[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

I've tried several games now and seen no particular difference from a more stock CM7 with the new libs. But I'm not a fan of those gameloft games everyone seems to like so I can't report on any of those.

Edited by targetbsp

for some reason the reception bars on my phone arent turning blue anymore (im using an ICS theme). Does this mean its not syncing with Google services? If so has anyone had this trouble before on 7.2 RC1?

Guest Cata_Simi

I've tried several games now and seen no particular difference from a more stock CM7 with the new libs. But I'm not a fan of those gameloft games everyone seems to like so I can't report on any of those.

I can confirm that, i didn't tested any of gameloft games too, though the UI feels a little smooth but nothing significant and the battery holds up good so far

Guest targetbsp

That is the version it says in about phone. :)

It doesn't appear to be responsible for any gaming performance boost though in my eyes - that appears to be the new adreno libs.

If the kernel is what it says it is though then hopefully it helps out the ICS devs. :)

Guest Davidoff59

I was more pointing out the developer response to it being spotted. Yes, fingers crossed that it helps.

'nothing to say, but UPDATE xD'

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest TigTex

Something is not ok... 3.0.2.3 isn't a valid kernel version.

The kernel versions are 2.4.x.y, 2.6.x.y or 3.x.y when X it's the major version number and Y the minor bugfix version. 3.0.2.3 has one extra number...

And unless there is a 3.0 kernel made by zte, it is almost impossible to have a working kernel... in my opinion: it's fake/renamed...

Edited by TigTex

Guest ufizo

I had been using ColdFusionX ICS since sometime now, but flashed CyanMobile today in morning, and my gosh it feels like my blade is on steroids! :lol: ,... Very fast and powerful, and so many more options to configure!

Kernel 3.0 or not, but this ROM is amazing. Props to the developer and the CM team! :rolleyes:

Guest sej7278

Something is not ok... 3.0.2.3 isn't a valid kernel version.

The kernel versions are 2.4.x.y, 2.6.x.y or 3.x.y when X it's the major version number and Y the minor bugfix version. 3.0.2.3 has one extra number...

And unless there is a 3.0 kernel made by zte, it is almost impossible to have a working kernel... in my opinion: it's fake/renamed...

there's a 3.0.23 without the extra dot, but it definitely says 3.0.2.3 in the defconfig, so there's some renaming going on.

without zte compiling exactly the same kernel version and releasing it, there's no way to get the proprietary kernel mods (like wifi/radio drivers) to work unless he's got the sourcecode to those too, in which case does he work for zte/qualcomm?

i just don't know how he would have gotten it to work if it was just renamed, as the kmods have to match that kernel magic, like our current kernel modules have to match the "2.6.35.7-perf" string that zte gave it.

Guest targetbsp

It scores well on SD card performance which helps its AnTuTu scores. The rest of its scores, its general use and gaming seem similar to a recent well configured CM7 with the new libs. It also uses slightly less memory than CM7 for me with the same configuration and as mentioned has tons of options. I think it may just be a case that its nicely configured out of the box rather than it bringing anything that will drastically increase performance beyond what you can get out of a typical CM7 KANG?

I can't get the light sensor to work in it. :(

Edited by targetbsp

Guest saransh9

there's a 3.0.23 without the extra dot, but it definitely says 3.0.2.3 in the defconfig, so there's some renaming going on.

without zte compiling exactly the same kernel version and releasing it, there's no way to get the proprietary kernel mods (like wifi/radio drivers) to work unless he's got the sourcecode to those too, in which case does he work for zte/qualcomm?

i just don't know how he would have gotten it to work if it was just renamed, as the kmods have to match that kernel magic, like our current kernel modules have to match the "2.6.35.7-perf" string that zte gave it.

zte indonesia donated him that blade thats pretty amazing i think he might be knowing someone there or might be very very famous in his country for his work.

and his blade seems different too see the screenshot he got 465mb free ram and overclocked to 825mhz.:blink:

he got a super blade :P:P

Edited by saransh9

It scores well on SD card performance which helps its AnTuTu scores. The rest of its scores, its general use and gaming seem similar to a recent well configured CM7 with the new libs. It also uses slightly less memory than CM7 for me with the same configuration and as mentioned has tons of options. I think it may just be a case that its nicely configured out of the box rather than it bringing anything that will drastically increase performance beyond what you can get out of a typical CM7 KANG?

