28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

What I find to be very upsetting is that the device has 512mb ram but more than half is just occupied but the OS, so i removed some widgets and Set less home screens and use Advance TaskManager app to really close apps but still it is not enough, I just wish I could have a Custom Baked rom that didnt have all the BS such as the F-Secure app and the all the services that startup with the device such as Maps and the Car Home app. I wish there was a way not to let them start but i know from the developer prospective this is not how the 2.2 functions.

Thank you Paul for the hard work, i hope soon we will have a fully functional ROM to enjoy.

If any of you guys have any tips for me since i am a total Newbie when it comes to android, your help will be appreciated, until then ill just try every build Paul makes and hope for the BEST :D

Thanks For everything !

Guest BrumBrum74

Paul: Any chance to import the HTC Inclredible S keyboard to this rom? It has the scandinavian letters æ, ø and å in it.

Is this my problem?? After i upgrade to Fr4, i found a multitouch issues when i playing game. i did't see it on Fr2.

when i put 2 finger on the screen and left one finger, the point is still here if i don't move another finger. sorry for my English :D .

Guest darul0r
Is this my problem?? After i upgrade to Fr4, i found a multitouch issues when i playing game. i did't see it on Fr2.

when i put 2 finger on the screen and left one finger, the point is still here if i don't move another finger. sorry for my English :D .

Got the same problems while gaming..

Guest Cagra
What I find to be very upsetting is that the device has 512mb ram but more than half is just occupied but the OS, so i removed some widgets and Set less home screens and use Advance TaskManager app to really close apps but still it is not enough, I just wish I could have a Custom Baked rom that didnt have all the BS such as the F-Secure app and the all the services that startup with the device such as Maps and the Car Home app. I wish there was a way not to let them start but i know from the developer prospective this is not how the 2.2 functions.

Thank you Paul for the hard work, i hope soon we will have a fully functional ROM to enjoy.

If any of you guys have any tips for me since i am a total Newbie when it comes to android, your help will be appreciated, until then ill just try every build Paul makes and hope for the BEST :D

Thanks For everything !

Any filemanager with root access can delete carhome and F-secure. You can also use Titanium Backup to freeze or delete unwanted items. Remember to backup though.

Don't worry about used ram. Free ram is wasted ram, unless you are down to very little.

And on a final note. Forget all about taskkillers!

Thanks For everything !

That's the idea of the kitchen! :-)

P

Guest Sorensiim
Paul: Any chance to import the HTC Inclredible S keyboard to this rom? It has the scandinavian letters æ, ø and å in it.

Give the stock Gingerbread keyboard a try, it's an option in the kitchen :D

Got æøå as well B)

Guest rulleguru

I get force close on com.android.settings when trying to access the gingerbread keyboard settings. Need it to choose norwegian keyboard :\

Guest djmcnz
'Multitouch test' from the Market confirms expected behaviour on Fr4?

P

Also works for me as expected on my Freak-mix fr2+test kernel.

Guest Sorensiim
I get force close on com.android.settings when trying to access the gingerbread keyboard settings. Need it to choose norwegian keyboard :\

Yeah, it's been mentioned a few times in this thread. Hold down the comma (",") key and select the settings icon. Tick off the languages you want :D

Guest ritdaw

Awesome rom, but why an earth did LG have to put notification sounds on everything? Do I really need a sound when an app gets installed?!

Guest darul0r
Test kernel?

P

Nope Stock Kernel..

Recognized also a few lags in Dungeon Defenders.

Hmmm.. Multitouch via multitouch tester seems to had the same problems as abye, strange.

Edited by darul0r

Nope Stock Kernel..

Recognized also a few lags in Dungeon Defenders.

Hmmm.. Multitouch via multitouch tester seems to had the same problems as abye, strange.

:D Hope Paul will fix it, because i always play games.

Guest BrumBrum74
Yeah, it's been mentioned a few times in this thread. Hold down the comma (",") key and select the settings icon. Tick off the languages you want :D

Thanks for the tip as I get the FC as well

But I still liked the keyboard from Incredible S more when I tried it. If anyone knows a way to port it please tell.

Guest Attitudes

So launcherPro fc for me to, but for me i think "Go Launcher EX" is far better than LauncherPro and rock stable on test kernel.

U guys should try it out, its free also :D

Other than this i find the last kernel to be stable, keep up the good work Paul B)

Edited by Attitudes

Guest ritdaw

Hi Paul,

Thanks once again for all your hard work. You've got rid of most of my annoyances already such as the music controls in notifications. I'm just wondering if you can work out a way to get rid of the unread message count on the lockscreen? If you use an alternative SMS application you have to open them in the stock application to hide the count on the lockscreen. Useful for most people I guess, but could be a good kitchen option?

Cheers

Guest Sorensiim
Hi Paul,

Thanks once again for all your hard work. You've got rid of most of my annoyances already such as the music controls in notifications. I'm just wondering if you can work out a way to get rid of the unread message count on the lockscreen? If you use an alternative SMS application you have to open them in the stock application to hide the count on the lockscreen. Useful for most people I guess, but could be a good kitchen option?

Cheers

Try Widgetlocker :D

It lets you take of control of your lockscreen and tailor it to your needs, adding only the options you need B)

Guest mrBira

can the mck r1 kernel be downloaded somewhere as a flashable cwm *.zip? would be alot easier than bakin a new rom.

i also recieve lots of FC's and my browser got some serious freezelag (for up to a minute) with the testkernel =)