[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest kjacek

The soft button doesnt work for me on any release, it keeps boot looping. does it work for you?

I use SBPatch with last Targetbsp build. Later I used SBPatch with his previous builds as well as with nightly versions.

I have new ZTE Blade with 5MB camera (RedBull Mobile - RBM One). I don't know if it is important.

In the past I read post about such behaviour. The sollution was simple: flash rom, reboot, wait c.a. 5min to stabilize system then check if all working properly. After that flash SBPatch.

Sometimes I use such approach too.

---------

But there is something strange in CM7 booting part. I noticed (at least on my phone) that sometimes phone keeps boot looping (it is independent of SBPatch).

I supposed that problem is related to sd-ext and s2e. Besides I never encountered it if I have only few applications installed and encountered it often if I have lot of applications installed (200-300). I suppose that problem is related to earlier versions of s2e, with most recent s2e I never had boot looping.

In case of boot looping the best sollution is cleaning all from recovery, flash rom again and installing all applications again.

But sometimes I'm lazy or haven't time. Then I try to use following trics:

1. after reboot I try to wait 5 min to stabilize system (in this period of time I touch screen sometimes to avoid sleep; when message about canceling process appears I always press "wait" button). Usually it helps.

2. if problems persist, I try to flash again with clearing partition cache and dalvik cache (in fact I alvays clear both caches before flashing new rom). Then goto 1.

3. if problems still persist,don't waist time and clear all using folloving procedure:

a. wipe data/factory reset

b. wipe cache partition

c. mounts and storage\format boot

d. mounts and storage\formatsd-ext

e. advanced\wipe dalvik cache

d. flash rom and reboot

Edit: choosind "wipe data/factory reset" do also things from points b, d, e.

Edited by kjacek

Guest shmizan

a. wipe data/factory reset

b. wipe cache partition

c. mounts and storage\format boot

d. mounts and storage\formatsd-ext

e. advanced\wipe dalvik cache

d. flash rom and reboot

choosing "wipe data/factory reset" does everything you listed (apart from boot which gets written with a new rom anyway)

Guest kjacek

choosing "wipe data/factory reset" does everything you listed (apart from boot which gets written with a new rom anyway)

True, I forgot about it ;-). I'll edit my post to fix it.

Guest targetbsp

Can someone give me a link to a vanilla cm7 build without the ICS animations,they are giving me a hard time..

The ICS animations have been built into CM7 for a long time. if you want a build without them then what you want is an old build.

Guest kahush

The ICS animations have been built into CM7 for a long time. if you want a build without them then what you want is an old build.

The why does my phone sometimes restart randomly and when on certain instances browsing using opera mini 7?

Guest Sulthekk

The why does my phone sometimes restart randomly and when on certain instances browsing using opera mini 7?

That has nothint to do with the animations. You probably OC too much, running an UV kernel, or your SD is dieing. Or all of them :D

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest archish

Hi targetbsp, is it possible for you to compile kernel for cm 7.2 based on KonstaT github source? If not any links to guide ad how this can be done in Ubuntu system. Thanks.

Guest targetbsp

guys how to delete Dev Tools? and how can we replace its default launcher from the app folder?

Titanium backup will uninstall or freeze it for you. I've never tried replacing the default launcher so I dunno.

Hi targetbsp, is it possible for you to compile kernel for cm 7.2 based on KonstaT github source? If not any links to guide ad how this can be done in Ubuntu system. Thanks.

I have no clue how you'd go about doing that.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest patricktan

@targetbsp thanks for the reply, but do you know what is its file name on the app folder? cuz i want to delete them before flashing the phone...

want to delete Dev Tools, and trying to replace the default launcher

Btw, what is the changelog of the new nightly build? 20120520

Edited by patricktan

Guest targetbsp

dev tools is development.apk

launcher is adwlauncher.apk

changelog for CM is linked in my signature so just check any changes dated before the file is dated.

Guest archish

For long time I been looking for a kernel with all optimized patches for blade... SS RLS7 was one which had all the stable patches from burstlam and wbaw git hub. So after little fiddling finally I made my first kernel compile :)

Battery life should little better than stock cm7 kernel and minor issues like cpu spy not working in Sejis kernel build should be also fixed. Kernel + Wifi Patches.

Its not thoroughly tested, apply at your own risk :P

make nandroid backup before applying if you need.

http://www.mediafire...r88kr2m1ipbqy6o

MD5: ba4bcb0bc3b4b8d949d6975c6f432cbc

Patch it via CWR

Supports 3mp and 5mp blades.

Based on KonstaT git hub, which is based on burstlam and wbaw git hub.

Kernel features:

-overclock support

-AHB overclock

-undervolted CPU & wifi adapter

-overclocked GPU and AXI bus

-EXT4, TUN, CIFS, etc...

-support for 2-way-call-recording

-governors: minmax, InteractiveX, lagfree, SmartassV2, SavagedZen, conservative, powersave, ondemand, performance

-I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, vr, bfq, cfq, sio

-much more...

Original thanks to KonstaT, burstlam and wbaw....

Edited by archish

Guest archish

Getting excellent battery time. Below time is after two reboots to CWR :D mission accomplished :P

On Stock CM7 kernel the phone used to just sip battery life in hours....

post-973410-1338107475799_thumb.jpg

Edited by archish

Guest targetbsp

Is it the old wifi or the new wifi? I have occasional connectivity issues with the new one personally (as well as higher battery drain during sleep)

Guest targetbsp

The main pro for ICS for me is the ICS launcher based launchers don't lag and make the phone unusable whilst it's finding apps installed to the SD card following a reboot. I wonder if I can resolve this in GB by trying other launchers. or perhaps Apps2Ext?

Huh, using Ext worked. ADW.Ex is MUCH happier with an Ext partition than Apps2SD