I can't get the light sensor to work in it. :(

Install the first update:

First update for CyanMobile initial A Download Link

">>>>>>>>> http://www.mediafire.com/?dh75lq9l6ix66w2 <<<<<<<<"

FLASH VIA CWM<br style=color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(251, 248, 244); ">

• Fix honeycomb lockscreen while screen in horizontal mode
  • add option to hide signal and data icon
  • Fix Bluetooth intents
  • Enable again Software light sensor management
  • PLAY MORE WITH ROM

and his blade seems different too see the screenshot he got 465mb free ram and overclocked to 825mhz.:blink:

he got a super blade :P:P

That more ram is from Swap...

screenshot-1333624928441.png

And yeah his Rom Overclocks VERY well.. blink.gif

My Blade could only go till 768 Mhz without freezing but on his ROM I went till 806 Mhz without freezing :|

Edited by ZTR

Guest targetbsp

Install the first update:

Thanks. I'm back to a stock CM7 now anyway but glad to know it wasn't me anyway. :D

I might be back to it yet. I'm just testing something in a clean wiped CM7

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278

zte indonesia donated him that blade thats pretty amazing i think he might be knowing someone there or might be very very famous in his country for his work.

can anyone confirm from /proc/cpuinfo i guess that its actually running at that speed, and not just saying that in the settings app?

i think its quite likely he's a contractor for zte, here seems to be why he got given a blade

Edited by sej7278

Guest Majkl007

I had been using ColdFusionX ICS since sometime now, but flashed CyanMobile today in morning, and my gosh it feels like my blade is on steroids! :lol: ,... Very fast and powerful, and so many more options to configure!

Kernel 3.0 or not, but this ROM is amazing. Props to the developer and the CM team! :rolleyes:

I can only tell the same as you. Somebody gives some new drug to my Blade :-) very fast, +240points in Antutu. I have never seen anything so fast for Blade...

Guest targetbsp

can anyone confirm from /proc/cpuinfo i guess that its actually running at that speed, and not just saying that in the settings app?

Its antutu cpu performance matched stock CM7 with an equivalent overclock so I assume it was working. But I'll try and check that out later if I find reason to put the rom on again.

I can only tell the same as you. Somebody gives some new drug to my Blade :-) very fast, +240points in Antutu. I have never seen anything so fast for Blade...

That mostly comes from the new adreno libs: http://android.modaco.com/topic/352262-improve-3d-performance/page__hl__adreno

And some nice SD card tweaks

Edited by targetbsp

i think its quite likely he's a contractor for zte, here seems to be why he got given a blade

am I missing something cos i'm not seeing anything about the blade in the link you posted :huh:

Guest sej7278

am I missing something cos i'm not seeing anything about the blade in the link you posted :huh:

its an indonesian blog describing how he has already done a lot of work with samsung phones (2.6.35 kernel) and his github looks like he's porting that work to the blade.

Guest MidaMilunk

I had been using ColdFusionX for a while as well, it was not bad, but the current CM7 versions are much better indeed.

Must try this version as well!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest targetbsp

It seems to score well consistently whereas CM7 is a bit quirkier about the conditions being ideal for it to put in a good score. Whether this translates to better real world results, I don't know.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

My gut feeling at this stage is it is probably the best CM7 I've tried, but not by as wide a margin as some are suggesting as they appear to be coming from versions or configurations that are sub-optimal.

On the one hand, you could argue that it being so well configured out the box makes it the best choice for non power users. On the other hand, it is a rom with a ton of options that said users won't need and all of them shiny new features where bugs may lie so...

And it's a bit of a pain that it needs a wipe to install over an existing CM7 unlike most offshoots of CM7. But since I've now already done that, I think I might well run it for a while!

Guest Chris Banks

I tried this cyanMobile ROM around a month ago, but found the status bar lagged, not by much, half a second or so, but it was enough to put me off.

Can anyone using it confirm or deny that this is still so? Thanks.