[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Well 257 was about 6 months ago so errm.. everything. :D

Since the last nightly (when it was available), click the CM7 Blade changelog in my signature and everything dated since it so the 21st April onwards. Quite a few changes but nothing especially notable.

The build does also include those 15% faster GPU libs which aren't in the stock CM7, other than that, it's stock CM7 as per the changelog.

Guest targetbsp

It seems to be a case of your mileage may vary. I'm currently using the CM one simply cause I don't have wifi on whilst the phone sleeps. If I did, I'd use Sej's. But some others prefer the CM kernel even for that usage. So you'll have to try both really and see which is best for you I'm afraid.

Guest shmizan

you can restore nandroid but it will only work if the new partition sizes can fit the backup you're making

just do the math before TPTing and see what gives

Guest oldfella

I have reparticioned the SD card.

Have formated to. But if i install the S2E have the bug.

On the CWM can't mount the ext-sd partition...

did you format using CWM?if you did all I can say is it works for me

Guest samjam

The new kernel/wifi uses more battery in sleep mode with wifi on than the old kernel/wifi. Sej's kernel is the old kernel/wifi - but with all of the tweaks added to the new kernel, added to it.

If you're a gamer, you'd also want the new Adreno libs if you're going to use the nightly: http://blade.windows...ew-egl-libs.zip

TargetBSP - this is great. I'm using your May 7th build.

Before that, the 7.2-RC0 was fine but the 7.2-RC1 would get piping hot in my belt-holster and the batter would last only about 10 hours unless I turn off wifi and mobile data.

With your build the phone is not getting hot when sleeping and I hope perhaps good battery life again. I installed the lower-power kernel + wifi and the new fonts.

thanks for packaging that up!

[24 hours later]

yup -battery life has done great today - so thanks for packaging that!

Edited by samjam

Guest julianpaul

Well 257 was about 6 months ago so errm.. everything. :D

Since the last nightly (when it was available), click the CM7 Blade changelog in my signature and everything dated since it so the 21st April onwards. Quite a few changes but nothing especially notable.

The build does also include those 15% faster GPU libs which aren't in the stock CM7, other than that, it's stock CM7 as per the changelog.

Very nice build! thanks so much.

I tried running the xperia arc transparent theme along with the cosmic flow live wallpaper from the xperia s and it's pretty good. maybe not butter smooth (it's a very demanding setup) but good enough for me! Maybe some tweaks could smoothen it further, haven't had much time to experiment.

I don't use it myself, but a friend asked - how would i go about adding the soft buttons feature to your build or any cm7 build for that matter?

Guest targetbsp

I'm still using gingerbread and continue to compile new builds and put them on my website. There just hasn't been anything interesting in those builds to bring to your attention.

I keep playing with ICS but it is actually the first Android version where I don't especially see any advantage over our current 'stable' roms to warrant putting up with the early teething problems of it. Except for that awesome font! But I install that in GB anyway. :)

Guest Cata_Simi

I tested Coldfusion X build from 9th may, tilal's work is great but the disanvantages from my point are:

-youtube laggy

-camera preview choppy and picture quality worse than gb

-lack of FM RADIO app

-battery life (aproximatively 30% shorter)

-Is smoother than gb at some points but overall is not, (app starting time, making a phone call, searching a contact or sth in google search, message app, or any app start time from drawer is slower and a bit laggy)

I'm sure that this list will get shorter over time, though is an extraordinary thing that whe can have it, and the progress in this short time is amayzing, it can be used as a daily ROM flawlessly

about the advantages, when I use it, I feel like my phone has got class,is stylish and elegant, like someone said "is like I bought a new phone"

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest forbidden8

Ginger is cool, but the battery life with CM9 AOKP is much more better than every CM7 rom that i'm try it so far.I try CM7 with old kernel, new libs, and many other combinations and maneuvers, and when use 3G... fast death.AOKP 5.8.2 battery is the best.Personal opinion.

Edited by forbidden8

Guest hankhandsome

with an almost fully working ICS why wouldn't they?

one of the most fundamental parts of my day to day usage of my phone is the ability to skip the music tracks with the volume keys on the lock screen. this feature doesn't work in ICS so that's why I'm still using CM7.

well i say it 'doesn't' work - when i flash an ICS rom, it starts off working initially then just gives up and completely stops working alltogether

one of the most fundamental parts of my day to day usage of my phone is the ability to skip the music tracks with the volume keys on the lock screen. this feature doesn't work in ICS so that's why I'm still using CM7.

well i say it 'doesn't' work - when i flash an ICS rom, it starts off working initially then just gives up and completely stops working alltogether

It Works like a charm here and I am on 07/04 Build which I have been using for a month now....

Guest hankhandsome

It Works like a charm here and I am on 07/04 Build which I have been using for a month now....

that annoys me :)

what music player are you using ?. i honestly can't work out why it gives up. i don't restore any system data or anything like that so there can't be any conflicts.

Guest ufizo

that annoys me :)

what music player are you using ?. i honestly can't work out why it gives up. i don't restore any system data or anything like that so there can't be any conflicts.

Works for me too... the standard CM9 music app. (not on AOKP, mind you)

Guest hankhandsome

see i use winamp so i guess it's entirely feasible there's a conflict ..

i'll have to try poweramp - i bought the full paid version a while back but I found winamp was slightly less clutter-free and easier to use.

*edit*

also, out of interest, what launchers are you using ?

Edited by hankhandsome

see i use winamp so i guess it's entirely feasible there's a conflict ..

i'll have to try poweramp - i bought the full paid version a while back but I found winamp was slightly less clutter-free and easier to use.

*edit*

also, out of interest, what launchers are you using ?

Using the standard CM9 music player which came with it

And I am using Apex Launcher :)

And the volume buttons work with PowerAMP too ;)

Edited by ZTR

Guest Majkl007

Hi guys, this is CM7 post, isn't it better to discus your problem about CM9 in the right thread because of people, who can have the same problem in CM9? I'm reading both threads, so for me it is one and the same :-)

Guest hankhandsome

Using the standard CM9 music player which came with it

And I am using Apex Launcher :)

And the volume buttons work with PowerAMP too ;)

Well this will be my last off-topic post, i promise, but I tried poweramp and it refused to work so i went with the stock CM9 music player and it's working fine so far so that's all good.

Guest kjacek

Could anybody compare CM7 and CM9 ;-).

BTW it looks like CM7 from the beginning of this year keeps battery longer than latest builds (even with Sej's kernel).

I mean Sej's CM7 (my favourite with soft buttons), offical nightly, kangs from Targetbsp and Burgerz roms.