28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul
can you post also the prebake? thx

PS: anyway, i'm curious, what was the screw-up you found in LG sources that was slowing the phone so much and made you LOL?

Be techie as you want.. i want the details :unsure:

I'll be posting details once i've double-verified it with stock ROMs.

P

Guest Squide

Will there any improvement over the 64MB hack?

I think those LG's apps need to be modified in order to let them "know" the video RAM is back to the industry standard.

so far we got some issues on

1. LG's hardware accelerated Gallery

2. Camcorder

3. LG video

Stock Android Apps should have no problem at all with the 64MB hack.

Guest Paul
With all due respect, this is not our nor Paul's problem. If you absolutely have to use Norwegian you should complain to LG.

I would rather like Paul to focus on more important things, though that is of course completely up to him to decide.

You could argue that about any of the fixes in fairness. :unsure:

P

Guest Paul
Will there any improvement over the 64MB hack?

I think those LG's apps need to be modified in order to let them "know" the video RAM is back to the industry standard.

so far we got some issues on

1. LG's hardware accelerated Gallery

2. Camcorder

3. LG video

Stock Android Apps should have no problem at all with the 64MB hack.

I don't plan to do any work on it...

P

Guest maedox
I didn't in any way say it was Pauls problem, or that he had made an error, or any such thing. I was trying to be helpful by pointing out that you can not get Norwegian language on the phone *at all* without installing a 3rd party app.

That's absolutely fine.

If Paul has an interest in fixing it, then he'd need to know about it first. That was my only intention.

Do not mistake bug/glitch-reports for criticism.

::Trym

Cool, then we agree. :unsure:

Guest Atomicman
[*]Included an option in kitchen to flash EternityProject OC/UV kernel with MCK based configuration (if using, install PimpMyCPU to control)

On which Version is it based? Is Vibration working?

Guest wc326

so is Eternity kernal a preferred Kernel for RC2 ???

but i am loving the battery usage on r1 kernel

Edited by wc326

Guest Riemen
Kitchen updated. SURPRISE! :)

Note that the EternityProject kernel is very much Beta / Unsupported etc. etc. and is included as little extra for those that requested it. :unsure:

P

Changelog

18 May Fr17 RC 2

• Fixed broken Camera with no Camcorder sound from RC 1
  • Updated MCK with IPtables 'LOG' support (user request)
  • Included an option in kitchen to flash EternityProject OC/UV kernel with MCK based configuration (if using, install PimpMyCPU to control)

The OC Kernel-idea is great, but I would have prefered if you had integrated this functionality in your own kernel, as the Eternity one has bugs in all versions:

1.3/1.4: faulty graphics driver and not as fast as the newer ones

1.5: graphics driver not fixed and battery stats issues

2.x: fixed graphics and fast, but usb problems and no vibration, also browser lags were reported with some versions...

Which one did you use?

Seens like Kholk is not willing to release one kernel with all these bugs fixed. That's the cause why I use your stock kernel again atm.

Again, the idea of including oc/uv is great, but these kernels really need some work for a everyday usage...

Edited by Riemen

Guest ritdaw

I think the oven must be on fire, Gordon nor Delia can bake at the moment!

EDIT: Seems ok now :unsure:

Edited by ritdaw

Guest Paul
On which Version is it based? Is Vibration working?

I grabbed the latest code from his Git, there is only one master branch, so i'm not sure which that corresponds to in his version.

Yes, vibration is working.

P

Guest wc326
The OC Kernel-idea is great, but I would have prefered if you would have integrated this functionality in your own kernel, as the Eternity one has bugs in all versions:

2.x: fixed graphics and fast, but usb problems and no vibration, also browser lags were reported with some versions...

Which one did you use?

Seens like Kholk is not willing to release one kernel with all these bugs fixed. That's the cause why I use your stock kernel again atm.

