[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I don't think anyone has submitted the new libs to them yet. They might not even know they exist.

If someone could submit them i'd be very grateful, i don't know how to.

I installed 7.2 RC0 a while back but the battery life is awful, waiting for official 7.2 final and hoping all the bugs will be fixed in it.

Guest axebarauna

What's difference between burgerz's 13 April build and targetbsp's build? Which one is better? I can't find any good changelog. Now I'm using burgerz's build, but sometimes my phone freeze and reboot after enabling 3g, so I think about try targetbsp cm7

Guest targetbsp

My version is pretty much equivalent to the nightlies but with the faster adreno libs for gamers. Other builds tend to have various other changes (I dunon what those changes are specifically) so it mostly comes down to how vanilla a rom you want.

Guest targetbsp

For some people (including me) it has better battery life than the new kernel if you leave the wifi on whilst the phone sleeps. Others say the opposite. I don't actually leave my wifi on whilst it sleeps so it's not that relevant to me.

Basically if you have wifi on 24/7 you'll pretty much need to try both and see which is best for you. If you don't leave the wifi on then you probably may as well just use the included official CM7 kernel.

Guest targetbsp

if you hit the changelog in my signature then basically everything dated after my build date (which was the 18th). I don't think there's anything new that's especially interesting is there?

Guest jeddy1

if you hit the changelog in my signature then basically everything dated after my build date (which was the 18th). I don't think there's anything new that's especially interesting is there?

no nothing interesting

thanks

btw i PM'd u

Guest targetbsp

I wouldn't say completely but CM9 is looking good to me right now. Previously something has always annoyed me enough to return to CM7 within 24 hours. But I've been running it happily for 5 days now and have even paid for an ICS launcher!

And now it's annoyed me once to often and I'm back to CM7 again. :P

Guest jeddy1

And now it's annoyed me once to often and I'm back to CM7 again. :P

haha thats funny :D

i am thinking to go back to GB also but i dont know which rom to choose :D

suggestions as i have long time to go back to 2.3.x :D

Guest shmizan

going back to GB? I don't think I will ever go back now. what made you do it, targetbsp?

I haven't had a single reboot, every app I had working in 2.3 works now, and besides some nice tweaking options removed in CM9 I don't feel there's anything missing..

Guest targetbsp

There's something screwed up with the adreno drivers when the phone has been in use for a while and the free memory is lower. I mostly use the phone for gaming when I'm not tweaking the heck out of it so this is a big thing for me! After having loaded and left a couple of games it'll reach a point where bits of games are drawing in white and I have to reboot. Also, I can't free up enough ram to even make Plants vs Zombies work full stop. I've managed to get about 220mb free after a boot which I personally consider a minor miracle for ICS. :D But I still can't get PvZ to load up all its graphics.

Other issues I have with it or notification led's don't seem to work following a reboot (and as I've highlighted above, I have to reboot a lot) until you've plugged the phone into a charger.

A minor annoyance is the phone won't sleep after disabling airplane mode but I can work around that by not using airplane mode obviously.

The main pro for ICS for me is the ICS launcher based launchers don't lag and make the phone unusable whilst it's finding apps installed to the SD card following a reboot. I wonder if I can resolve this in GB by trying other launchers. or perhaps Apps2Ext?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest shmizan

yeah okay, I'm convinced.. :) I have exactly 3 games: backgammon, pes 2011 and shoot bubble deluxe. all three working fine.

I don't think I'd be running too many games even if the blade could handle them. I don't get why Trebuchet's development stopped. so many more settings should be there and they aren't. that's a drawback for me.

Guest targetbsp

I bought Nova for ICS. It's very nice. Apex is more popular but I preferred Nova for my needs of multiple customisable app drawer tabs.

There's a load of wallpapers built into Trebuchet for some reason. That's why it's so damned large. I ended up deleting them. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest marek989
There's something screwed up with the adreno drivers when the phone has been in use for a while and the free memory is lower. I mostly use the phone for gaming when I'm not tweaking the heck out of it so this is a big thing for me! After having loaded and left a couple of games it'll reach a point where bits of games are drawing in white and I have to reboot. Also, I can't free up enough ram to even make Plants vs Zombies work full stop. I've managed to get about 220mb free after a boot which I personally consider a minor miracle for ICS. :D But I still can't get PvZ to load up all its graphics.

Other issues I have with it or notification led's don't seem to work following a reboot (and as I've highlighted above, I have to reboot a lot) until you've plugged the phone into a charger.

A minor annoyance is the phone won't sleep after disabling airplane mode but I can work around that by not using airplane mode obviously.

The main pro for ICS for me is the ICS launcher based launchers don't lag and make the phone unusable whilst it's finding apps installed to the SD card following a reboot. I wonder if I can resolve this in GB by trying other launchers. or perhaps Apps2Ext?

Nothing lags on ICS because it uses GPU for UI. Not CPU like gingerbread.

Guest targetbsp

Lag was the wrong word. Freeze for literally a couple of minutes due to the number of apps I have on the sd card would be more accurate. :D

Guest targetbsp

First one, I forgot to delete the file that would give the correct build date (it was definitely built today - well, yesterday now)

Second one - I have no idea! I tried deleting /out a few days ago which was sufficient to correct the name last time my file name was outdated but it seemed to have no effect this time.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest kjacek

targetbsp, glad to hear you return back to CM7, and thank you for new build ;-).

Speaking about a2sd, is anybody here who can explain in practice differences between s2e and a2sd?

S2e was mostly recommended in many places as the best tool and I use it now.

But recently I read that a2sd is better. Now I haven't time to reinstall all stuff and checking it myself but such comparison can be interesting.

Guest Akash P

Speaking about a2sd, is anybody here who can explain in practice differences between s2e and a2sd?

S2e is better than darktremor a2sd because it has scripts inbuilt and is easy to use with an easy UI. One benefit of using s2e over Darktremor A2SD Script is that this app is completely graphical user interface based as a result anyone can use it without even knowing the commands and using terminal emulator. But, don't forget Darktremor has got APP2SDGUI for that coverage.

Edited by Akash P

Guest C3C0

Does blade also have magnetometer (compass) problem that affects google sky/maps and some

other compass related applications? (flipped north with east, etc.)

Or has it been fixed?

Guest sej7278

Does blade also have magnetometer (compass) problem that affects google sky/maps and some

other compass related applications? (flipped north with east, etc.)

Or has it been fixed?

not sure about compass, but as the screen is upside down there's a few apps that don't work well (or need reconfiguring) like satellitefinder

Guest archish

Don't remember where I downloaded it (probably I found it on this forum, dozens pages before). Originally file was called sofbuttons-tablets_patch.zip.

Download both files and unpack them by WinRar.

SB Patch can be applied the same way as rom. Go to recovery, select SB Patch zip and apply it to the phone.

I use following order during the rom upgrade:

1. new rom

2. cm7 sej's kernel

3. ICS-FontPack-Roboto_E2

4. gapps-gb-20110828d-signed.zip

5. sofbuttons-tablets_patch.zip

All files beside soft button patch can be found on Targetbsp site http://blade.windows98.co.uk/

That all.

The soft button doesnt work for me on any release, it keeps boot looping. does it work for you?