28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest geolo253

@Paul

How about adding persist.adb.notify=0 to build.prop to get rid of the annoying debug icon and tone?

I am currently running FR16b3 64MB GPU hack with revert "Revert SQLite Library to Stock" checked and have no problems all :unsure:

Guest SpikeNansid

How's LG's ScreenCapture working for everyone? For me it doesn't even though chosen in the kitchen, so I tried to manually start the program in app manager but get the error message saying com.lge.util not found..

Any tips? It's a good feature to have sometimes..

Spike

Guest Paul
Great Paul!!!!

I wanna ask you one thing, if i flash some theme which have themed apk like phone dialer ecc i lost your optmization? Or your optimization are inside other file and i can flash any theme without any problem? For example the optimization about the dialer, and about battery life...if i replaced it or other apk themed....

Can you make clear in this point? Because i love your rom and i wanna have all benefit you make in the FR but i like also some theme, and i dont wanna lost your optimization if i flash some theme..

Thanks, i wait your answer and after dowloading your great work...

Thank

Yes, I would advise holding off flashing themes until Fr16 final is available and themers update their APKs.

P

Guest Paul
@Paul

How about adding persist.adb.notify=0 to build.prop to get rid of the annoying debug icon and tone?

I am currently running FR16b3 64MB GPU hack with revert "Revert SQLite Library to Stock" checked and have no problems all :unsure:

Yeah, good idea... :)

P

Guest aaww
How's LG's ScreenCapture working for everyone? For me it doesn't even though chosen in the kitchen, so I tried to manually start the program in app manager but get the error message saying com.lge.util not found..

Any tips? It's a good feature to have sometimes..

Spike

press the power button and then the home screen button the screen will flash for a sec. that is how you know you got the snapshot.

Don't be too lazy to read through the posts this information is there.

Enjoy :unsure:

Guest YourMother1972

Hi Paul, just for the record: your initial post says the kernel is mck-r11 but my beloved phone tells me it's mck-r12.. Not that it matters, but just for those who are interested.

Guest SpikeNansid
press the power button and then the home screen button the screen will flash for a sec. that is how you know you got the snapshot.

Don't be too lazy to read through the posts this information is there.

Enjoy :unsure:

Oops, sorry, my mistake.. Not lazy, read every single post from start. Just confused and mixing things up, tried the powerbutton with the volumebuttons.. heh.. Thanks for putting me in the right direction!!! :-)

Spike

Guest 75markus
Yes, I would advise holding off flashing themes until Fr16 final is available and themers update their APKs.

P

paul, my theme only contains framework-res.apk & lge-res.apk, you made any changes in theese files too or only in settings.apk ?

(I used files from FR14 ...)

it´s working fine on fr16, but i would like to know if you modified anything in theese 2 apk´s since fr14 ...

thx for your answer

markus

Guest Boergen
Uploading Fr16 Beta 4 now.

This incorporates by battery fix - there is still some Partial Wake usage by Dialler, but my phone lost less than 10% in 9 hours overnight with push Gmail running on mobile data. :unsure:

P

Hi Paul,

i baked and flashed the Beta 4 and just let the phone idle with everything on (Wifi too, but not connected to a Wlan).

After about 30-40min, it used up 5% battery (from 92% to 87%) and the dialer has it's usual big appearance in the battery statistic. :)

Edited by Boergen

Guest 75markus
Not yet 75markus, but I will be shortly.

P

thx, could you post it in changelog then ?!

i think it´s important to know for themers

best regards,

m

Guest Trym Hansen
Prepping the Norwegian fixpack and a couple of other improvements for merge in as Beta 5. :unsure:

P

Great news. Maybe you need to look at a few things first: I couldn't get "App-advisor", "Shrek" or "Spiderman" from the pack to work properly. The first starts with an eternal black screen, the games force-close.

::Trym

Guest djmcnz
thx, could you post it in changelog then ?!

i think it´s important to know for themers

best regards,

m

I actually think it's important to know for all enthusiasts.

@Paul, I do think your changelogs need improving. Knowing the outcome is only half of the story for some of us, we'd also like to know what went into the changes. Fair enough if you consider some of these "trade secrets" but you could at least elaborate on the files you changed and why. Ideally some technical background (like you provided for your first fix) would be provided as well.

I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me (even though I'm paying for that food in some way) but I do feel this is an area for improvement when compared to the accepted (ROM) community standards.

My own (time consuming) MD5 checks in the past have indicated only two file changes between some releases. It's not really necessary to put us all though a ROM upgrade in these cases.

Thanks for considering.

Guest BatfinkUK1

If you have time Paul how about an option in the Kitchen for the Circular Battery Percentage Mod?

Thank you for all of your hard work.

B :unsure:

Guest masi0
If you have time Paul how about an option in the Kitchen for the Circular Battery Percentage Mod?

Thank you for all of your hard work.

B :)

You can do it yourself :unsure:

Guest viperDono

As i am also a themer, i'd like to know at least if you have made some changes in the dex files. Because everytime i need to decompile all those apks (mms,phone,contacts) and i need to figure it out by doing a diff among smali classes.

that said i don't want you to tell us what kind of changes have you done but just which file will be affected.

Thanks in advance.

Anyhow for me it's the same i can still keeping doing that because you will be very busy and i can easily understand that you could avoid to manage this kind of requests. :unsure:

Edited by viperDono

Guest Paul
I actually think it's important to know for all enthusiasts.

@Paul, I do think your changelogs need improving. Knowing the outcome is only half of the story for some of us, we'd also like to know what went into the changes. Fair enough if you consider some of these "trade secrets" but you could at least elaborate on the files you changed and why. Ideally some technical background (like you provided for your first fix) would be provided as well.

I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me (even though I'm paying for that food in some way) but I do feel this is an area for improvement when compared to the accepted (ROM) community standards.

My own (time consuming) MD5 checks in the past have indicated only two file changes between some releases. It's not really necessary to put us all though a ROM upgrade in these cases.

Thanks for considering.

It's more a case of myself keeping tracking and remembering what changes I've done along the way. :unsure:

Point noted, and i'll bear it in mind in future, although I won't guarantee i'll always be able to do it, particularly when they are big changes, purely from a time perspective.

P

Guest wapz
It's more a case of myself keeping tracking and remembering what changes I've done along the way. :unsure:

Point noted, and i'll bear it in mind in future, although I won't guarantee i'll always be able to do it, particularly when they are big changes, purely from a time perspective.

P

not to mention v10s was just released in Korea... changelog from xda user pokerface...

Faster internet browsing

Support .mkv

Hardware support for 720p h.264 4.1hp

60 frame xvid works

Little bit better LG home

Little bit faster for everything.

Guest Paul

I've just discovered that the systembackupservices.apk is part of Sprite (Android) Backup, and have updated the kitchen accordingly (previously it would always have been included).

If you're not using Sprite Backup (labelled Android Backup), you can safely delete this APK from /system/app.

P

Guest orlox
I had the same problem but it worked after restarting the phone

You baked with or without ram hack?

With or withought sql hack?

Also ++ for the circular battery

Guest DeMar
Hello,

I got one error on this my phone after FR15 flash.

My phone is turned on, and I can send sms, call etc..

but I cannot recieve sms and phone calls. It tells me that my phone is shutted down.

Please help

someone?? please...