[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest jimwormold

Hi all

The stock camera app appears to have stopped working for me in CM7.2 RC1 (sej20120506) build. The preview is working but it is unresponsive if I take a photo, and FCs. Other camera apps which use the stock camera app appear to be unaffected eg After Focus, Pixlr-o-matic ...

I've "Fixed Permissions", and wiped cache and Dalvik cache from recovery, but it's still not working.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

UPDATE: I deleted the folders in DCIM\.thumbnails and all is well again!

Edited by jimwormold

Guest Cata_Simi

lol, yes i only noticed it as someone mentioned it in a CM9 patchlog. cm7 is soooo 3 months ago :D

Lol, I'm using CM9 too ,what would be the changes in RC2 ? or is a preparing step to CM9

It's not got anything to do with CM9. It's just a version of CM7 they've been careful with what they've merged and they consider reasonably stable. It won't be any different to a nightly made on that day.

so, no hw video decoding and other missing stuff holds back cm9

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest targetbsp

Lol, I'm using CM9 too ,what would be the changes in RC2 ? or is a preparing step to CM9

It's not got anything to do with CM9. It's just a version of CM7 they've been careful with what they've merged and they consider reasonably stable. It won't be any different to a nightly made on that day.

Guest kjacek

Targetbsp - thank you for your latest build. Together with Sej's kernel, ICS font and soft button patch is quite good combination.

There is one thing I observe during last half year or so - I have impression that earlier builds better keeps battery. It doesn't mean that modern builds are bad, I use your latest rom ;-).

I just think that there is area when something can be changed.

Guest kjacek

Don't remember where I downloaded it (probably I found it on this forum, dozens pages before). Originally file was called sofbuttons-tablets_patch.zip.

Download both files and unpack them by WinRar.

SB Patch can be applied the same way as rom. Go to recovery, select SB Patch zip and apply it to the phone.

I use following order during the rom upgrade:

1. new rom

2. cm7 sej's kernel

3. ICS-FontPack-Roboto_E2

4. gapps-gb-20110828d-signed.zip

5. sofbuttons-tablets_patch.zip

All files beside soft button patch can be found on Targetbsp site http://blade.windows98.co.uk/

That all.

CM7-SBPatch.part1.rar

CM7-SBPatch.part2.rar

Edited by kjacek

I am running 07/04 ColdFusion X for a month now and feel like coming back to CM7 :P

So can anyone tell me what are the various flavors of CM7 available now?

Guest targetbsp

I don't think anything much has changed in a month! There's occasional features and bug fixes but it's been a long while since anything exciting happened to CM7. :)

For instance... RC2 was out for a week before any of us even noticed lol

Guest Akash P
Your latest 10th May build is same as RC2 with Adreno Libs no?

Cause I was thinking of flashing that...

Yes his build is the same CM 7.2 with the new Adreno libs which he always includes. I'm running that at the moment and is very smooth as far as I know.

Guest Nick Rhodes

Im running RC2 and have an issue loosing mobile data when the phone has been a sleep a while. WiFi still works fine. Switching to airplane mode and back reenables data.

Happening on both my blades (OSF OLED and OSF TFT).

Anyone else getting this ?

Cheers, Nick

Guest Akash P
Im running RC2 and have an issue loosing mobile data when the phone has been a sleep a while. WiFi still works fine. Switching to airplane mode and back reenables data.

Happening on both my blades (OSF OLED and OSF TFT).

Anyone else getting this ?

Cheers, Nick

Data works fine here. Try wiping cache and dalvik cache n rebooting.

Guest targetbsp

Lightning fast! :)

Which Adreno libs are included in RC2, and this UNOFFICIAL? I am pretty satisfied with the RC2 anyway without changing the kernel, or any lib.

As far as I know RC2 has the same Adreno libs CM7 has always used. The unofficial build has the faster ones.

On a side note, targetbsp have u completely given up on CM 7.xx ?

I wouldn't say completely but CM9 is looking good to me right now. Previously something has always annoyed me enough to return to CM7 within 24 hours. But I've been running it happily for 5 days now and have even paid for an ICS launcher!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

yes wink.gif but score is always low...

edit: ok, just tested again: 146/606 biggrin.gif but 2d score often goes to very low values

testing a third time....

299/606 @710MHz thats ok... thanks biggrin.gif

This seems to have been an Antutu bug all along that they have now fixed!

From the changelog "Fixed 2D score unstable in some low-end models."

And it seems to score close to 300 consistently now.

Guest TigTex

The kernel from the latest nightly seems to be sleeping with wifi on... The only thing missing are the new egl libs on the new nightly. I have no idea why they haven't updated the libs yet... there seems to be only improvements, no bugs at all.

oh and targetbsp... check the md5 from the gapps with market 3.5.16. something is not ok (edit... there is a new update to the market, 3.5.19)

Edited by TigTex

Guest targetbsp

I don't think anyone has submitted the new libs to them yet. They might not even know they exist.

That MD5 has been wrong a long time then! For a minute I thought we were talking about ICS mini gapps because I released a version of that then half an hour later updated google play in it so it was more likely to be wrong.

[edit]

Actually, it looks to be a copy and paste fail. There's an extra leading '5'.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest kjacek

Targetbsp, thank you for new build. I installed it together with ICS fonts and Soft Button patch. As long as I can check all works properly.