Again, the idea of including oc/uv is great, but these kernels really need some work for a everyday usage...

yea, the only thing you get is OC ability on the cpu, but in my opinion the negative side effect might be too many until OC kernel is stable.

Edited by wc326

Guest Paul
so is Eternity kernal a preferred Kernel for RC2 ???

but i am loving the battery usage on r1 kernel

Not at all, it's a Beta feature and unsupported.

The OC Kernel-idea is great, but I would have prefered if you would have integrated this functionality in your own kernel, as the Eternity one has bugs in all versions:

Which one did you use?

I don't generally do OC/UV, it's just a little bonus feature for people to play with.

P

Guest wc326
Not at all, it's a Beta feature and unsupported.

I don't generally do OC/UV, it's just a little bonus feature for people to play with.

P

i guess iwill stay with Modaco Stock kernel , which has the best Battery performance.!!!

so in other word, OC kernel might not have as good battery performance, and for sure not as stable as MODaco stock kernel... correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by wc326

Guest okdac

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the noob question, what is MCK with 64bit hack Kernel, and what difference with the previous 64bit hack ?

Many thanks for your TREMENDOUS job.

okdac

Guest Paul

There's a version with the 64MB hack, and a version without. There is no different with the previous release of the MCK, aside from IPtables LOG support (user requested).

P

Guest TheSacredSoul
i guess iwill stay with Modaco Stock kernel , which has the best Battery performance.!!!

so in other word, OC kernel might not have as good battery performance, and for sure not as stable as MODaco stock kernel... correct me if i am wrong.

Not necessarily. If you could get a stable UV, I imagine you'd save some battery. :P

Guest rayfoo

after update to RC2 with OC/UV ,wifi not working,anyone else having this issue?

There's a version with the 64MB hack, and a version without. There is no different with the previous release of the MCK, aside from IPtables LOG support (user requested).

P

Guest masi0
The OC Kernel-idea is great, but I would have prefered if you had integrated this functionality in your own kernel, as the Eternity one has bugs in all versions:

Which one did you use?

I would also keep my self with ov/uv-less kernel for stability and battery life :P

Guest Riemen

P

I know, but this would be the one feature, that would make your rom perfect. With uv my battery lasted forever. I think this is a useful feature for everyone here.

Your stock FR16 Kernel feels at least as fast, as the latest Eternity one with all it's driver optimizations. Would be great to see how it would act with OC.

After all this work, you have put in Norwegian localisation, why not include oc/uv-support to your kernel?

Don't get this wrong, I don't want to hassle you. Just make you think about it.

Guest ascito
Yep me too!

WiFi error with oc/uv kernel

The same here...I am ttrying to wipe cache and reflash...

EDIT: it doesn't work...

EDIT2: after a frash flashing (wiped everithing) WiFi error is still there!

Edited by ascito

Guest djmcnz
Sure, that works, but I mentioned this before, and you said you'd look at it.

Using a third party app setting it to nb works. But for the fix to be complete, "norsk" in the menu needs to set it to "nb" as well.

Imagine giving/selling your phone to a non-english speaking, non-geek norwegian. You wipe, go "here you are." The reply will inevitably be - "Uhm, this phone is broken, no norwegian."

::Trym

To be honest, MoreLocale is a legitimate solution... what happens is that language isn't broken on your phone, LG's language selection is broken.

Language selection bugs and limitations can be overcome with MoreLocale. e.g. With ASOP Android I can not select (English/Netherlands) but it's a legitimate combo, I can select it using an HTC Sense device... and using MoreLocale... just not stock Android.

So, my point is (applies to Chinese as well) - if it works with MoreLocale... it *is* working... But I also accept the stock menu is broken for you... but I think that this is very minor since there is an easy work-around (MoreLocale).

Guest jambezuk
WiFi error with oc/uv kernel

The same here...I am ttrying to wipe cache and reflash...

EDIT: it doesn't work...

Can't be bothered with it :rolleyes:

Baked myself a new one with MCR kernel without 64MB hack and everything's smooth again :P