[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Zythus

My problem is slow charging when connected to PC. Like its not charging at all... Any of u have that?

Edited by Zythus

Guest The Soup Thief

@TimJBart, Fou-lu's comments noted, but assuming you're running this on gen2 you could always just download a later version from the CM7 download page and flash it in clockwork

A little more complex perhaps than a TPT but it's marginal and it retains your current set up

You may end up with a few problems, in which case you may decide it's worth sacrificing your set up and go for a TPT, or else restore factory settings and cache with clockwork and reflash, but I tend to wipe quite rarely and get along ok in the main (when problems appear I do a full wipe, before thinking of reporting it - remember, "no wipe no whine")

Guest targetbsp
My problem is slow charging when connected to PC. Like its not charging at all... Any of u have that?

Yeah it takes MUCH longer over usb than mains for me.

Guest supermies123

I think it might be because USB cannot carry as much power as wall socket...?

Guest Zythus
I think it might be because USB cannot carry as much power as wall socket...?

Lol?

It was charging way faster like 10 nightlies ago. Now its sooooo slow. Nevermind, still its good ROM and everything is fine, I won't complain after all :mellow:

Guest heavyduty00

do i install the normal universal converter or ahb universal converter with kk's converter?

also do i need to wipe if i am moving from cm7 stable to cm7.02

Guest hugobosslives
do i install the normal universal converter or ahb universal converter with kk's converter?

also do i need to wipe if i am moving from cm7 stable to cm7.02

your choice. pretty self explanatory. one allows overclocking. one doesn't. pick yourself.

yes

Guest Richard_Arkless

Wow this is improving a lot, might upgrade to gen2 after all, was tempted to use the universal converter but wbaw's tpt upgrader definitely makes it easier and safer

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest supermies123
Lol?

It was charging way faster like 10 nightlies ago. Now its sooooo slow. Nevermind, still its good ROM and everything is fine, I won't complain after all :mellow:

IMO, it has ALWAYS been charging slower via USB. And always faster from a wall socket.

And you can read here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...12111217AAUfQQa that USB gives only about 500mA or less, wall charger says 700mA...

Guest dnaumov

I went from Gen1 FLB to Gen2 and CM 7.0.2 (fully wiped, obviously), the rom otherwise works very well, but I am having really bad issues with battery life. I normally keep GPS/Bluetooth off at all times and turn Wifi and Mobile Data only when needed. With my usage patterns under FLB, battery lasted 3-4 days. Same usage patterns with CM7 - 100% charge at 04.00 -> 35% charge left at 22.00 and yes, I did recalibrate the battery for good measure, doesn't help. What can be done about this?

Guest Cobble
I went from Gen1 FLB to Gen2 and CM 7.0.2 (fully wiped, obviously), the rom otherwise works very well, but I am having really bad issues with battery life. I normally keep GPS/Bluetooth off at all times and turn Wifi and Mobile Data only when needed. With my usage patterns under FLB, battery lasted 3-4 days. Same usage patterns with CM7 - 100% charge at 04.00 -> 35% charge left at 22.00 and yes, I did recalibrate the battery for good measure, doesn't help. What can be done about this?

Me too.

When I went to bed last night it was at 43% at 12.30am. Wifi, 3G and Bluetooth were all disabled, and yet the phone died at 8.30am.

8 hours to drain 43% of the battery when the phone is sleeping ain't normal.

Guest kallt_kaffe
ur converter already fixes gps crash also! did u knew that?

It doesn't fix them but it seems it crash a lot less often with my kernel (the _alt version of the converter). This fix on the other hand has been running stable all day with the stock cm7 kernel on my OSF Gen2 blade.

Guest Flumpster

Can someone please try opening the gallery a few times after each other who have a fair few pictures.

If I open it then close it and reopen it about 2 to 3 times it will freeze eventually and have to take the battery out. Wondering if anyone else gets it.

Edited by Flumpster

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Can someone please try opening the gallery a few times after each other who have a fair few pictures.

If I open it then close it and reopen it about 2 to 3 times it will freeze eventually and have to take the battery out. Wondering if anyone else gets it.

All fine with me. 70 or so images, cycled 10 times, no freezes.

Guest Flumpster

Thanks for trying.. Wonder what's causing it for me...

Just did it again.. open gallery and b4 all the folders have shown the previews hit back button. Relaunch gallery and did the same again.. on the third time it slowly shows me the folders then completely freezes the phone about 5 seconds later and gotta remove battery.. Not even holding back button to force close app will work.

edit.. it's not the cycling causing it. It freezes the phone if I leave it there long enough also.. It must be some of my media. Gonna try and remove some folders and see what happens.

