[HOWTO]Change the digitizer screen (ZTE Blade)

Guest Goots

Guest raizor6th

hi,

im not sure if it has something to do with the digitizer. So i would like to ask before i send my blade to service center. Im experiencing a non-responsive touch screen in a specific area of my blade's screen which is at the bottom left and right corner approximately half square centimeter each sufficient enough to make the 3 dot overflow menu button within the navigation bar un accessible. I've notice it after i dropped the device but i see no damage or any scratch on the screen and digitizer so would it still be possible that the digitizer was damaged? Or its another thing?

Thanks.

• 11 months later...
Guest jdcampbell

A major thread resurrection here. Don't know if anyone has any ideas. My son broke his touchscreen and so I bought a relpacement from eBay. It worked initially but stopped working as soon as I reassembled the phone. I tried a replacement and that did not work at all.

Putting the broken digitiser back on worked, so I put this down to the eBay digitisers being of poor quality. Instead I bought a non working OSF with a good digitiser. I fitted it and tested it before reassembling. It worked. Then I reassembled the phone and it didn't work. Putting the old broken digitiser back on it works again, but whatever I try the unbroken replacement no longer works at all. I am exasperated!!

Any ideas if I could be missing something?

Edited by jdcampbell

• 7 months later...
Guest portomomo

Second screen replaced (in 3 years). Thanks to the OP for the detailed instructions. My Blade is now having it's second rebirth.