[HOWTO]Change the digitizer screen (ZTE Blade)

Guest Goots

Guest confector

Well.. how to get used to it if not through trying? :)

Back covers on ebay are (incl shipping to germany) more expensive than getting a full housing from DX..

Last question: Is it difficult to seperate LCD & Touch Screen? If yes I would buy both, if not I would only get the LCD..

Thanks!

Guest WAWA72

With the housing from dealxtreme you will get Problems with your Proximity Sensor (will Not work) AT the left hole must be a black foam for the proximity Sensor. Otherwise the proximity get light from the side inside and will not work.

The Powerbutton need some glue to hold in the backcover.

The dustprotection for earspeaker and Loudspeaker is not built in.

Befor you change: look inside the old and the new and fix it.

Edited by WAWA72

Guest stumark

Hi,

I often read these forums but have never posted. I was after some advice from you guys please....

I have just replaced the mid chassis of my blade but now I have put it back together the touch screen is not working. I have taken a lot of phones apart and am not really sure how I could have damaged the digitiser ribbon. I have read the entire thread here and noticed people have mentioned the silver bits of foam but I have checked and they seem to be in place. People have mentioned cleaning them - what would I do it with?

Is there anything else that I should have done? I will buy a new digitiser if you think this will sort the problem but I am wary that this may not be the problem because I cannot see any damage.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Guest JackSF

confector

The digitizer and lcd are not bonded in any way.

As wawa has hinted at, using a non original housing will be a right royal pain in the bum. I really wouldn't bother with a 3rd party chinese housing. Buy LCD and new back cover, a lot less pain and a lot less likely to bugger anything up doing it.

Guest stumark

Thanks Jack - I assume it is fairly likely that this will fix my issue?

Everything else on the phone is working fine so I assume a new digitiser will work, just don't want to wast my time/money! I gather from reading the thread that a lot of digitisers from ebay are faulty?

Thanks again.

Guest JackSF

I would imagine it should fix your problem. I have had 5 or 6 from ebay over the last 12 months and never had a faulty one so my experience does not indicate a high failure rate on the ebay ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wagggy

I have bought a new front housing with digitizer after cracking the digitiser, there was nothing wrong with the old housing however I did not know you could push the digitiser screen out of it until I visited this thread, I threw it away! :\

Anyway, the touch screen is working fine, but I am unable to clip the back of the phone to the housing. It clicks in at the top just fine, but the areas where the silver plastic are do not click into place. Is there some trick to doing it or do I have a faulty housing?

Also, what is the copper for under the black tape at the bottom of the rear housing?

Edited by wagggy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest confector

@CrystalLettuce Open it up again and make sure the LCD is connected properly. It is the biggest connector on the left, you may have to lift the SD and Sim Card plate a bit on the left side to open the lid of the connector fully.

Guest iotola

Unfortuneatly I have managed to break the coaxial cable while trying to change the digitiser, anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thanks.

Guest confector

The one running around the right side from top to bottom? Just bought a new one from WAWA. You could try contacting him

Thread Feedback: I didn't change the digitizer but earspeaker & TFT display. No more dead pixels, awesome!

Edited by confector

Guest Pia23

Thanks for the thread, i'm about to order the grade B £5.49 as my Blade is only for the kids to play games on, but it's been cracked a while and today has stopped being responsive so i'll try replacing it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RaoulTeeuwen

Thank you @Goots ! Had to replace the screen of my daughter as well, and your instructions were perfect. Only the plastic part was very hard to come loose...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a complete idiot and missed the £5.49 digitisers on ebay and the phone has been shoved in a drawer useless. Anyone know where I can get one for a similar price please?

edit - found a grade c for £4.99 which is fine for what i want, will give it a try but will no doubt be back with problems lol!

Edited by Pia23

Yay i did it!!! :D :D

My £4.99 replacement digitiser works a treat and is immaculate. It didn't come with the plastic surround though so i had to hairdryer it off (as seen in a youtube vid linked earlier - thanks for that). I used some kind of glue that is for shoes (lol) so i hope it stays stuck.

But it works and i now have a perfect OLED OSF :D

Guest jonmac73

Hi all - have loads of dust at bottom of screen. How far do you think I need to go on dismantle to be able to get it all out ? (can only really see it on pure white screens and when screen off.

Have replaced LCD on an old Sony Ericson before so don't mind having a go. Just wonder if it's a nightmare

Thanks in advance

Guest jonmac73

Hi all - have loads of dust at bottom of screen. How far do you think I need to go on dismantle to be able to get it all out ? (can only really see it on pure white screens and when screen off.

Have replaced LCD on an old Sony Ericson before so don't mind having a go. Just wonder if it's a nightmare

Thanks in advance

anyone ?? who has done this. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks OP. The right side of my phone was not responding to touch. Used the guide to replace the digitizer on my phone. Good news is the new digitizer seems to have fixed the touch issues. Bad news is that I didn't manage to fit the phone back together properly. There are very visible gaps now. I will probably need to take the phone apart again to try and fix it. At least I know the screen itself isn't the problem :)