[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest dibbles
Hooray!!! I got my phone back to GEN1 from Windows flashed GEN2. It took some time but worked like a charm =)

Many thanks to dibbles!!!

Afterwards i flashed my phone with TPT GEN2 which is waaay better than the Windows one.

If anyone loses IMEI "completely" it can be found behind the battery of your phone and maybe from the receipt you got when you bought your phone.

Then use dibbles's advises to convert back to GEN1 from Windows flashed GEN2.

Glad that it all worked out for you.

The praise should be for those people who I linked to, especially burstlam providing the tools, as it was their work which gave me the confidence to do it myself :mellow:

Guest dibbles
Nice to hear. :mellow:

I have Go SMS Pro, not he Go Sms too :o

With handcent no problem for now... But I still prefer Go Sms Pro.

You might want to report it to the "Go" team so that they can look into it...?

Both me and my wife have the latest Go SMS installed and it works fine with no red LED lit up.

Guest Vasily Mulukov
You might want to report it to the "Go" team so that they can look into it...?

Both me and my wife have the latest Go SMS installed and it works fine with no red LED lit up.

on Cyanogen 7.0.2?

I am now on Nightly 51 installed on GEN1 with converter, and use Go SMS Pro, that might matter.

Also, I restored message storage from 2.2 with titanium backup, this might also make it unstable.

I will wait for more people to confirm that all issues of GEN2 (charging reboots, accelerometer, GPS) are fixed, then will finally migrate to GEN2 and if the problem with LED still be reproducible, I will have closer look.

Edited by Vasily Mulukov

Guest dibbles
on Cyanogen 7.0.2?

I am now on Nightly 51 installed on GEN1 with converter, and use Go SMS Pro, that might matter.

Also, I restored message storage from 2.2 with titanium backup, this might also make it unstable.

I will wait for more people to confirm that all issues of GEN2 (charging reboots, accelerometer, GPS) are fixed, then will finally migrate to GEN2 and if the problem with LED still be reproducible, I will have closer look.

I am using CM 7.0.2 by the TPT method to get to GEN 2.

Thinking about it my wife is using SS but has used CM 7.0.2 but she preferred SS and so I put that back on her phone for her.

Go SMS latest version works fine for us.

I use SMS backup and restore to restore all of my messages.

What I have noticed, but it is early days yet, is that CM 7.0.2 seems to drain my battery faster than LanceH's variation of SS. There is nothing strange under the partial wake usage. But I will monitor that one. For me it might just be that SS is better than CM7 in battery conservation on my phone.

Guest Jekle

Is anyone getting Facebook Force Closure when I tap on someones profile I get The application Facebook (process com.facebook.katana) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again. I'm using wbaw Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT 15mb cache, 138mb System and 302mb Data.

And BTW I did wipe everything and I also restored from a backup Titanium Backup

EDIT: solved just uninstalled the backup and installed from market

Edited by Jekle

Guest jimac
Is anyone getting Facebook Force Closure when I tap on someones profile I get The application Facebook (process com.facebook.katana) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again. I'm using wbaw Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT 15mb cache, 138mb System and 302mb Data.

And BTW I did wipe everything and I also restored from a backup Titanium Backup

EDIT: solved just uninstalled the backup and installed from market

I'm getting that from a clean install (on Orange SanFran OLED model, wbaw Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT) with Facebook downloaded from the market.

I have a Gen1 TPT to Gen2

The issues I have so far are:

1-With 3G on I can't send messages larger than 2 SMS together, with only 2G on it looks more stable and it usually sent's them

2-Return button lights on (Green) without reason

3-Battery drain, it only last me 12h (with luck)

anyone else?

Edited by tmmp

Guest Vasily Mulukov

1) red LED light with no apparent reason

2) facebook application closes when try to open profile

battery usage seems to be quite good (I do not use 3G), it drains about 2-3% over the night

Guest qwertymz

Once the charging issue (and to a lesser extent, the GPS issue) is solved, I'll consider updating.

Re: the Facebook problem... guys, that's a Facebook app problem. Check out the official 'Facebook for Android' page - the app itself is very, very buggy and people are getting FCs all over. I don't think it's a CM7 problem.

Guest Vasily Mulukov
Re: the Facebook problem... guys, that's a Facebook app problem. Check out the official 'Facebook for Android' page - the app itself is very, very buggy and people are getting FCs all over. I don't think it's a CM7 problem.

however, it works fine on SS (and other 2.2 firmwares)

Guest CaptainSpectacular
I have a Gen1 TPT to Gen2

The issues I have so far are:

1-With 3G on I can't send messages larger than 2 SMS together, with only 2G on it looks more stable and it usually sent's them

2-Return button lights on (Green) without reason

3-Battery drain, it only last me 12h (with luck)

anyone else?

1) red LED light with no apparent reason

2) facebook application closes when try to open profile

battery usage seems to be quite good (I do not use 3G), it drains about 2-3% over the night

Well, I'm not the only one with the LED stuck bug. :mellow:

Do you have GoSMS installed or another app with LED notification ?

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest dibbles

I thought that you had gone back to SS RLS 5...?

Guest Maringer

Finally got around to updating to Gen2 using the TPT method and installed CM 7.0.2.

Initially, I wasn't able to obtain any data connection so booted into Clockwork and did a full wipe.

All seems well now, though I haven't found the opportunity to reinstall my apps or the GApps yet.

However, I just encountered a reboot after charging via USB...

Guest Vasily Mulukov

yes, Go SMS Pro, see my prev posts

pellonet, thanks!

Guest mELIANTE
Concerning the sensor/accelerometer lag that starts to show after some uptime, does anyone remember when this started to appear? I gather it was not present in early builds but first appeared in early march?

If you read the posts in that link you can see someone stating it started when CM7 went 2.3.3.

Guest TimJBart

HI, I installed CM7.0.0 and it is great, but I gather there have been a lot of bug fixes since in version 7.0.2.

What is the best way of upgrading to the new version, rather than having to do a clean install of the full OS? Getting a bit tired of having to re-set up my phone each time I load a new ROM, so is there a way of updating, rather than loading again from scratch?

Thanks

Guest ejhollin

I had some force-closes with GPS and then a reboot on Google Maps, but then I downgraded to 5.1 (here) from the latest version and now everything seems okay.

I have a 1st Gen OLED SF upgraded to 2nd Gen via TPT with CM Nightly 57

Edited by ejhollin

Guest Fou-lu
HI, I installed CM7.0.0 and it is great, but I gather there have been a lot of bug fixes since in version 7.0.2.

What is the best way of upgrading to the new version, rather than having to do a clean install of the full OS? Getting a bit tired of having to re-set up my phone each time I load a new ROM, so is there a way of updating, rather than loading again from scratch?

Thanks

Theres no way to just " upgrade", you could do it without wiping, but that causes a whole load of problems, so you'll have to reset everything, use wbaw tpt method to update, fastest way ever, as your most definitely on GEN1 while still using original stable build, the new build is almost bugless, once you clean install, restore almost nothing, and wipe it spotless to make sure no bugs are carried over...