[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

CM7 just compiled. Only changes from me are the faster Adreno libs

http://www.mediafire...z5813ttfjvb3mm6

MD5#FF99FE82D3F7E5045570AC0BC79E727D

Thanks for your builds, but can you include a soft button patch? I've tried decompiling framework-res, changing values and compiling again, but got boot-loop :( It's only 2 lines editing and your builds can get one, useful feature (for people who like soft buttons, other can simply don't enable them )...

Guest targetbsp

It's not something I use but if no-one else is making CM7 with it in these days (and I guess most are into CM9 now?) then yeah I'll look into it for the next one.

Guest kjacek

I've tried decompiling framework-res, changing values and compiling again, but got boot-loop

It is something in this. I done similar things on latest targetbsp rom - changed framework-res, removed lot of applications from rom, added hosts file etc then flashed rom.

But I done it wiping only partition cache and dalvik cache. After that all working perfectly.

I read on another forum that there is problem with modified roms with changed framework-res. Then I read gr83 post.

So I decided verify it on my phone.

This time I wiped all possible data (also boot and system partitions).

Next I flashed rom and got boot-loop.

It looks like it is possible to change framework-res and flash rom over existing and working rom,

but if we trying to do similar thing over completly wiped phone there is a problem!

Edit:

test 1. Installed Targetbsp rom - works perfectly.

test 2. Wiped all. Installed Targetbsp rom with changed framework-res to work with SottButtons - got boot-loop.

Edit:

Solution. Wiped all, installed latest targetbsp build, rebooted and waited till all will be working, rebooted and flashed modified rom with changed framework-res, rebooted.

From now it working. I have SoftButton patch. But WTF?

Edited by kjacek

Guest targetbsp

Not had one in a while, but in the past, whenever I've had an unexplained boot loop, a dalvik wipe tends to sort it for me.

Guest shmizan

you can't flash an edited framework-res on a completely clean phone, it will cause bootloops.

either you do it right and build it the way you want it to be, or install target's ROM, let it boot and flash framework-res from a zip

Guest kjacek

you can't flash an edited framework-res on a completely clean phone, it will cause bootloops.

either you do it right and build it the way you want it to be, or install target's ROM, let it boot and flash framework-res from a zip

OK, I do it the second way by flashing modified targetbsp rom containing changed framework-res over unmodified targetbsp rom.

But why I can't decompile, change and build framework-res (all by apktool), then add it to the rom and flash it to a completely clean phone? WHY?

And what do you mean 'either you do it right and build it the way you want it to be'? I supposed I done it properly by apktool...

Edited by kjacek

ICS is not good enough for daily use. I eagarly wait for JB to satisfy my requirements.

Who said that?

ICS is nearly 100% perfect ATM and it just getting better!

And I am using it as daily driver for the past 1 month or so....

Guest targetbsp

Who said that?

ICS is nearly 100% perfect ATM and it just getting better!

And I am using it as daily driver for the past 1 month or so....

It probably depends on how you use your phone. I think it's borderline unusable to be honest! I keep trying it though. :D

Guest Pelemanne

It probably depends on how you use your phone. I think it's borderline unusable to be honest! I keep trying it though. :D

Thanks to all devs for good work. I agree targetsp that it's maybe a little bit under the borderline to be usable. It's fine but missing some features it should have. It's pity but

derives from a little oldish Blade.

Guest Akash P
Can someone give me CM7 build with soft buttons and good battery life. :unsure:

Soft buttons? That's not going to happen any soon. For the latest stable CM 7.2 download targetbsp's latest compilation. The download link is in his signature.

True but the thing is that once you have gotten used to ICS its really,really hard to go back to GB :D

Guest Clitheroe1

Can someone give me CM7 build with soft buttons and good battery life. :unsure:

I've never had any need for soft buttons but I'm currently using the 1st July nightly and it's probably giving me the best battery life I've even had on my blade.

Guest magillos

How can I fix the issue with google play complying "you must add an account to the device" and exiting every time I try to launch it. I've tried clearing data and reinstalling google play apk and all the gaps but nothing helps. I have gaps from targetbsp.

Guest kjacek

How can I fix the issue with google play complying "you must add an account to the device" and exiting every time I try to launch it. I've tried clearing data and reinstalling google play apk and all the gaps but nothing helps. I have gaps from targetbsp.

Do you have gmail account on your device?

Guest magillos

Do you have gmail account on your device?

Solved. For some reason I didn't have enough space on /system and googleservicesframework wasn't there. I removed some live wallpapers and other stuff, copied it by hand and it's fine now. Weird though. My /system is 128MB and never was too small before.

Guest targetbsp

128mb is a very small system that only the earliest gen 2 tpt's used. We pretty quickly switched to 136 or 138 or something.

The likely cause, considering you used my gapps, is that the latest market version is a fair bit bigger.

I just checked, and even with stock gapps, CM7 needs 132mb and hasn't grown in months. So you have in fact been missing bits of the firmware for a long time with a 128mb system. You need to tpt to a bigger system partition.

Edited by targetbsp