Swedish Spring RLS3 Re-spin - *Gen 1 ONLY*

Guest Len Ash

Guest WildeRNS
Tested this one, Edify script OK

Give it a go!

thank u! but today i installed your full ROM!!! thanks again, grat job!

but could u make an update.zip with ZTE dialer/contacts? that was be a great!

Guest nikonboy

OMG Lance you seem to have taken the best and made it better, just installed option 3, it seems perfect for me, thanks for all your hard work, it'a a mystery to me how you guys do this ROM dev stuff but i'm bloody glad you do.

Cheers.

Guest XpressAndy

I installed this ROM and rebooted. But the phone is not going past android logo with green circles around it! Help plz.

Why is it happening?

Guest Len Ash
I installed this ROM and rebooted. But the phone is not going past android logo with green circles around it! Help plz.

Why is it happening?

Which ROM - there are 3 of them? Wiped everything? Where did you get the ROM from? Did you check the md5 hash? Came from which other ROM? How long did you leave the boot logo running? I have had >400 downloads and you have the only boot issue??????????????

(If you ask questions like this, it would REALLY help if you provided as much detail as possible.)

Edited by Len Ash

Guest XpressAndy
Which ROM - there are 3 of them? Wiped everything? Where did you get the ROM from? Did you check the md5 hash? Came from which other ROM? How long did you leave the boot logo running? I have had >400 downloads and you have the only boot issue??????????????

(If you ask questions like this, it would REALLY help if you provided as much detail as possible.)

I had original orange rom 2.1. Then I installed number 3 ROM. No I didn't check the md5 hash? Sorry, I don't know it's significance. Please enlighten me.

I used clockworkmod 3.0.1.4. I left android logo running for 10 min. I have to remove battery to switch phone OFF.

What did I do wrong? How can I get my phone to boot?

EDIT: I checked the md5 hash with md5sum tool. It's the same as you mentioned in the first post.

Thanks in advance :D

Edited by XpressAndy

Guest Len Ash
Hi I booted into recovery mode and did factory reset. Phone boots normally now. Thanks :D

That's a "wipe". You should do Cache and Data/Factory reset. Mandatory when going from one ROM to another. Unless expressly stated.

Guest BILLCHRISTOY

something really strange is hapenning,i am trying to install from the market apps like keyyo,sipdroid or csipsimple and the installation simply stops,this is happening only with that kind of apps.

Any idea?

Guest ovolactohippo
Cheers for the info - only seems to be 1 person with Browser issues. No idea why.

Same issue here - the force close happens when trying to perform a search from the address bar, works fine if simply entering addresses / going to www.google.co.uk first and searching from there.

Guest Len Ash
I wish to query why HW accel is removed from version 3? Is LauncherPro not compatible with it?

HW accel is OK for some rendering applications, but for everyday use, Off yields a smoother user experience.

Guest WildeRNS
Tested this one, Edify script OK

Give it a go!

patched ok! but the clock is white :D on white backgound! can u make clock black?

Guest shanewaz

How do you know if your phone is Gen1 or Gen 2? Our 2 San Frans were bought in the UK pre Xmas (about mid November time). I think the build (although I can't seem to find it now on all the many Roms added since) ends in 08.

Any ides on how to officially find out?

Guest XpressAndy
How do you know if your phone is Gen1 or Gen 2? Our 2 San Frans were bought in the UK pre Xmas (about mid November time). I think the build (although I can't seem to find it now on all the many Roms added since) ends in 08.

Go to market and install "Ask Mr. Pigfish". It will tell you if you have gen 1 or gen 2 phone.

Guest Smiff2

they'll be Gen1.

Guest Mahendra Soni

Today I installed "Number 2 SS RLS 3 Remix Gen 1 ONLY + just Battery Circle Mod" and its working smooth with good battery life. I have only one problem with it. Even though setting WiFi Sleep Policy to Never, I still found that WiFi goes into sleep mode as soon as my Blade turns to standby mode. My Chat application (BeejiveIM) stops receiving message in standby mode.

Wipe data/Factory reset ... YES

Wipe cache partition ... YES

Wipe Dalvik cache ... YES

Wipe Battery status ... YES

Re-installed the ROM but have same problem.

Can someone suggest me a good solution to this???

Thanks

Guest Len Ash
Today I installed "Number 2 SS RLS 3 Remix Gen 1 ONLY + just Battery Circle Mod" and its working smooth with good battery life. I have only one problem with it. Even though setting WiFi Sleep Policy to Never, I still found that WiFi goes into sleep mode as soon as my Blade turns to standby mode. My Chat application (BeejiveIM) stops receiving message in standby mode.

Wipe data/Factory reset ... YES

Wipe cache partition ... YES

Wipe Dalvik cache ... YES

Wipe Battery status ... YES

Re-installed the ROM but have same problem.

Can someone suggest me a good solution to this???

Thanks

That's normal for all Blade Froyo ROMs... a feature, not a fault.

Guest Carbonize
and what about frankish themes? :D

If you bothered to check the proper Swedish Spring thread you would see that there are already Frankish themes for this rom.

Guest ArtiZ

Could you provide a package that would only tune the autobrightness which could be applied to any (at least SS) ROM? Or at least instructions how to do it? In my opinion the screen is always too dark with normal autobrightness..

Guest Geoponer

I have installed this ROM using ROM Manager a couple of days ago, and everything goes really smoothly so far!

In fact, Blade is my backup phone for now, so I do not use it intensively but I haven't noticed any bugs so far (at least connectivity problems using 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth etc.).

Thank you for this nice ROM Lance!

Edited by Geoponer