[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Sulthekk

Correction has no signal

Please don't create a post for each sentence. Thank you.

You can just edit the previous one.

You may have no signal because of the ril. You may want to have a look at Blade Checker, as it can tell you if you have a GEN3 device.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest ColdEmbrace

yeah i am going mad. i was thinking of the tablet tweak to move status bar to bottom, that IS now integrated, nice it is too.

not sure how to get battery bar mod back, if anyone has link to mod would appreciate that thanks.

I use a program called team battery bar to do the same thing. I remember my confusion when I had a battery bar on cm7 but the program not installed.

• 4 weeks later...

Can we expect any more new nightly builds ?

It's been 2 weeks now, or has it stopped ?

On the other side, the CM7 Blade changelog still indicates activity till 16/12...

Anyone knows anything more about it ?

Guest targetbsp

I'm away for Christmas. Nothing has happened since my last build that would affect an end user though.

The change on the 16th was for those of us compiling the roms. :)

Guest EndruBoy1

Hi!

Can you tell or link me what's the difference between CM 7.1.0 and CM 7.2.0 stable? Is it worth to switch to the newer one? Any known issues?

Please excuse me if others have asked this question but this topic is sooo long.

Guest targetbsp

There are many, many, many differences. Even 7.2 is way, way out of date (and there will never be another 7 stable release). You should just update to a recent nightly.

Guest EndruBoy1

Yeah I know it's not the latest but I need a stable version. Now I've installed KonstaKANG's CM10 (4.1.2). It looks fine I think I give it a try. Thanks anyway.

Guest targetbsp

Stable is only a version label. It means CM7 in general is considered stable and not necessarily the Blade version of it. In fact almost every version marked as stable has been less stable than the nightlies around it.

And even if that wasn't the case, it doesn't mean that other version are unstable. Certainly if 4.x is stable enough for you, any of the CM7's will be. :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest targetbsp

There were quite a lot of changes merged yesterday. Dunno whether there was a nightly last night or when the next one is. Going to compile a new build at some point today anyway.

Do you guys have any idea what may have caused that my 2 months old CM7 install got so slow that the phone literally froze for like 20 seconds every time I started a call and only after this was I able to hear / speak (while the other person tried to speak = call connected fine)?

I didn't have too many apps, I froze the ones Targetbsp recommends and didn't use many that run in the background (thinking of heavy memory usage here).

I reinstalled because I wanted to try JB, but the performance was bad in games so I returned to GB. If it gets slow again, I don't know what I could do.. :/

Just put CM10.1 on a friends SGS1. Games work on it. So jealous now. I really hope we get the texture memory issues fixed on our ICS/JB's one day.

You mean the white blocks...

Yeah..I wonder what causes that issue...it's really annoying...

Going back and closing some apps solves it sometimes

Guest targetbsp

I wonder if its a fault in the ARMv6 adreno drivers. In which case i suspect we're stuffed! Prince of Persia Classic gets it really bad and is the first game I try whenever I test a new ICS/JB build.

It doesn't appear to be a fault in the (userspace) Adreno drivers. Many games are pigs and allocate memory for huge amounts of textures, often more than 100 MB, I kid you not. With the current version of the kernel (KGSL) drivers we have, that memory is allocated in vmalloc space, which is limited. This commit from CAF possibly fixes that, but good luck patching that into the outdated drivers in the 2.6.35 kernel. ;)

Edit: by the way, a sort-of workaround is increasing the size vmalloc space. Try adding "vmalloc=256m" to the kernel commandline. Unfortunately that will reduce the size of usable RAM because there's not enough address space...

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp

I'm afraid I don't even know how to add something to my kernel command line. :(

But thanks for the info anyway. Gives me hope that maybe it's possible to fix/workaround one day!

Guest targetbsp

Thank you! I'm not currently setup to compile anything other than CM7 from a VM in Windows. But I'm very keen on giving this a try so I'll have a play during the week. Probably Tuesday.

Guest Sulthekk

Just add it to BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE in BoardConfig.mk and build the kernel image.

Just a note:

If one doesn't want to recompile the whole kernel, just extract the boot.img, and repack it with the new parameter added to it.