28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MrMastodon
modaco is a one man show, so paul (o brian) is a single person :P

Single person perhaps, but dual core :rolleyes:

Edited by MrMastodon

Guest wc326

rf17 rc3 is really the fastest rom i have ever used for LG 2x. every single button you pressed and will instantly process your requests with no lags at all.

thsi really feels like finally somehow i have upgraded myself from single core to dualcore, since this rom i really dont' see myself using a dualcore hardware when upgrading from SGS1 to lg 2x until now

thank you once again paul. you are the best :P and i am in love

Edited by wc326

Guest herist
rf17 rc3 is really the fastest rom i have ever used for LG 2x. every single button you pressed and will instantly process your requests with no lags at all.

thsi really feels like finally somehow i have upgraded myself from single core to dualcore, since this rom i really dont' see myself using a dualcore hardware when upgrading from SGS1 to lg 2x until now

because froyo not maximum support for dual core.

may be gingerbread 2.3.4 or Ice Cream can maximal dual core function.

CMIIW

Guest wc326

CMIIW

the thing is that it always feels laggyier and slower than my old single core Samsung galaxy s 1, but not anymore:)

Guest Paul

CMIIW

Wrong.

P

Guest space79

Hi Paul,

a few Days before, I reported a Bug with the Notification Bar. At least the Bug occured again on Fr16, so I reverted back to Fr15 (Fr15 works).

Fr15 runs quitly perfect.

The Bug (new try of better Description) occures when I pull down the Notification Bar, to get the Shortcuts for WLAN, BT, etc. If I do this, the Bar stucks (not everytime on the same position). I cant do anything to solve this. 1) If i press the Home Button, I can see that the (I have five Homescreens) Overview for the Homescreens appear (well animated). But the phone react very slowly. 2) If I press the "Screen Off" Button and wait a bit, I can se the Homecreen. And the Homescreen reacts slowly. All reacts and works slowly. But it works..... When I then try to pull the Notification Bar down, nothing happens....

Remind: I have done a full wipe last time I flashed the Fr16....

I dont know, but it seems that Im the only one who have this issue... So, whats to do? Try Fr17? I dont want to do all the Settings, Ringtones etc. every and every time again....

For some ideas I'll be happy :P

Thank ya!

Guest wc326

paul,

this is one of the most wanted feature for me, would you be able to apply hardware accerlation onto the stock LG browser ??? Like in SGS 1 and 2

or is that impossible to do

thanks

Edited by wc326

Guest jon.m.knight

Using FR17-RC3 and I think found something that isn't quite right...

... An entire team of developers based in korea, who have probably spent months 'optimising their code' have blatenly shat on been by a chap from Norfolk who, lets face it, is probably coding in a PC in his garden shed.

Good job pal, seriously impressed with FR17rc3..

Guest aaww
Using FR17-RC3 and I think found something that isn't quite right...

... An entire team of developers based in korea, who have probably spent months 'optimising their code' have blatenly shat on been by a chap from Norfolk who, lets face it, is probably coding in a PC in his garden shed.

Good job pal, seriously impressed with FR17rc3..

Hehe not a PC but a MAC :P

Guest aaww

my bake is still downloading...

Meh i can wait to try it out !

it kinda sux to wait that long for a 192mb file on a 100mb fiber connection :P

Guest wc326
my bake is still downloading...

Meh i can wait to try it out !

it kinda sux to wait that long for a 192mb file on a 100mb fiber connection :P

my baked rom is only 130MB :rolleyes: i got ripe of every single lg apps, beside music and keyboard

Guest AlexandrKiev

Paul, first of all, THANK YOU for you great work!

Second -) I just uploaded SW (with DLL file) for SU660 V10s with new futures like support MKV and others.

Could you make candy with this SW for O2x users? I think, there are many people who want play MKV-video on their phones and watch HD-video in browser. May be you can find in V10s another good futures ;-)

Guest ben1th

can anyone help me? i can not make/receive calls because phone wont connect to network.

