[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Matthew Ferguson
I believe that was introduced after RC4. I don't recall having that issue on RC4.

I've had it since RC1. It's not a major issue, but still quite a big one, as I feel it when I type, as occasionally the space bar won't pick up.

Guest dibbles

I have tested the GPS problem by leaving the phone idle for 1 hour after using the GPS. It has not shutdown. Albeit only one test it is looking good.

I generated the dmesg and logcat and then attached them to the bug thread for Tom to check over if he wishes.

If anyone else can do the same it might be helpful for him to ensure the parameters set are good enough for the "fix" to work as needed.

Guest ThrashMan

N38: the phone is still confused as to which data connection to use?

With wifi connected and working, launch Latitude and the GPRS data connection icon re-appears then eventually buggers off.

For some reason I get the feeling there is a lot of sticky tape and string holding parts of this ROM together.....fingers crossed it all comes together one day :)

Guest arvimartin
N38: the phone is still confused as to which data connection to use?

With wifi connected and working, launch Latitude and the GPRS data connection icon re-appears then eventually buggers off.

For some reason I get the feeling there is a lot of sticky tape and string holding parts of this ROM together.....fingers crossed it all comes together one day :)

I would say thats because latitude uses AGPS and it gets its information through mobile data? So it would be totally normal, happens here too on SS.

Guest wookie16081965
Is there any difference in the way that CM7 reports battery usage compared to 2.2 ?

On any of the 2.2 ROMs my phone reports sleep/idle as the highest 2 usages, but with CM7 these are right down the list.

I tried n37 yesterday and [for me] battery life has greatly improved since RC4.

Also, does anyone else notice the mute button does not work when in call ?

Cheers, Nick

usb is connecting automatically but pc refuses to see phone says insert disc cant turn usb off then on

fixed had turn usb debugging off

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest Frankish

What is meant by this comment? Each and every fix is passed through a verification process, none of them are dirty hacks. The rate this rom has moved along is incredible and there are really only small details that affect the day to day use with this rom at all.

Accelerometer is the main bug now. USB tethering is not something that affect most users day to day and there are alternatives. The good far outweighs the bad with this rom, it really annoys me when i see people complaining about the rom. (Not saying your comment is a flat out complaint!)

Please look at the people we have maintaining this rom. Tom G who works full time as far as i am aware and Jacob who is just a kid at the end of the day. He is a student, has just got his first job and surely needs to fit in a social life.

Please all take this into consideration or start donating money to these guys so they can work part time and earn off the rom :)

Guest skull_fcuk

I'm on RC4, and i've got USB and Wifi tethering. I get the GPS shutdowns, but not really affecting my useage. Let's take a moment of respectful silence in honour of the efforts of the Cyanogen Mod crew. You guys are heroes!

Guest Frankish
I'm on RC4, and i've got USB and Wifi tethering. I get the GPS shutdowns, but not really affecting my useage. Let's take a moment of respectful silence in honour of the efforts of the Cyanogen Mod crew. You guys are heroes!

Obviously USB Tether through an external app though.

Guest wookie16081965
Obviously USB Tether through an external app though.

has anyone found beautiful widget not working and fancy widget doesnt show weather

Guest Frankish
has anyone found beautiful widget not working and fancy widget doesnt show weather

Both work for me. Fancy Widget Pro and Beautiful widgets.

Guest pellonet

This & other 'disappearing' parts is usually the result of the apps being moved to the SD card.

Guest wookie16081965
This & other 'disappearing' parts is usually the result of the apps being moved to the SD card.

ive got apps 2 sd in and it asks me do i want move to sd card so it cant be that fancy widget works but no weather just clock beautiful widget just force closing

Guest Christo0908
ive got apps 2 sd in and it asks me do i want move to sd card so it cant be that fancy widget works but no weather just clock beautiful widget just force closing

I believe widgets can't be used from the SD card, or so I heard on the FLB FroYo ROM etc. Widgets, Live Wallpapers, anything that use the system files to run, apparently doesn't work from SD, don't quote me on this, but it's just from what I saw on my research on A2SD on the Pulse, I imagine the concept is the same on the Blade.

:)

Guest wookie16081965

fancey widget working now changed weather to google got nice sun how long that going to last lol

Guest wookie16081965
I believe widgets can't be used from the SD card, or so I heard on the FLB FroYo ROM etc. Widgets, Live Wallpapers, anything that use the system files to run, apparently doesn't work from SD, don't quote me on this, but it's just from what I saw on my research on A2SD on the Pulse, I imagine the concept is the same on the Blade.

:)

i think it is thats why installed to phone and didnt move it

Guest CaptainSpectacular

I tried N38 on my Gen2 phone, the GPS (google Nav app) shutdown my phone randomly... Don't know if it's ROM fault or mine...

(updated from N37 without DATA wipe)

It's not so important for me anyway. :)

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest wookie16081965
I tried N38 on my Gen2 phone, the GPS shutdown my phone randomly... Don't know if it's ROM fault or mine...

(updated from N37 without DATA wipe)

ive tried it i did full wipe as was coming from ssb no reboots does anyone know how to get htc keyboard like in swedish spring please fixed downloaded jonasl's HTC_IME v27 repacked for the Blade.

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest Northern-Loop

Installed N38 hoping for the GPS Fix.

Is there any any when restoring apps via titanium backup not having to click install on everyone?

Guest Frankish

Is there any any when restoring apps via titanium backup not having to click install on everyone?

Yes pay for donate version. It's fast and automatic. Totally worth it.

Guest The Soup Thief

Yes - pay for the premium version

The free version requires you to keep clicking as apps are reinstalled, which is a bit of a pain. The paid version is loads more stable too, and quicker it is claimed (can't be certain myself). TBH though I have the paid version I don't tend to use it much these days as Android Market seems to be getting much better at replacing previously installed apps automagically