[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest lohikko

Is anyone else having the following problem? :

I have a very annoying issue with the keyboard (not sure if its because of the keyboard itself or something related to it). I use Whatsapp very often (maybe every 10-15 minutes I turn on the screen to check if I have new messages and answer), and what happens to me is that, most of times, when I'm typing, it's like there's a delay between the moment I touch the "key" and the time the phone "notices" the action. I mean, the cell stays hanged, and then, after maybe (depending on how long is the sentence I wrote) 5, 10, or even 20 secs it writes it down. That's really awful.

So, do you think it's a keyboard issue, something else not working properly? What should I try to do?

PD: Just in case, I've been noticing that issue in several CM7 builds I've been testing lately. Now I have installed the one posted by kingpair in this post.

Edited by lohikko

Guest kingpair

Is anyone else having the following problem? :

I have a very annoying issue with the keyboard (not sure if its because of the keyboard itself or something related to it). I use Whatsapp very often (maybe every 10-15 minutes I turn on the screen to check if I have new messages and answer), and what happens to me is that, most of times, when I'm typing, it's like there's a delay between the moment I touch the "key" and the time the phone "notices" the action. I mean, the cell stays hanged, and then, after maybe (depending on how long is the sentence I wrote) 5, 10, or even 20 secs it writes it down. That's really awful.

So, do you think it's a keyboard issue, something else not working properly? What should I try to do?

PD: Just in case, I've been noticing that issue in several CM7 builds I've been testing lately. Now I have installed the one posted by kingpair in this post.

I'm on that build now (with the old kernel) and typing is super smooth. I'm using smart keyboard pro (no lag with the stock keyboard either). Turn off haptic feedback, keyboard sounds and worst comes to worst, autocorrect. Or try another keyboard from the market. If that doesnt work try a full wipe and clean install.

Guest Cata_Simi

I know maybe here is not the place to write this but my ear speaker on my Phone is somehow broken, it makes a metalic very distorted sound, the voice becomes undistinguishable, right now is not usable as a phone, I saw that is a common problem since many people encountered it, some advice told that the speaker's membrane is deformed and should try to create a gentle vacuum with the mouth, I've tried that, even with a vacuum cleaner doesn't seem to work (but miraculously worked for a few seconds when I've tried with the mouth), my phone is in waranty so that's not much i could do, but any ideea is apreciated considering that it could spare me to go to service and have no phone for two weeks, and maybe they will reject my phone cause it's rooted (i dont know) or they will change it, things like that .

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest k.d.11

GUYS! Squadzone Cyanmobile initial A HAS or Atleast claims to have a

2.6.36.10 KERNEL!

Though in the about section its 3. something in the changelog after installing the rom its written 2.6.36.10 it runs really fast games that used to lag on ANY ROM before dont for me i mean 2d havent tried 3d yet but its crazy! howd he do it? It is something big right?

Edited by k.d.11

2.6.36.10 KERNEL!

Though in the about section its 3. something in the changelog after installing the rom its written 2.6.36.10 it runs really fast games that used to lag on ANY ROM before dont for me i mean 2d havent tried 3d yet but its crazy! howd he do it? It is something big right?

The kernel version of that rom blink.gif

screenshot-1333545895843.png

blink.gifblink.gif

Guest Amphoras

2.6.36.10 KERNEL!

Ask him for the source and you can see how he did it.

Guest Sulthekk

I have tried that kernel on sejs latest build, but phone just doesn't sleep. Also it has been compiled on 1st of April, so maybe it's just a renamed .35 based on the new blade source... Although on his github can be seen that he started to port kernel 3.0.8 from aries, but still there are no blade specific commits.

tilal, I have extracted the kernel, as it's faster to download than a full rom if you wanna a have a look at it, but I don't think it's really 3.X

http://db.tt/khe3XJb7

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest tilal6991

Can anyone running that kernel tell me what you get when you type ls -l /dev into terminal emulator. That will confirm whether it is real or not.

Guest Sulthekk

Can anyone running that kernel tell me what you get when you type ls -l /dev into terminal emulator. That will confirm whether it is real or not.

Okay, will reflash it. Theres the zip in my my earlier post anyway if anybody else wants to have a look at it.

Guest Sulthekk

Thanks.

Holy flip it looks like its real!!!

Where do you know that? Is there anything new under /dev in 3.X? Sorry for asking this but I still run .36 on my computer...

Guest tilal6991

Where do you know that? Is there anything new under /dev in 3.X? Sorry for asking this but I still run .36 on my computer...

/dev/kgsl-3d0 is new. That wouldn't have been found on a 2.6.35 kernel unless specifically back ported. And I don't see why squad zone would do that.