Edited by Flumpster

Guest sm4tik
Thanks for trying.. Wonder what's causing it for me...

Just did it again.. open gallery and b4 all the folders have shown the previews hit back button. Relaunch gallery and did the same again.. on the third time it slowly shows me the folders then completely freezes the phone about 5 seconds later and gotta remove battery.. Not even holding back button to force close app will work.

edit.. it's not the cycling causing it. It freezes the phone if I leave it there long enough also.. It must be some of my media. Gonna try and remove some folders and see what happens.

Please backup the files first and see if you can get an error message on your computer also and isolate the file that's causing it. The phone shouldn't freeze if there was a corrupt file so it could be helpful if you had the bad file around for the devs to try also. This way there could be a fix for it someday that will just ingnore the bad files, not freeze the phone :mellow:

Edited by sm4tik

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Regarding GPS reboots, I smell a fix in the next nightly. The low level change in the Qualcomm GPS library GPS: Fixes mFixInterval = 0 issue in gingerbread (android_hardware_qcom_gps) sounds relevant, and based on HCDR.Jacob's comments on this Pull Request by Kalte Kaffe (in that he sais the issue is definitely fixed), I think the combination of the Blade specific changes made before 7.0.2 and these low level changes might fix the problem.

I am making broad logical leaps here; could be a false alarm!

Guest jimac
Me too.

When I went to bed last night it was at 43% at 12.30am. Wifi, 3G and Bluetooth were all disabled, and yet the phone died at 8.30am.

8 hours to drain 43% of the battery when the phone is sleeping ain't normal.

me too, almost exactly the same figures.

other than the battery life, all is good.

GPS and WiFi are both working remarkably well for me.

Guest dibbles
me too, almost exactly the same figures.

other than the battery life, all is good.

GPS and WiFi are both working remarkably well for me.

I was having exactly the same issue with the battery drain. From a clean install and wiping all stats etc. I was also having the charging issues, but as that is work ongoing I would expect that.

With the phone discharging as fast as it was, and nothing really obvious under the spare parts battery usage etc, I went back to LanceH's SS 2.2 ROM. When I charged that yesterday morning I was at 100%. I went to bed and it was 93%. This morning I checked it and it was 91%. That seems better.

Guest tomasvilda

I have also noticed extreme battery drain when upgraded from GEN1 7.0 to GEN2 7.0.2. Disconnect from charger before going to sleep and on wake up i see 60%. It's the same for two consequent nights. GEN1 7.0 after nigth had about 92%. Usage and programs are the same.

Guest sm4tik

People with battery drain problems, can you check you battery stats if there is some specific program that causes you battery to drain.

Settings > About phone > Battery use

and also

Apps > Spare Parts > Battery history

for partial wake usage

I don't have any problems with battery (yet anyway..), but as a hint, I personally use SetCPU to underclock the processor when the screen is off. Currently I have it running between 122 and 245 with ondemand governor. This way it should consume a little less even if there are wake locks etc.

Guest manji

I have been experiencing battery issues when upgraded from Gen1 CM7-stable to Gen2 CM7.0.2

Battery used reports Android System as the biggest consumer - 67%. The other are mobile standby, phone standby and display.

Spareparts also reports Android System, although with an almost invisible blue line (wake lock time is only a few seconds).

In the battery use section, when tapping the battery graph, I can see that the phone is awake while the screen is off, so something is keeping it awake.

So it could be due to Gen1 to Gen2 or CM7-stable to CM7.0.2.

I used the TPT method (the first version with 2MB cache) and installed CM7.0.2 separately via clockwork.

I only keep 3g or wifi on when I use it. I don't keep it always on. I have no phunky Apps, only gapps and documentstogo.

Edited by manji

Guest Flumpster
Please backup the files first and see if you can get an error message on your computer also and isolate the file that's causing it. The phone shouldn't freeze if there was a corrupt file so it could be helpful if you had the bad file around for the devs to try also. This way there could be a fix for it someday that will just ingnore the bad files, not freeze the phone :mellow:

Sorry mate. I went ahead and did it straight after posting and didn't back anything up. I know what I deleted tho.

I had lots of images left over from previous apps I had tried in the past on other roms but the only folders I deleted were a load relating to bejeweled (backgrounds, fonts, game images etc) and the camera360 template folder. I have a funny feeling it was the fonts folder that was causing it because it was the last one I deleted and it was still slightly playing up until that one went.

Now all my movies and normal pic files are showing correctly and gallery works as it should.

Thanks.