz, or sej ... rom's and my apps are missing.. or something don't work well so i'm doing a full wipe then i set my parameters back...

Guest targetbsp

Under those circumstances, I'd restore a nandroid rather than wipe. I experiment with roms a lot and get by without wiping my 'main' rom. :)

The problem is that the app which does the freezing and the app which does the data backups are one and the same: titanium. So i'd imagine it can't back itself up. It can save its preferences to sd card but that's about it.

Guest popoyaya

A lot of cool developments here lately.

Is there one kang that includes all of these?

New 3D Libs

GPU overclock

CPU UV

Beats Audio

Bravia engine

In-call recording

Edited by popoyaya