[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest The Soup Thief
Is there instructions for downgrading from Windows flashed GEN2 back to GEN1?

They're kinda here in this thread, posts 4 & 7, though to be honest I find them a little convoluted - no disrespect to the authors - just they take a little rereading for my addled mind

Guest Fou-lu
Yeh, sorry. Tom realised after release of 7.0.2 that the issue is still present.

For some, there must be a particular app or setting causing this, it's only happened one time for me on N35, but many say it happens often?.

stable so far is beyond flawless, no more minor bugs like black screen or disappearing keyboard, gps fixed, all that's left is accelerometer, in two days not one single problem.

full wipe (dalvik too) AND don't restore anything from anywhere except Google, that's what i did.

Guest manji
For those of you that have the permanent gps icon in the status bar, start maps and press back to homescreen again before gps gets sat fix :)

Yeah, that works.

The Maps app doesn't seem to close when we hit back, does it? I always have to FC in the battery use section.

Guest dibbles
Is there instructions for downgrading from Windows flashed GEN2 back to GEN1?

Not for the feint hearted...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ndows-flashing/

pay attention to post #7.

Also read here...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-also-the-imei/

but pay attention to post #41

combining the above threads and gathering together the files which are needed and available you just then need to read and understand the procedure before you begin.

Do not do it if you are not confident or understand the risks in doing so.

Just to make it really exciting (yeah right) my conversion to GEN 1 would stop at 98% each time I did it and eventually showed a FAIL notice. But it left me with a GEN 1 phone with a working version of clockwork which I then used to install a GEN 1 supported ROM. My IMEI was wrong but I restored that.

Rather than clutter up this thread, which is for CM7, if you have questions you are better off posting in one of those two links I provided.

BTW - just to be on topic my GPS icon never even shows for a second after using my Mobile Maps with CM 7.0.2. It used to do and remain on the status bar for a minute or two. But, I do not have Google maps, it does not do that any longer.

The Maps app doesn't seem to close when we hit back, does it?

I always quit apps with long press on back button, like browser or maps. Then the GPS icon disappears from status bar. You enable this behaviour in Settings - Applications - Development. Tick 'Stop app via long press'.

Guest Android.Fan
Bespoke instructions in wbaw's thread mention the Menu button, not Home.

Sorry mate, I made a mistake while typing. I actually tried with Menu button but it was not flashing. So I flashed it with Back button instead of Menu. Thanks anyway for pointing it out.

Guest Fou-lu
Yeah, that works.

The Maps app doesn't seem to close when we hit back, does it? I always have to FC in the battery use section.

there's a options to FC apps by holding Back button in settings > applications > development.

Guest manji
I always quit apps with long press on back button, like browser or maps. Then the GPS icon disappears from status bar. You enable this behaviour in Settings - Applications - Development. Tick 'Stop app via long press'.

there's a options to FC apps by holding Back button in settings > applications > development.

Oh, yes! Great success! :)

Guest samjam

My android just hung - wouldn't do anything - then I plugged it into USB and it powered up. - But I don't think it was off because I couldn't get it to turn on...

Edited by samjam

Guest campyr
i have the same problem. so although i am on ss and on gen 2 i can do hecataes gen1 to gen2 conversion again

sorry to keep on about this but can I do section 2 of because tutoriol to make my partition 136

Guest campyr
i have the same problem. so although i am on ss and on gen 2 i can do hecataes gen1 to gen2 conversion again

sorry to keep on about this but can I do section 2 of hec tutoriol to mak

e my partition 136

Guest supermies123
Not for the feint hearted...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ndows-flashing/

pay attention to post #7.

Also read here...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-also-the-imei/

but pay attention to post #41

combining the above threads and gathering together the files which are needed and available you just then need to read and understand the procedure before you begin.

Do not do it if you are not confident or understand the risks in doing so.

Just to make it really exciting (yeah right) my conversion to GEN 1 would stop at 98% each time I did it and eventually showed a FAIL notice. But it left me with a GEN 1 phone with a working version of clockwork which I then used to install a GEN 1 supported ROM. My IMEI was wrong but I restored that.

Rather than clutter up this thread, which is for CM7, if you have questions you are better off posting in one of those two links I provided.

BTW - just to be on topic my GPS icon never even shows for a second after using my Mobile Maps with CM 7.0.2. It used to do and remain on the status bar for a minute or two. But, I do not have Google maps, it does not do that any longer.

Just to be sure, i don't have Channel1 file anymore because i deleted it. Do i need the file when downgrading to GEN1?

