[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest curl66
Whats the performance compared to froyo custom roms and stock rom? better?

its awesome!

quadrant at range of stock galaxy.

much smoother than anything before

Guest jayhix
I've had a very amusing bug in N31. Sometimes when i press a notification, for example a new text or email, the item gracefully moves away to the right and disappears. I feel thoroughly trolled by my phone.

i had that in n28! i was like oo thats pretty wait wheres my notification gone why havent u taken me to my messages! dammit. :D

Guest jurrasstoil

wow, batterylife is really awful with n31 :D 14h and i didn't use the phone for more than 20minutes during that time and i'm down to 10%.

I got 60h with decent usage out of n25... guess i'll go back.

Guest targetbsp
wow, batterylife is really awful with n31 :D 14h and i didn't use the phone for more than 20minutes during that time and i'm down to 10%.

Did you remember to turn off the wifi? :D It's fine for me as long as I have tasker setup to handle that for me.

Guest ThrashMan
wow, batterylife is really awful with n31 :( 14h and i didn't use the phone for more than 20minutes during that time and i'm down to 10%.

Guess you should read up on known issues first? :D :D

Guest hugobosslives

meh don't really see any difference on n31. tbh i prefer my modified version of n28 so i'll probs roll back untill the next one if n32 doesn't come out tonight. hopefully though i'll just swap to n32 tomorrow morning (if its there) :D

with regards to battery, i put it on last night and have still got 64% with quite a bit of use so not too bad. tho back in froyo days i did like being able to manage 3-4 days as normal life. Though you can't reli judge battery life for a few reboots until the android system gets use to the new rom.....

we will see........

Guest Phonixx

I'm having a problem with this N31. I install GAPPS and i dont get Gmail, market, maps, launcher, etc. Just the car dock and nothing more.

Anyone else got this problem? i used the same file as the one used in the older nightlies installations and have downloaded again just to be shure. ther was no errors during installation.

Tks

Guest KACE_231

Im getting a sluggish performance, in particular the app drawer is much more jerky that 2.2 how can I resolve this (also the browser is pretty slow as well). Otherwise on Quadrant benchmark my score is actually higher than 2.2 by ~200 points beating the galaxy.

Finally how do I get the standard GAPPS if I the andoird market app is not on the ROM itself?

Guest hugobosslives
I'm having a problem with this N31. I install GAPPS and i dont get Gmail, market, maps, launcher, etc. Just the car dock and nothing more.

you should get market and maps. those are in the zip so dunno what you did there. but have a look at the google apps thread here, where the other gapps are and updates of the orginals (market, maps etc) that you can use.

just follow the instructions there on how to install the zips.

Guest Phonixx
you should get market and maps. those are in the zip so dunno what you did there. but have a look at the google apps thread here, where the other gapps are and updates of the orginals (market, maps etc) that you can use.

just follow the instructions there on how to install the zips.

I Will try but i have install them in other nightlys without any issues but tks for the fast reply.

Edited by Phonixx

Guest ThrashMan
Where are known issues for n31 ?

I can't find them in this thread.

READING the thread first would help. Wireless not turning off when phone is asleep has been here since N26 and as there's no entry saying it's fixed you can safely assume the fault is still there.

Zeppelin makes a nice clean thread for fault tracking and serious posts, and all we get is n00bs posting the same crap that clogged up the earlier threads on CM7.

Anyone who has installed the newer ROM over the old ROM without wiping first OR has restored apps etc using Titanium Backup (or any other backup app) should NOT be posting their issues in this thread.

The install instructions are pretty straight forward:

Wipe data and cache

Install ROM

Install GAPPS

Boot up phone

Follow wizard but do NOT sign into Google yet

Connect to wifi

Add Google account

CM's Google installer pops up, tick all the apps you want

Keep clicking Install and Accept in Market

If you change theme and the Wizard restarts.....keep clicking next until the Wizard crashes....all done.

