[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest wookie16081965
Correct me if I'm wrong but so far the only people on Gen2 with the GPS bug are using the test kernels? There are more advantages to upgrading to Gen2 than there are staying with Gen1 and I fully support any decision regarding future roms being Gen2 only.

No, sadly this will never happen unless ZTE produce a Gingerbread compatible version. The phone parts of CM7 are very different from Froyo so it's not possible without replacing a huge chunk of the rom, which probably won't even work. Use another dialer if you need T9. Go Contacts is a good alternative.

i upgraded to gen 2 and installed nightley 38 had no gps problems just had little problem with a black screen when going into settings restored ss and getting that on reboots so think its a rogue app

Guest hongkongdisney

If I am using the Softbank 003Z, can I use the CM7 nightly rom?

I am afraid that the kernel is different, since ordinary ZTE Blade/Orange SF comes with 3M camera

and Softbank 003Z comes with 5M camera.

Pls help

thx

Guest hecatae
If I am using the Softbank 003Z, can I use the CM7 nightly rom?

I am afraid that the kernel is different, since ordinary ZTE Blade/Orange SF comes with 3M camera

and Softbank 003Z comes with 5M camera.

Pls help

thx

this should be of interest to you, http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n-a-gen2-phone/

the 003Z is known as a gen2 blade on this forum

Guest Pirttila
rooting the device voids the warranty.

Not in Finland, sellers have been told that no change about warranty with custom ROM's(at least Saunalahti).

If you update you Windows, do you lose warranty?

Making CM 7 gen2 only in future makes complete sense. The gen1 user base will cease to grow as new Blades coming on the market in existing and new territories will be gen2. This means that the greater majority of people will be gen2 very soon as the balance tips.

Gen1 people have a route to upgrade whereas gen2 users cannot currently downgrade. Thus, by making it gen2 it means that anyone on any generation phone who wants to tinker with their phone has an upgrade path.

Guest Maringer

It would seem to me that supporting both Gen1 and Gen2 phones would make the most sense as there are a huge number of Gen1 users in comparison to Gen2 users and the upgrade from Gen1 to Gen2 isn't quite as straightforward or tested as would be ideal, especially since there is no way to reverse the process.

Obviously, it's easy for me to point this out as I'm not a CyanogenMod developer so wouldn't have to put the work in supporting two similar but differing devices! :)

Edited by Maringer

Guest hecatae
Not in Finland, sellers have been told that no change about warranty with custom ROM's(at least Saunalahti).

If you update you Windows, do you lose warranty?

no idea, not bought a copy of windows since windows 98

Guest hecatae
It would seem to me that supporting both Gen1 and Gen2 phones would make the most sense as there are a huge number of Gen1 users in comparison to Gen2 users and the upgrade from Gen1 to Gen2 isn't quite as straightforward or tested as would be ideal, especially since there is no way to reverse the process.

Obviously, it's easy for me to point this out as I'm not a CyanogenMod developer so wouldn't have to put the work in supporting two similar but differing devices! :)

what's not straightforward about the process?

Guest jayhix

I have a fresh install of n37 and my bluetooth does not work, in the sense that i cannot transfer files over bluetooth, there is no option to, although there are 2 links to gmail in the oi file manager the second one crashing the app. tried in other apps via send and i just get sent to gmail app.

anyone else?

Guest Amphoras
what's not straightforward about the process?

The main worry I would have about upgrading to Gen 2 is what happens with the warranty if there's a problem with your phone? I assume it would be void, and theres no way to revert back to Gen 1. From what I understand, there are Gen 1 stock roms and recoverys and stuff around, so if you had to return it, you could revert your phone back to the same state as when you got it. If you upgrade and can't do this anymore, it might be a problem for some people.

Guest Poodha
Is there any way to get the ZTE smart dialer on the CM7 stable ROM. Some sort of addon etc ?

Why don't you use another dialer from the market instead, like Dialer one. It works the same way as the ZTE smart dialer with smart dialing, and it's free.

Edited by Poodha

Guest Poodha

On the whole gen 1 vs gen2 and CM not stopping the support from gen 1, I understand that there might be a point when gen 2 phones are more common than gen 1 phones. But at this point it seems that most users still are gen 1 owners. And I for one won't switch my phone from gen 1 to gen 2 unless it's reversible. So I'll jump of the cm7 train when that happens.

Guest MMA87

I've problems with the new CM7 stable mod.

When I install GAPPS, first time when the phone boot, i choose what apps i want to install then --> market.installer.pacman force close.

Anyone experienced tha same problem?

I used CW 3.0.1.4 & 3.0.2.4

Thanks for any suggestions!

Guest samjam
Why don't you use another dialer from the market instead, like Dialer one. It works the same way as the ZTE smart dialer with smart dialing, and it's free.

Dialler one requires internet access these days which many people including me find dodgy. I'm using the pre-internet-access dialler one and won't upgrade.

Guest faren

I have installed CM7 n28. I'd like to upgrade to stable version that is just released today. Does it need wipe factory before flash the upgrade one ? thanks.

Guest Efzekawe
I've problems with the new CM7 stable mod.

When I install GAPPS, first time when the phone boot, i choose what apps i want to install then --> market.installer.pacman force close.

Anyone experienced tha same problem?

I used CW 3.0.1.4 & 3.0.2.4

Thanks for any suggestions!

If you use a 128mb partition for your rom, that's where the problem lies. I myself had no trouble with this setup for RC or nightlies, only with stable. The solution is to strip some apps from the zip before installing. For example Rom Manager as it can be installed later from the market or the CM Wallpapers as they take up a lot of space. I shrunk the zip down to 79,2mb and it worked.

Guest JimJam707
This is the last version for gen1 blade?

It's probably going to be the last STABLE version. We'll have a few more Nightlies I think.

Guest Oyorf

Feels kind of stupid if Gen1 phones are no longer supported. As I have waited stable and working version so long, and now when there is only 1 more bug (accelometer), development just stops. Not that I'm paying for CM7 or anything, but still feels kind of bad, as it was so close.

So I hope that future versions can still be installed to gen1 phones somehow, or maybe gen1 phone can be converted to gen2, or then I just need to get rid of the gen1 phone and buy new one.

Guest hecatae
Feels kind of stupid if Gen1 phones are no longer supported. As I have waited stable and working version so long, and now when there is only 1 more bug (accelometer), development just stops. Not that I'm paying for CM7 or anything, but still feels kind of bad, as it was so close.

So I hope that future versions can still be installed to gen1 phones somehow, or maybe gen1 phone can be converted to gen2, or then I just need to get rid of the gen1 phone and buy new one.

gen1 can be converted to gen2, sticky upgrade guide in this forum