Guest rferrett

Hi All,

Many apologies in advance if this question has been answered 80 gazillion times before.

But what happens if oyu have a gen 1 Blade? Is it curtains for you as far as CM7 Stable is concerned? My mate has a Gen 1 with an old nightly on and is concerned he cannot upgrade to the stable release. I dont have a Blad myself but I thought i'd look into i for him but I oculdnt finds what I needed from the search function and, well 120 pages of thread is pretty daunting.

Ralph

Guest thomas01155
Hi All,

Many apologies in advance if this question has been answered 80 gazillion times before.

But what happens if oyu have a gen 1 Blade? Is it curtains for you as far as CM7 Stable is concerned? My mate has a Gen 1 with an old nightly on and is concerned he cannot upgrade to the stable release. I dont have a Blad myself but I thought i'd look into i for him but I oculdnt finds what I needed from the search function and, well 120 pages of thread is pretty daunting.

Ralph

You can TPT to gen2

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/337798/gen1-to-gen2-tpt-upgrade/

Edited by thomas01155

Guest kish123

my question may have already been answered but the forum is way too long to search through... so basically I have a few questions that need answering, I’ve got a TFT SF now running “Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v3” which has 15mb cache, 138 mb system, 302mb data N54

1.The Market does not work I’ve tried all the cache/data wipe but no success i cant even add an account…how do I fix this?

2. I still get GPS reboots after trying to get a lock on maps (which fails ”your location is currently unavailable”) is there a fix?

3. I still get charging reboot

4.The screen blacks out after a wait or visualising a onscreen action it comes back but gets irritating after a while

Any help would be much appreciated...T.Y.

Guest dibbles
Just to be sure, i don't have Channel1 file anymore because i deleted it. Do i need the file when downgrading to GEN1?

providing you have the correct IMEI now then the answer is no. But you must backup your nv files as explained in those links - like I mentioned you need to read because if you did you would then not have needed to ask that question :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest KACE_231
my question may have already been answered but the forum is way too long to search through... so basically I have a few questions that need answering, I’ve got a TFT SF now running “Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v3” which has 15mb cache, 138 mb system, 302mb data N54

1.The Market does not work I’ve tried all the cache/data wipe but no success i cant even add an account…how do I fix this?

2. I still get GPS reboots after trying to get a lock on maps (which fails ”your location is currently unavailable”) is there a fix?

3. I still get charging reboot

4.The screen blacks out after a wait or visualising a onscreen action it comes back but gets irritating after a while

Any help would be much appreciated...T.Y.

Try this

Flash the TPT again, then in clockwork wipe /data, wipe /cache, format /system, go into "advanced" and wipe /dalvik cache.

Then flash CM7 without GAPPS, and reboot

then reboot into recovery and flash GAPPS and Market only! not any other google app, the rest you can download via market.

Edited by KACE_231

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Really sorry to asking again and again the same question but I'm really the only one who have the red led on back button wich stay On without any reason ?

I'm back to SS RLS 5 but I really want to continue a little with Cm7, but this little point made me crazy. :)

Thanks.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Really sorry to asking again and again the same question but I'm really the only one who have the red led on back button wich stay On without any reason ?

Looks like you are.

Did you run pure CM7, or did you use add-on / replacement apps like GO SMS ?

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Thanks for reply.

True, I used GoSms... I'll try just right now without GoSms. I've just installed Handcent (prefer Go... :() I will report. :)

Thanks. :)

Guest supermies123

Hooray!!! I got my phone back to GEN1 from Windows flashed GEN2. It took some time but worked like a charm =)

Many thanks to dibbles!!!

Afterwards i flashed my phone with TPT GEN2 which is waaay better than the Windows one.

If anyone loses IMEI "completely" it can be found behind the battery of your phone and maybe from the receipt you got when you bought your phone.

Then use dibbles's advises to convert back to GEN1 from Windows flashed GEN2.

Edited by supermies123

Guest Vasily Mulukov

I'm back to SS RLS 5 but I really want to continue a little with Cm7, but this little point made me crazy. :mellow:

Thanks.

no, you are not the only one, i also have this problem with the LED, also use Go SMS Pro

haven't tried yet without Go Sms.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
no, you are not the only one, i also have this problem with the LED, also use Go SMS Pro

haven't tried yet without Go Sms.

Nice to hear. :mellow:

I have Go SMS Pro, not he Go Sms too :o

With handcent no problem for now... But I still prefer Go Sms Pro.