Edited by ThrashMan

Guest Scoopading

Anyone else got this problem? i used the same file as the one used in the older nightlies installations and have downloaded again just to be shure. ther was no errors during installation.

Yes. I've noticed the exact same issue.

GAPPS isn't required to install the Google apps on CynaogenMod any longer.

Whoops. It is.. See my updated post here - http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1648248

I had assumed maybe it'd started keeping some sort of stub around, which was allowed to be distributed, and then launched that and took you to an app installer screen. But it's not. It's just the weird way it's backing stuff up (even after an apparent full wipe) and also not exposing the market until you go through the app selection screen process is somewhat confusing too, leaving you with the Car Home and Talk icons as the only visible sign it's still there.

Edited by Scoopading

Guest zerosignull
READING the thread first would help. Wireless not turning off when phone is asleep has been here since N26 and as there's no entry saying it's fixed you can safely assume the fault is still there.

Zeppelin makes a nice clean thread for fault tracking and serious posts, and all we get is n00bs posting the same crap that clogged up the earlier threads on CM7.

While technically what Zeppelin has done is good, and he should be commended for the effort, in reality its hard to follow the layout. Its cleaner just to have a list of bullet points down the thread's first topic covering the install and any open issues. Not to mention you guys are quicker at finding bugs, like the resurgence of the current WIFI bug, than they are posted on the list.

Before any one tries to drop some newb bomb crack on me to I write software for a living and know how to communicate to the masses changes, issues and improvements without the need to explain to them how to follow my change log.

EDIT:

Just been over the the bug tracking change list and done soem column hiding. The following link should be newb friendly:

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...mp;cells=tiles#

Edited by zerosignull

Guest Swiftes
i can confirm that N31 still gets the screen not waking up issue and forcing battery whip out reboot

Yeah I keep getting this, really annoying!

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
While technically what Zeppelin has done is good, and he should be commended for the effort, in reality its hard to follow the layout. Its cleaner just to have a list of bullet points down the thread's first topic covering the install and any open issues. Not to mention you guys are quicker at finding bugs, like the resurgence of the current WIFI bug, than they are posted on the list.

Before any one tries to drop some newb bomb crack on me to I write software for a living and know how to communicate to the masses changes, issues and improvements without the need to explain to them how to follow my change log.

EDIT:

Just been over the the bug tracking change list and done soem column hiding. The following link should be newb friendly:

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...mp;cells=tiles#

Good man. I know you don't appreciate the layout, and I would love to find a way to do it better. However, I feel that I was updating at too slow a pace, and development was slowing down in time for release. Obviously, a few bugs have creeped up since then. But I will integrate that bug list in that you've made slightly more reader friendly. My main problem was getting an auto-updating post that would look decent on as many (desktop) screen sizes as possible.

Guest Frankish
I guess it would be nice to remove gapps from instructions, as it is not needed anymore.

How do you work that out? Surely they are not included with CM now? Sure the gapps get restored when going from nightly to nightly but not for me who formats system each install and not for new users.

Guest dibbles
How do you work that out? Surely they are not included with CM now? Sure the gapps get restored when going from nightly to nightly but not for me who formats system each install and not for new users.

I have just done a full format and wipe etc and installed build 31. Then I rebooted and connected to my WiFi. From there I launched the "Talk" application from within the app drawer and it asked me to sign in to my Google account, which I did. Then it asked me to select which Google apps I wanted to install. I selected the ones I wanted and it took me to the market to download the ones chosen.

Guest krongs

My battery life is significantly better on N31 over N28. N28 was comedy battery drain - massive drops right before my eyes for no discernible reason - none of that on 31. N25 was a no-go for me (couldn't shake the black screen after calls, no matter what) so cannot compare, I'm afraid.

Guest simonckenyon

i sorry as i expect it took you a lot of effort but i do not like this embedded web page stuff

i do thing that brief summary of the current status and a set of links would be preferable

just my 2 cents worth