ZTE u-v880 Gen2 Blade

Guest solidchips

Guest joring
Anyone tried going beyond 672Mhz?

Didn't worked for me, wana know if working with anyone or not.

My blade works 12th hours without problems @691Mhz.

Guest 279693188
I have tried Sebastian404's recovery manager, it crashes -- FC. I tried holding the Vol Down key + Pwr button but it goes straight into "FTM" mode. I think you are right that fastboot mode might be disabled on my device.

Into the recovery

Press and hold the volume increases and and home and the power

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...o-the-recovery/

Guest Jekle
KK, can you pls replace the stock launcher with some beter one like ADW launcher etc...

A new launcher can be downloaded from android market.

Guest Ythle

Maybe I will try to install clockworkmod on my Swedish Blade GEN2, but if the install fails, and recovery partition gets wiped, can i save my device?

Iv'e made an dump of my stock recovery, can I restore that if I brick recovery when installing clockworkmod?

Thanks

Guest StevenHarperUK
Maybe I will try to install clockworkmod on my Swedish Blade GEN2, but if the install fails, and recovery partition gets wiped, can i save my device?

Iv'e made an dump of my stock recovery, can I restore that if I brick recovery when installing clockworkmod?

Thanks

If clockwork install fails - it wont boot into clockwork - you can just re-boot into android and re-flash clockwork again (probably after re-downloading it).

Once you have Clockwork you can make a FULL backup - copy this to your PC (you can mount the USB in clockwork too)

Then flash the ROM / WIPE and reboot.

Guest br0adcast
Install the Pigfish utility, run it and the first line shows whether your phone is GEN1/GEN2

PigFish output on my phone (GEN2-Blade):

Mr pigfish says you have a G2 model. (Here G2 means GEN2-Blade)

Hi.

I have the same phone (UNI_CN_V880 1.1). How i can install Pigfish utility without market application? Can you share pigfish.apk for me?

Guest solidchips
Hi.

I have the same phone (UNI_CN_V880 1.1). How i can install Pigfish utility without market application? Can you share pigfish.apk for me?

Follow the Link and download the file attched with KK reply (Mar 21 2011, 07:09).

Cheers.

Edited by solidchips

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hecatae
I think it works on gen1 phones, isn't it?

also repartitions gen2, but no guide written as of yet, kallt_kaffe believes it will unlock the 256mb ram in u-v880s but no-one has tried yet

Guest kallt_kaffe
also repartitions gen2, but no guide written as of yet, kallt_kaffe believes it will unlock the 256mb ram in u-v880s but no-one has tried yet

All I'm saying with the similar Hungarian Gen1 upgrade it converted 256Mb Gen1 phones to 512Mb phones. Chances are that this will do the same for 256Mb Gen2 phones but there is also of course a chance of bricking.

And yes, the Gen1->Gen2 conversion can be run on an allready converted Gen2 phone. I've done it several times when changing partition sizes. But so far it has only been tested (asfaik) on european Blades.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
So there is no way of going back if i end up bricking my phone by going through the above procedure. Am i right?

Correct. So it is a risky thing to try.

• 1 month later...
Guest lynnming
Hi

I'm Faisal Mushtaq. Recently bought ZTE u-v880 from china. It turned out to be GEN2 with pigfish app.

With the help of modoco members support, i managed to do the following task with the device.

The details are listed below.

Not sure whether your phone is GEN1 / GEN2

Install the Pigfish utility, run it and the first line shows whether your phone is GEN1/GEN2

PigFish output on my phone (GEN2-Blade):

Mr pigfish says you have a G2 model. (Here G2 means GEN2-Blade)

ram_console: 0x02500000

system RAM: 0x02600000

Stock Rom details:

Model: ZTE-U V880

Android ver: 2.2

Baseband ver: P729CUB01

Kernel: 2.6.32.9-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build: UNI_CN_V880 1.1

Edit:

Clockworkmod recovery for ZTE-U V880 GEN2

1. I installed Z4root, you can find it here Link

2. I did a temporary root using Z4root

3. Installed "Recovery manager 0.34b" Link

Any force close's (FC's) opening recovery manager, close it and open it again (may require 3/4 tries).

4. Using recovery manager i installed the recovery image: recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-x880. Link

5. Boot into recovery manager power off, turn power on while holding down the VOL DOWN button or you can use the quickboot and choose "Recovery" option, find it here Link

6. Finally nandroid backup your current ROM.

Now i'm looking farward to install sweedish rom (for GEN2 Blade), i'll post the details when i'll be done.

Installation of Custom Rom on ZTE-U V880 GEN2 Blade

1. Download the swedish spring RLS2 rom from Link (Courtesy of kallt_kaffe)

2. Copy the downloaded ROM (zip) file on your sdcard root.

3. Boot into clockworkmod recovery mode as i mentioned above.

4. Do nandroid backup of your current ROM if you didn't done it yet.

5. Wipe data partition.

6. Wipe system partition.

7. Now select "install zip fom sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" option and select the downloaded rom file.

8. Wait and let it finish.

9. For the first time the ROM will take some time to boot ( i guess 4/5 min for me) so be patient.

10.You'r done, Cheers.

Installation of an Overclock kernel on a GEN2 Blade (Courtesy of kallt_kaffe)

In progress....

Will update you soon....

Download the OC-kernel, camera fix and flash them in the recovery mode.

Don't wipe the cache/system partition.

1. This is the kallt_kaffe's OC-Kernel for Swedish Spring RLS2 (GEN2) KK OC Kernel

2. Camera fix for the OC kernel: Camera Fix

3. Boot into recovery mode as described earlier.

4. You don't need to wipe either data/system partition before flashing these patch files (I not did it).

5. Now select "install zip fom sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" option and select the first patch (KK OC-Kernel) file.

Let the process finish.

6. Now select "install zip fom sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" option and select the second patch (Camera fix) file.

Let the process finish.

7. Reboot and you're done.

8. Camera/FM Radio is working.

Thanks to all active modoco memebers on this thread.

Thanks for the great instructions. Somethings have changed a little since the original post but this was really helpful.

Here are the files I ended up using:

- Google Z4root to find file to download. I used version: z4root.1.3.0.apk

Downloaded as per links given:

- Installed RecoveryManager_v0.36b.apk

- used recovery image: recovery-clockwork-3.2.0.0-blade-gen2.img

- it was much easier to use Quick Boot_2.0.apk to boot into recovery

- used custom Rom: Swedish_Spring_RLS2_comviq22.zip (this is a real life saver and has worked really well)

I am quite thankful and satisfied, did not install overclock kernel.

Thanks again all of you for the instructions and files, making life easier for others.

• 3 months later...
Guest dutchphoto

Sounds like they've locked down that phone pretty badly. Have you managed to setup adb against it? Will "adb reboot bootloader" work? Or in a terminal emulator type "reboot bootloader"?

According to Ask Mr.Pigfish I have the Gen2

I have the same problem as this user.I was able to install recoveryManager. But it gives me the same arror as the above.

"The application recovery manager (process com.podtwo.recoverymanager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I also got the same error as mentioned in the above when I try to root my device with "UniversalANDRoot" if I try to root it while it is rooted.

""Failed! No ~~~ Fu goo ~~~"

My device should be rooted now which I did with Z4ROOT

Starting Z4ROOT gives me the option "Unroot"(I also have the "unroot" option with UniversalAndroot) so my device is rooted.Cuase when I unroot I don't have that option anymore.

However RootCheck says "device not rooted"?

At this point I am stuck.

Maybe RecoveryManager fails the Superuser rights. Because it isn't in its list?

Do I need the RecoveryManager or can I installed the Clockworkmod via ADB? I won't have the other RecoveryManager options won't I?

http://android.podtwo.com/recovery/

Strange. I followed on reading this thread and also tried the temporary root. Now I was able to grand RecoveryManager Superuser rights and it started without any problems. Whats the reason I can only installed a temporary root? Stupid me. Temporary root was mentioned in the guide, shoot!

Meanwhile I installed ClockworkMod 4.1.0.5 I check this by rebooting into Clockworkmod.To be Continued ;)

Edited by dutchphoto

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought ZTE U-V880 phone as well and plan to flash the ROM. Do I need to install the Swedish_Spring_RLS2_comviq22 ROM or can I install other ROMs such as CAE or Blade MIX for this phone? Are they compatible?

Thanks for all of the information from everyone on this forum! I have learned a lot and hopefully can change my phone to a better ROM.

Guest doogsville

I just bought ZTE U-V880 phone as well and plan to flash the ROM. Do I need to install the Swedish_Spring_RLS2_comviq22 ROM or can I install other ROMs such as CAE or Blade MIX for this phone? Are they compatible?

Thanks for all of the information from everyone on this forum! I have learned a lot and hopefully can change my phone to a better ROM.

Is your phone the China Mobile U-880 or the China Unicom or China Telecom v-880. The first one is a slightly different phone from the other two, and it's a lot harder to modify.If it's one of the last two you can put Clockwordmod on it, though you might have to use TPT rather than the other methods, and then put pretty much any of the Blade roms on it. I currently have GSF 27 on my Unicom Blade, but I had CM7 on it for a while too.

Edited by doogsville

Guest solidchips

As you mentioned you have a v880, you can install any zte blade ROM on your phone.

I'd suggest flashing a 2.3.x ROM, swedish spring is almost retired now as it is 2.2.

Happy flash, Cheers.