28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest djmcnz
I'm sneaking a little something extra in RC2 as well as the IPtables 'log' fix requested earlier in thread. I won't tell you what it is, but i'll give you a clue. :P

P

fr17rc2quadrant.png

WTF?

Guest rayfoo

oh oh...my usb mass storage also doesnt seems to work..

WiFi error with oc/uv kernel

The same here...I am ttrying to wipe cache and reflash...

EDIT: it doesn't work...

Guest Paul

Ah, a directory naming error, the modules for the OC/UV kernel are in /system/lib/modules/modules instead of system lib modules.

I've fixed the kitchen, you can do 'adb shell remount && adb shell mv /system/lib/modules/modules/* /system/lib/modules/' or use a file explorer (e.g. root explorer) to move them.

P

Guest ascito
I can confirm the mass storage issue with the Eternity kernel, WiFi should work tho! Investigating...

P

Wifi doesn't work. It gives error. I also tried a full wipe & flash...

Guest maedox

MCR Fr16b4 (downloading Fr17 now): Funny things happening to the battery stats. At 100 % & 4.135 V, then suddenly at 4.099 V still at 100 %. A few minutes later it's at 99 % and 4.1-something, and now it's continuing towards 4.2 V it seems. 98 % and 4.182 V now. What a joke. :P

Edit: Nope, the voltage is down again, even though it stays at 100 %.

Edited by maedox

Guest viperDono

@Paul

I didn't get what you did. The Eternity Project Kernel has been tested on your ROMs for a long time by many people since the v1.4 version, were also found several known bugs as it has been already mentioned in some posts above.

You Kernel mck-r12 is fantastic and i believe you must follow your way, maybe trying to include the possibility to ov/uc inside your own Kernel!

I know that this Kernel has been included as just an option but ...

Edited by viperDono

Guest rayfoo

this fixes the usb mass storage & wifi problems?

Ah, a directory naming error, the modules for the OC/UV kernel are in /system/lib/modules/modules instead of system lib modules.

I've fixed the kitchen, you can do 'adb shell remount && adb shell mv /system/lib/modules/modules/* /system/lib/modules/' or use a file explorer (e.g. root explorer) to move them.

P

Guest speedme
See the post above yours.

P

Hi Paul,

Damn mate, you are extremely busy working on our beloved 02X.

Just wanted to thank you for that and I hope you will still (occassionally, since you are very busy with other devices) find some time to give us O2X users some support/upgrades.

Guest federicoc
I know, but this would be the one feature, that would make your rom perfect. With uv my battery lasted forever. I think this is a useful feature for everyone here.

Your stock FR16 Kernel feels at least as fast, as the latest Eternity one with all it's driver optimizations. Would be great to see how it would act with OC.

After all this work, you have put in Norwegian localisation, why not include oc/uv-support to your kernel?

Don't get this wrong, I don't want to hassle you. Just make you think about it.

+1

Thanks

F.

Guest Squide
Hi Paul,

Damn mate, you are extremely busy working on our beloved 02X.

Just wanted to thank you for that and I hope you will still (occassionally, since you are very busy with other devices) find some time to give us O2X users some support/upgrades.

Exactly, and I hope paul would not go too far into those unstable stuffs :P

back to the base, MCR is meant to robust and extremely stable for daily use.

Guest theper
There's a version with the 64MB hack, and a version without. There is no different with the previous release of the MCK, aside from IPtables LOG support (user requested).

P

Sorry I am not sure if I understand correctly, is 'MCK kernel with 64MB RAM hack' under Alternative Kernel and '64MB RAM hack' under Expert Options the same thing ?

Thanks.

Guest Paul
Sorry I am not sure if I understand correctly, is 'MCK kernel with 64MB RAM hack' under Alternative Kernel and '64MB RAM hack' under Expert Options the same thing ?

Thanks.

Yup, there should only have been one. Fixed.

P

Guest ben1th

hm just installed fr17 rc2 without the ram hack. in quadrant i only reach 1856 first run. second run gets about 2684. third at 2559.

did i something wrong? or should i install one of this ram hacks?

Guest ascito
See the post above yours.

P

Thx Paul, your fix was faster than my reply...LOL. I baked a new ROM and wifi is back. waiting for a USB Storage fix now.

:P

Guest Paul

I don't plan on modifying the Eternity Project source, so a USB storage fix won't be forthcoming in the immediate future, sorry...

P

Guest gin0v4

any chance for a new prebake before friday morning, tomorrow night/evening would be nice cuz i will be on vacation for 3 weeks, leaving friday morning^^ wont have internet for 2 weeks, so a prebake would be awesome :P

Guest Paul
Thx Paul, your fix was faster than my reply...LOL. I baked a new ROM and wifi is back. waiting for a USB Storage fix now.

:P

Bah, OK, so I fixed the USB mounting. :rolleyes: Update to follow. <_<

P

Guest ascito
I also ported the OC parts to the MCK kernel. Things I do for you guys... :P

P

I will design something for you for free than...

PS one more thing...pls update the kitchen before I leave my firm...:rolleyes: