[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest hugobosslives
Not too sure other than browse the theme .apk and extracting the image to set manually. Not sure if extracting the theme changer related files from an older nightly and using them instead would revert the change. Could try that?

so you think i have to download an old nightly, and extract the zip. then extract the theme app and hunt for the image, then flash it across to my sdcard and set it as a background from gallery?

jeez, is there not away i can change the script on the theme chooser app to keep changing the background? or are the background (from this app) not included in the lastest cm7 theme chooser apk?

My phone shuts down couple of times a day. I used to have the GPS-related shutdowns in previous nightlies but now it doesn't seem to be GPS-related. Also, I haven't heard it buzzing before shutting down like the GPS-shutdown did.

CM 7.0.0, OSF TFT

Guest dibbles
My phone shuts down couple of times a day. I used to have the GPS-related shutdowns in previous nightlies but now it doesn't seem to be GPS-related. Also, I haven't heard it buzzing before shutting down like the GPS-shutdown did.

CM 7.0.0, OSF TFT

Agree. This has happened to me once and just this morning it happened to my wife's phone.

Guest Frankish
so you think i have to download an old nightly, and extract the zip. then extract the theme app and hunt for the image, then flash it across to my sdcard and set it as a background from gallery?

jeez, is there not away i can change the script on the theme chooser app to keep changing the background? or are the background (from this app) not included in the lastest cm7 theme chooser apk?

It's really not as much work as you're making out. Like i said. Try removing ThemeManager.apk and ThemeChooser.apk and install the ones from an older nightly. Then the app should set the wallpaper with any theme it comes with. Although i've not tested this yet.

Also i got a shutdown, i was playing a game for ages and then eventually the screen got funny lines and rebooted. Will try going back to stock cpu speeds before i moan though :)

Edited by Frankish

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
It's really not as much work as you're making out. Like i said. Try removing ThemeManager.apk and ThemeChooser.apk and install the ones from an older nightly. Then the app should set the wallpaper with any theme it comes with. Although i've not tested this yet.

Also i got a shutdown, i was playing a game for ages and then eventually the screen got funny lines and rebooted. Will try going back to stock cpu speeds before i moan though :)

In PC circles, that's the classic sign of overheating or corruption. Most definitely an overclock issue. I'm surprised we don't see more like that

Guest Frankish
In PC circles, that's the classic sign of overheating or corruption. Most definitely an overclock issue. I'm surprised we don't see more like that

Yeah that was my initial thought. I'm dropping the speeds if it happens again. I've played tons of games otherwise and had no issue yet but it probably just got too hot.

Guest devilkazuya

My Device : Blade Gen1 OLED UK

I have been using RC4 and its been working brilliantly and i just tried stable.

I did:

wipe data/factory

format system

wipe dalvik

flash CM7 Stable

flash Gapps

The only problem i have is, I use a specific Live Wallpaper (aquarium) and when this LWP is set, every incoming call is just blank black screen. I changed the wallpaper to nexus one that comes with the rom and every incoming call screen is half blank. you can see the whos calling but the sliding bars are not there.

If i set wallpaper as a normal wallpaper and not a Live wallpaper then the incoming call screen is fine.

Lockscreen style i have chosen under CM settings to be sliding tab and not the rotatory.

To test this, set the lockscreen style to sliding tab, set any live wallpaper and watch the incoming call screen.

Edited by devilkazuya

Guest forney27

My phone tends to turn off when Im at work and when I charge it via usb to the computer.

Without fail, its turns itself off everytime.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
My phone tends to turn off when Im at work and when I charge it via usb to the computer.

Same happens with the wall charger, last time it just shut down,

today it's "just" the screen staying blank with the buttons lighting

up (and staying on !) when I press the power button.

As it shut down last time I checked a minute after I plugged it in today,

the screen came up fine and went to sleep correctly again, so this must

have happened "later" - temperature sensor issue, probably ?

Guest pellonet

I have been following the nightlies on CM7 right up to the current Final on my spare OSF & have got into the habit of purging out a lot of the stuff I don't use e.g.

CM Wallpapers

Magic Smoke wallpapers

Live wallpaper picker

Live wallpapers

I recently read somewhere that removing the TTS Folder was another option to trim down the system but a search doesn't work for me so can someone tell me what the purpose of this folder is & the impact of removing it?

Edited by pellonet

Guest jayhix

i upgraded from rc4 to the stable and i have to say the phone does seem alot more laggy on homescreen even with different launchers, rc4 was much smoother.

also i still have bluetooth file transfer problems, but doesnt appear that anyone else does :s

Guest pellonet
afaik, tts = text to speech.

removing it would stop google navigation (for example) talking to you.

Thanks for that, I guess that just removing the languages I don't use would be the sensible way with that option.

Guest ThrashMan
Yes I'm wandering where this wallpaper is stored too...

frankish, how do change this back? or find the wallapaper that it used to use?

Open Androidian.apk in Winrar (or whatever zip program you use)

The wallpaper is in res/drawable-hdpi/homescreen.png

Guest ThrashMan

Androidian.apk hasn't changed in size so I assume the edit is to the theme manager telling it not to apply the wallpaper.

Guest droweed

updated from rc4 to cm7 stable, first impression is good good, but when I charged via wall charger, phone just hanged, when I unplugged the charger, it reboots, I think this was long gone, but I think it was reintroduced in this release, using a OLED blade

Guest ThrashMan

+1

Charge from PC USB with original USB cable or from cheap wall charger and phone locks up as soon as either are connected.

Original charger seems fine and home PC & USB is fine. Maybe phone hates getting less than USB default power? (500mah?) Is only a problem with CM7 last few versions

Guest ThrashMan
i upgraded from rc4 to the stable and i have to say the phone does seem alot more laggy on homescreen even with different launchers, rc4 was much smoother.

also i still have bluetooth file transfer problems, but doesnt appear that anyone else does :s

CM7 "stable" with Launcher Pro is still silky smooth for me.

Guest targetbsp
Thanks for that, I guess that just removing the languages I don't use would be the sensible way with that option.

That doesn't work - I've tried. It just re-downloads them all again. It's all or nothing.

Guest ididmytime
updated from rc4 to cm7 stable, first impression is good good, but when I charged via wall charger, phone just hanged, when I unplugged the charger, it reboots, I think this was long gone, but I think it was reintroduced in this release, using a OLED blade

+ 1

Where can I report this fault?

Guest David Horvath

It seems a bit laggier than other roms, true.

One question: The phone doesnt seem to go to sleep mode. I can unlock it with the menu button. Does anybody know how could i check what is keeping the phone from sleeping?

Guest Totyasrác
It seems a bit laggier than other roms, true.

One question: The phone doesnt seem to go to sleep mode. I can unlock it with the menu button. Does anybody know how could i check what is keeping the phone from sleeping?

For me it does (can't wake it up w/Menu button)...

Guest heavyduty00

you can change if you want to wake up or not with menu button in the cyanogen mod settings

the cm7 stable version for me is extremely good! very fast, quicker than ss rls4 and the best thing is : i dont need to press 'ok' every time i enter my numeric pin, it does it automatically :)

Edited by heavyduty00