[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Sej's 06Feb rom is the best one I tried recently. I don't recomend test rom mentioned above because of Home button issue

Sej's rom just working for me.

You might like to try his new rom:

Guest Grejo

Sej's 06Apr (not Feb) rom is the best one I tried recently.

Works fine :rolleyes:

Antutu benchmark (governor ondemand):

-cpu freq 604 MHz : 1388

-cpu freq 710 MHz : 1500

Guest daaneel

Testing Sej's build too, wonder if it's got battery life comparable to Swedish Snow...

I know GingerSF and MoldovanMHMP did have a superior battery life to the CM7 builds at that time.

I love the added tweaks in CM though, Sej's build runs much smoother than what I remember too!

If the battery life is good too, I think I'll be using this in stead of Swedish Snow :)

Guest Pierreism

TomG has asked for more feedback on that test rom if anyone is trying it or is able to do so.

If anyone has tried it and can confirm they previously had sleep issues with wifi on in CM7.2 RC1 and now doesn't in the test rom I can pass on any comment if you don't have an account (if you need one??) and post your views here.

I haven't had any problems with his test build so far. I don't know about his supposed Home button issue, mine works just fine! There's basically no noticeable change in speed from earlier CM7 builds though so upgrading doesn't seem that important to me.

It does have Gingerbread's Droid Sans font as default though as opposed to ICS's Roboto.

I'll try Sej's build now.

Guest Lanznaster

still on the last burgerz build as the battery life for me has been, and still is, outstanding

Atm for me no rom can beat burgerz rom about battery life...I'm using the 03 april one.

Guest kjacek

Interesting, all BurgerZ roms, especialy recently ones, dreins my battery like hell :-).

Sej's rom not, it is amazing stable, keeps battery very well.

Guest sm4tik

I confirm! Am getting these weird errors - and this is a biggie - am on Arch 64bit, it was on gcc 4.7 (which got upgraded by Arch about < 3 weeks ago... but meh... have lost track of what's changed in there since then), recently got some cyclic dependency on the libs/multilibs when doing pacman upgrade a while ago, and am googling ever since - it compiles fine on 32bit so its related definitely to that multilib/gcc/lib32 thing... no idea why, am questioning if the multilibs is broken or lib32-* is broken or even worse - gcc 4.7 is using strict compiler mode for C-0x11 switched on... no idea :(

Sorry for a somewhat late reply. I found patches for webkit, srec and framework from bashlnx's github. Webkit's patch is in "patch-1" branch, others are in gingerbread. Been building with those and have had no issues, though for an untrained eye like mine, the webkit patch will break building on gcc < 4.6.

edit: using Arch64 also.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest leripe

Damn im so confused in this BIG thread(have been reading like the last 20pages or more) and with all the cm7 builds.

Could someone like point out IF there's a build(unofficial/kang) which has the new 7.2rc1 smoothness and other stuff, and doesn't have these: battery drain, wifi, nosleep problems? Im currently on 7.1 stable.

Guest hankhandsome

Atm for me no rom can beat burgerz rom about battery life...I'm using the 03 april one.

same here .. and same battery results as well

Guest targetbsp

but my blade never sleep if the wifi on I tried it and the screen can switch on with any button if wifi on (screen off than wait 5, 10, seconds)

You have tried waiting longer than that right? Like a minute or 2 ideally. Cause 10 seconds isn't always long enough for it to sleep.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest eszleny

You have tried waiting longer than that right? Like a minute or 2 ideally. Cause 10 seconds isn't always long enough for it to sleep.

I mean minutes not seconds sorry:) but Sulthekk linked an older (squadzone) kernel on a hungarian forum and it solved the problem. I still cant understand why it doesent sleep with the newer kernel.

Guest leripe

I use this: http://android.modac...05#entry1929905

All the features that were added to the new kernel patched, patched into the old kernel/wifi and so no sleep issues.

I'm on update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-blade-KANG-sej20120319-signed from sej, with http://blade.windows...-old-kernel.zip from targetbsp.

best CM7 I've had in a big while. with scrolling cahce disabled and ondemand + no overclock I get awesome battery life with average usage and good performance.

thanks testing now.

edit: works nicely!

Edited by leripe

Guest mobile579

best CM7 I've had in a big while. with scrolling cahce disabled and ondemand + no overclock I get awesome battery life with average usage and good performance.

Why scrolling cache off? Where is this option? Thanks.

Guest emc02

Someone has to be able to break 2000 with this rom (if they haven't already)

which SD Card to you use in your blade?! seems to be very fast!

Edited by emc02

Guest targetbsp

This: http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/21373670/Samsung-16GB-Essential-Micro-SD-Memory-Card-Class-6/Product.html

Though now you'd be nuts not to get the Class 10 version for less than a quid more!

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/21373672/Samsung-16GB-Plus-Micro-SD-Memory-Card-Class-10/Product.html

Note that it performs nowhere near spec speeds in stock CM7. It's specifically changes in CyanMobile that seems to unleash its power as it were. And not the read ahead cache because I've tried changing that.