What i did:

-root witth superoneclick 1.9.1 and restart - works fine

-cwm installed with modaco app - works fine

-did full wipe (also dalvik)

-installed fr17rc2 with mck but without ram hack - no calls possible but sometimes it got connected to network (mean the bars -> red cross)

-did full wipe again (also dalvik)

-installed fr17rc3 mck this time WITH ram hack - same as above

it takes about 10 mins after full reboot to find network and i can not make any call or receive a call then it drops the bars to red cross again. sometimes i just hear nothing when i make a call from or to the lg and sometimes i get to voicemail.

it is definitely supposed to find network in my room ... actually full hsdpa

i have german vodafone sim

Guest soundsk

You are the second person to have this issue. The other also has vodafone SIM. I wonder what's going on...

can anyone help me? i can not make/receive calls because phone wont connect to network.

What i did:

-root witth superoneclick 1.9.1 and restart - works fine

-cwm installed with modaco app - works fine

-did full wipe (also dalvik)

-installed fr17rc2 with mck but without ram hack - no calls possible but sometimes it got connected to network (mean the bars -> red cross)

-did full wipe again (also dalvik)

-installed fr17rc3 mck this time WITH ram hack - same as above

it takes about 10 mins after full reboot to find network and i can not make any call or receive a call then it drops the bars to red cross again. sometimes i just hear nothing when i make a call from or to the lg and sometimes i get to voicemail.

it is definitely supposed to find network in my room ... actually full hsdpa

i have german vodafone sim

Guest ben1th
You are the second person to have this issue. The other also has vodafone SIM. I wonder what's going on...

okay i have a german o2 as well ... will report in a minute

Guest ben1th
okay i have a german o2 as well ... will report in a minute

okay thats bad for me :rolleyes:

German O2 sim works just fine. can make and receive calls ... but when i put in the german vodafone sim the game is over. i have heard about that on other phones and if i remember right its about some settings. PAUL HELP :P

Guest wapz
Paul, first of all, THANK YOU for you great work!

Second -) I just uploaded SW (with DLL file) for SU660 V10s with new futures like support MKV and others.

Could you make candy with this SW for O2x users? I think, there are many people who want play MKV-video on their phones and watch HD-video in browser. May be you can find in V10s another good futures ;-)

so it isn't a myth! can you report if there is a new baseband and/kernel included?

Guest Involver

Damm Paul you're on a roll...! Slow down please I can hardly keep up :P ! This post is growing by the minute and I'm having a great time reading all of this while on holiday... Usually I don't feel like going home, but this time I can't wait! Well at keast it saved me the 'trouble' of flashing 3 times a day :rolleyes:

Just my way of saying thanks Paul - and should you ever visit Amsterdam call me for a fee beers!

Guest vsg2000

Paul or anyone else, could you tell me what is and what does the process "com.lge.internal"? is sending data and my credit is drying up at a rate of 50MB per 3 hours!!! Help!

Guest mattfigaro

When it says choose one kernel, The first option for mck14 without 64MB ram hack is ticked but faded, I cant untick it.

Guest Trym Hansen
thanx to paul....

anyone can recommend me settings for uv?

These settings seem to work for me:

1000Mhz - 925 mV

800Mhz - 850 mV

500Mhz - 750 mV

300Mhz - 720 mV

I do not promise in any way that these will work for you.

At 1000Mhz, set at 900mV, (and only the voltage for 1000Mhz changed from default) the device has no problems with the stress test, but it doesn't wake from deep sleep. I'm sure some of the other voltages can be adjusted downards a notch or two, but I need to test this configuration for a longer time before trying.

::Trym

Guest wapz
Paul or anyone else, could you tell me what is and what does the process "com.lge.internal"? is sending data and my credit is drying up at a rate of 50MB per 3 hours!!! Help!

it is the tool for screenshots you can disable it i think!

Guest Riemen

Paul, thank you so much!

I hoped, that you would perhaps include OC/UV-support in a future version of your rom, but didn't think you would be so damn fast!

Thanks to your great Kernel with 64MB fix and overclocking, this Phone now really is, what it should have been from the beginning. Shame on LG for adding such a crappy software to the really great hardware.

thanx to paul....

anyone can recommend me settings for uv?

May I point you to the following two posts on XDA, written by me: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=276 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=281.

These should geive you some idea of what is possible for undervolting. But keep in mind: Every chip is different, so perhaps you have to adjust these values as I described in these posts.