28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nimor
Read the thread :D

Read 1-3 and 11-13 :-P Guess i'll be reading the rest of it then ;-)

Edit: Of course it was on page 10 T_T

Edited by Nimor

Guest mrBira

anyone else got problems downloading from kitchen?

if the rom is 158 mb it can stop at everything from 10 mb to 150... says it's finished, and when i try to open the *.zip it fails, ofc.

tried different computers, and different browsers. had this since yesterday.

Guest 9mmBullet

Finally managed to install FR4... seems to be fine so far, except Dungeon Defenders doesn't work - it displays the splash screen, then simply returns me to the apps scroller with nary a error window. Anyone else have a similar problem??

[edit]Yeeeeoup.... looking at Trendy's forums it does appear that it doesn't work. This is a bit sad seeing that the manufacturers were pushing this game as part of their Tegra marketing strategy :D

Edited by 9mmBullet

Guest jpbl1976

**** EDIT: I just reformatted and now it booted. Everything's great. Thing is fast! ****

Hi. I'm somewhat familiar with flashing custom ROMs; I've done it in the past with my Milestone and just a few days ago I flashed my Galaxy S with Darky's 9.5. I own a Desire Z and rooted it but since I use it at work, I don't mess with its ROM too much.

Now, I received the 2X a few days ago as a gift from my Mum (aren't Mums great?). It had 2.2.1 and version 9a, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, I managed to root the device and get CWM to work; in fact a few days ago I did a backup and restore after I made the mistake of flashing a modded taskbar that caused my device to go into a loop. Did a restore and everything was peaches post that.

Anyway, I got myself a Modaco plus subscription this morning so I can use the online kitchen for Paul's Fr4 ROMs. Download went fine. Went into CWM and updated it using the unsigned Kitchen ROM. That went fine; no error messages.

However, when I rebooted, device went into a boot loop. Odd. Tried it once more. Still a loop. So I went and did a restore and now the device gets into the LG logo with the animated bar and it stops there -- that is, the blue animated bar initially animates and then stops.

I can, however, still get into Recovery. It just won't boot into Android now. Did I do anything wrong?

Should I do an NVflash now?

Edited by jpbl1976

Guest ritdaw
Try Widgetlocker :D

It lets you take of control of your lockscreen and tailor it to your needs, adding only the options you need B)

I had a quick look, but it doesn't appear to disable the stock lockscreen if you use a pincode.

Guest TsunKit

Yay, I'm all set for flashing a rom now!

Just gotta wait for Paul to do my Ad Free Account thanks to the superetrader deal and then imma bake a rom :D

Investigating the MT issue (2nd finger lift not being detected if 1st finger is stationary).

It happens on both .9 and my .36 kernels, using custom or stock configs, so I wonder if it's a kernel issue or perhaps an issue elsewhere.

Does it happen on the stock v10b NVflash does anyone know?

P

Guest djmcnz
Investigating the MT issue (2nd finger lift not being detected if 1st finger is stationary).

It happens on both .9 and my .36 kernels, using custom or stock configs, so I wonder if it's a kernel issue or perhaps an issue elsewhere.

Does it happen on the stock v10b NVflash does anyone know?

P

I can't replicate that...

1. Touch one finger
  2. Touch second finger
  3. Move first finger
  4. Stop first finger
  5. Lift second finger (holding first finger still)

Is that correct? If I do this then both touch points act as expected here.

1. Touch one finger

2. Touch second finger

3. Lift second finger (while holding first finger dead still)

4. Second finger should show lifted but doesn't

Easiest way to check is using 'Multitouch Visualizer' from the Market.

P

Guest djmcnz
1. Touch one finger

2. Touch second finger

P

Nope, can't replicate with Multitouch Tester or Miltitouch Visualizer from the market. The coordinates in MTV don't change so I know I'm holding #1 dead still. I've tried to 'break' it, trick it, double tap it, everything, can not replicate.

Edit: Amazing - still can't replicate it but the multitouch apps go haywire when then screen sleeps and wakes up again with them in the foreground! Don't know if it's related but the apps work perfectly for me then, if one is in the foreground and the screen locks, I wake it up and the app can't even hold my touches, it just goes mental. Close app, reopen and everything is perfect again.

Edited by djmcnz

Guest djmcnz
Using which ROM / kernel?

So your second finger correctly shows as lifting?

P

fr2+2.6.32.36-mck-r2

Yes, 2nd finger circle disappears as I lift my second finger as do all vectors to it, all reappear when I replace my second finger.

Now, having said that, I do get weired behaviour after the screen locks/unlocks as above. In this case I can reproduce something similar;

1. Place finger one, hold still
  2. Place finger two, hold still
  3. Lift finger two
  4. BOTH touch points disappear
This I can reproduce after a screen lock/unlock in MTV Edited by djmcnz

Guest Amon_RA

Running V10a stock here and I don't notice the MT issues described above, but I do notice some other weird MT behaviour :

1. Place finger 1 hold still.

2. Place finger 2 hold still.

3. Place finger 3 hold still.

4. Lift finger 3.

3. Place finger 3 back and notice that touch point 3 is at the wrong position, it's on the same spot as touch point 1!!

After Screen lock/unlock

1. Place finger 1 hold still.

2. Place finger 2 hold still.

3. Place finger 3 and notice that both touch points 1 and 2 dissapear!! WTF?!

Conclusion : There are some serious MT bugs still to be fixed!!

Edited by Amon_RA

Guest ritdaw

Is there anyway I can return to the stock kernel to see if it resolves any of my lockup issues? Would retreating a new zip from the kitchen with stock and flashing over the top work?

Guest Macheath

With Fr4 (online kitchen, NOT the testkernel), I have no MT Problems here!!

Lift second finger, while holding first -> recognized correctly!

So it can't be a kernel problem. Some Apps/widgets incompatibilities..

Guest gensplejs
1. Touch one finger

2. Touch second finger

P

I can replicate that with my phone. mcr4. (but you have to hold first finger really really still.)

I used phone tester https://market.android.com/details?id=com.m...e=search_result to replicate the issue.

EDIT. I just realised i installed Gilgamesh Edition 0.2.2 of MCR4. But ill test the kitchen version again tomorrow morning.

Edited by gensplejs

1. Touch one finger

2. Touch second finger

P

now, i back to the stock v10b rom & no problem with MT.

also the fr2 rom do not have the problem too.

Guest Le_PoUnT

@Paul

Have you find a way to make possible, the reorganisation of the categories of LG menu? For now, it's not possible to select a category and to manage it's place compared to others. We must create the categories in the order we want they appear.

Thanks.

Guest Vizix

I didn't quite know where to ask this and I am a complete noob, the LG Optimus 2x being my very first smartphone... so here goes!

I have the LG 2x version LG-SU660

Android Version 2.2.1

Baseband Version 1035.21_20110213

Kernel Version 2.6.32.9

Build number FRG83.star.20110213

Software Version LG-SU660-V10I

I bought the phone in Korea.

Can I still root the phone with what Paul posted? Or is this a completely different phone from T-mobile's G2x release? Many thanks in advance!

Edited by Vizix

Guest Meychi

Does anybody know if there is a way to hide/disable the zoom controls in the browser? They're annoying as hell and on my custom bake the controls looks weird, like they only have partial graphics.

Also i don't know if anybody noticed but those music controls in the notification control can be disabled from the music player's settings. So no framework mods are needed to disable them.