ZTE u-v880 Gen2 Blade

Guest solidchips

Guest solidchips

Now that i successful installed clockworkmod, i wanna try a swedish rom (2.2) on my phone.

I need a download link for that rom?

Is it a Blade-GEN2 rom (Swedish 2.2)?

Edited by solidchips

Guest hecatae
There is no recovery image in that rom.

Can i install clockworkmod recovery later on with the procedure i followed ealier?

clockworkmod recovery will stay on your phone as you are only flashing boot and system partitions

Guest solidchips

Dear KK, thanks a ton.

It's working smooth as butter. Loving it as i finally get rid of that crappy chinese rom.

Many thanks.

I got 117MB free space.

Next thing i wana do is make an nandroid backup.

Making nandroid backup....

Guest Frankish
Dear KK, thanks a ton.

It's working smooth as butter. Loving it as i finally get rid of that crappy chinese rom.

Many thanks.

I got 117MB free space.

That's really good news for a lot of users who will be picking up these new models.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Dear KK, thanks a ton.

Many thanks.

I got 117MB free space.

Excellent!

If you want to can try this addon (flash as you did when you installed the ROM but do not wipe): http://www.mediafire.com/?1df16hk6bpbddfd

It will install the custom kernel I intend to use for RLS3 and it should detect your Gen2 phone and install the correct kernel for your phone.

Let me know if it works. The camera will propably stop working with this kernel on your phone but that will be fixed with RLS3 (when it is done).

Guest solidchips

I tried the OC-kernel from the link you sent.

Phone stuck on "Wo" for last 5 mintues.

What should i do?

The back key is showing Red light as it is being charged while not connected with usb cable.

Edited by solidchips

Guest hecatae
I tried the OC-kernel from the link you sent.

Phone stuck on "Wo" for last 5 mintues.

What should i do?

The back key is showing Red light.

replace battery and restore nandroid backup

Guest solidchips

The amount of RAM listed documented is 256MB but in Quick Sys info it shows me 160MB.

I wonder whether it is masked like hungarain device or not?

Edited by solidchips

Guest kallt_kaffe
Will this sort of install only work the the chinese version of the blade AKA: V880 ?

It will propably work fine on the Comviq 2.2 phones as well. I'm currently compiling a new Gen2 kernel that should work with overclocking etc... If everything turns out fine then RLS3 will work identically on both Gen1 and Gen2 phones.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Kallt Kaffe, me waiting for your upload...

Here we go: http://www.mediafire.com/?jqdatdi7e3ujy0a

- Camera will likely not work but that I think I can fix later.

- If it boots, please test if FM Radio is working with this kernel.

EDIT: If camera is not working with the above kernel then try this fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?1sta4q916f7d2wr

Please try without the fix first, then with the fix installed.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest oh!dougal
The amount of RAM listed documented is 256MB but in Quick Sys info it shows me 160MB.

I wonder whether it is masked like hungarain device or not?

Almost certainly it has 256 installed. And after screen ram, etc, that leaves about 160 available to run OS & programs.

The Hungarian & Greek "256" product was a tiny subset of worldwide 512 Gen1 Blade production.

I infer that the Greeks asked for 256, and the easiest way to deliver a small number of phones was to mask it off rather than design and manufacture different hardware.

That firmware then accidentally got used for Hungary. Hence the fix in Hungary, not publicly available in Greece.

IMPORTANT - the Hungarian 'fix' will destroy a Gen2 phone. DO NOT try to use it.