29 Jun: 4.0.0.5 - ClockworkMod Recovery for the LG Optimus 2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest With Google
DO NOT RUN THIS ON THE G2X! The partition layout is different, doing so will do bad things to your device!

How do I know if I have the G2X?

On the inside of the case on my phone it say's p999.

Base band version is:

1035.21_20110218

Build Number:

FRG83G.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest Trym Hansen
How do I know if I have the G2X?

On the inside of the case on my phone it say's p999.

Base band version is:

1035.21_20110218

Build Number:

FRG83G.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Easy:

P999 = G2X.

P990 = Optimus 2x.

::Trym

Guest frittenpiekse

Hi Paul, first of all thanks for CWM, i really appreciate your work :D

adb reboot recovery doesn't work on the 2X.

do you know why this doesn't work on the 2X, are there maybe other devices that won't be able to reboot this way?

was trying it several times and wondering until i searched here and found your posting, i'm used to reboot to recovery this way from my HTC Hero :D

Guest davey4444
How do I tell?

Is it what it says on the case?

Thanks for your reply.

I think that every case says 999 on it.

You have whatever it says in Settings > About Phone > Model Number.

Guest Rusty!
Hi guys,

Do u have working adb shell with 3.0.2.8 ?

I cannot connect to device this way anymore. I push back 3.0.1.4 and adb shell works again.

Is there other way for new ClockWorkMod?

Thanks

Flash 3.2.0.0 and ABD/USB mounting is working again.

Guest fifi139

Guys, a quick question. I have installed CWM 3.2, rooted (thanks to Paul), froze a few apps. v10b - 405 version. Now I'm told that there's a new update for my country. So, logically, i unfroze the apps, unroot the phone and update it using LG Mobile Update but it says that my phone is not the corect version.

Is it supposed to happen because they don't have the update, or it's because my CWM is still installed? Do i need to uninstall CWM? If so, how to do it?

thanks guys

EDIT: just found that the only way to remove CWM is to flash it with stock ROM. But, is it possible to have all the apps and settings back?

Edited by fifi139

• 2 weeks later...
Guest racesurg
is there any one like me??

the vibrator is always on while in recovery.

it's kinda annoying.

I have this issue too. The CWM actually works fine. I was able to flash Fr17-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-unsigned, however my O2X vibrated the whole time that it was in CWM. I booted to CWM twice, same vibration issue. Is there a fix for this, Paul? Thanks, BTW, for your work on CWM and your great ROMs. I'll sign up for an Ad-Free account as soon as I have the funds, I'd like to try the Online Kitchen. (-:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pitywoman
I have this issue too. The CWM actually works fine. I was able to flash Fr17-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-unsigned, however my O2X vibrated the whole time that it was in CWM. I booted to CWM twice, same vibration issue. Is there a fix for this, Paul? Thanks, BTW, for your work on CWM and your great ROMs. I'll sign up for an Ad-Free account as soon as I have the funds, I'd like to try the Online Kitchen. (-:

me too having this prob. vibrate nonstop which so annoying. anyone pro can fix it?

Guest Neurobender
I dont know if someone have same problem.

I can install Recovery, all work fine, can flash, can backup ...

The problem is if i try to restore any backup, donde with the recovery, it restore fine, but dosent power , kepp in LG Logo screen, with loading bar stoped.

I have make some test, and can confirm that the kernel dosent restore correctly.

If after make a full restore, i flash a custom kernel, all work fine again.

IN my forum have some users with same problem.

Have you tried it paul?

I have the same problem. Can't get the restore to work but can flash the Cyanogen mod

Any solutions so far ?

Aah...never mind, seems my P990 isn't a P990 but a P999 ?!

Edited by Neurobender

Guest MeX_DK
I have the same problem. Can't get the restore to work but can flash the Cyanogen mod

Any solutions so far ?

Aah...never mind, seems my P990 isn't a P990 but a P999 ?!

Get CWM 3.2.0.0 and your restores will work.

Guest Ferni Elche
me too having this prob. vibrate nonstop which so annoying. anyone pro can fix it?

Something must be different between cwm 3.0.1.4 rc1 and other cwm versions: 3.0.1.4 doesn't vibrate. Maybe Paul find out the diff between versions.

I love the new graphics on this ver :)

but for some reason it seems like there is an issue with backing up.

I get can't mount /system!

then it the operation stops.

Any ideas ?

Guest jambezuk
I love the new graphics on this ver :)

but for some reason it seems like there is an issue with backing up.

I get can't mount /system!

then it the operation stops.

Any ideas ?

I've had a problem like that in the past but after fiddling for ages I found that rebooting recovery fixed it. Good luck!

I've had a problem like that in the past but after fiddling for ages I found that rebooting recovery fixed it. Good luck!

Thanks but...

I did that many times as well as trying to mount SYSTEM from the menu. it didn't work.

Thanks but...

I did that many times as well as trying to mount SYSTEM from the menu. it didn't work.

Huh, strange, i'll check it out, thanks.

P

OK, working here but i'm on EXT3... I suspect it could be an EXT4 problem - could you confirm? If so, i'll fix shortly.

P

confirmed i am on fr18 ext4 :)

will upgrade tonight to fr19 rc2 and ext 3 :rolleyes:

Guest MeX_DK
Quick backup setting?

P

I haven't actually tried your present version. But 4.0.0.4 had quick backup set as the default so the progress bars didnt move and you could not see "text" showing you as individual stuff was backed up.