28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul
When it says choose one kernel, The first option for mck14 without 64MB ram hack is ticked but faded, I cant untick it.

One *other*...

P

Guest CopEater
These settings seem to work for me:

1000Mhz - 925 mV

800Mhz - 850 mV

500Mhz - 750 mV

300Mhz - 720 mV

I do not promise in any way that these will work for you.

At 1000Mhz, set at 900mV, (and only the voltage for 1000Mhz changed from default) the device has no problems with the stress test, but it doesn't wake from deep sleep. I'm sure some of the other voltages can be adjusted downards a notch or two, but I need to test this configuration for a longer time before trying.

::Trym

thx

these settings are working for me too. :P

Guest ilos

i don't know why but pimp my cpu doesn't work with this kernel MCK kernel r14 with overlocking / undervolt support and 64MB RAM hack

see screenshoots :

post-377855-1305745261_thumb.png

post-377855-1305745272_thumb.png

Guest soundsk

Well, i was going to wait and keep my stock rom until the lg gingerbread update, but with all this action and Paul's simply mind-boggling work, i can't stop myself.

Going to try my first MCR now, just waiting for the phone to finish charging. Hope i don't make a mess of things!

Cheers!!

Guest aaww
Well, i was going to wait and keep my stock rom until the lg gingerbread update, but with all this action and Paul's simply mind-boggling work, i can't stop myself.

Going to try my first MCR now, just waiting for the phone to finish charging. Hope i don't make a mess of things!

Cheers!!

Just keep a close attention to your selections in the kitchen to avoid problems like black clock and other funny things that can happen if you make bad choices.

don't forget to back everything up and Good luck :P

Guest Paul
i don't know why but pimp my cpu doesn't work with this kernel MCK kernel r14 with overlocking / undervolt support and 64MB RAM hack

see screenshoots :

It does here, my screenshot earlier was taken with it!

P

Guest Riemen

Paul, one more appeal:

The clock steps in your current rom are really huge, especially in the important range between 300 and 1000 MHz, wich most of us will keep for everyday usage, I think.

As 1400 MHz is definitely unstable and will for sure destroy the devices sooner or later by overheating it, I would recomment removing this step and arranging the others more evenly.

I recommend an allocation like this: 300, 450, 600, 750, 900, 1050, 1200, 1300

This way, we have even steps of 150 Mhz up to 1200 MHz, which is definitely stable and does not get to hot. The braver ones can even use the 1300 MHz step, to get a little more power out of their devices.

For everyday-use, we could disable the 1200 MHz step too. The 1050 MHz will not make much of a difference here, as the Stock clock is actually 1015 MHz.

>ou can get informations on how to change this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...65#post12890065.

Changing this will not be much work. You just have to exchange a few numbers, but a recompilation of the kernel is needed, so I can't do this myself.

I hope, you can include this to your next version.

Edited by Riemen

Guest soundsk

Thanks! While i wait, here is my selection:

Mostly default settings, just removed live wallpapers, quick search, voice dialer and search, app advisor, SNS and preloaded apps.

Added hidden menu and lock screen and wipe battery stats.

Should be ok i think...

Just keep a close attention to your selections in the kitchen to avoid problems like black clock and other funny things that can happen if you make bad choices.

don't forget to back everything up and Good luck :P

Guest Paul
Paul, one more appeal:

The clock steps in your current rom are really huge, especially in the important range between 300 and 1000 MHz, wich most of us will keep for everyday usage, I think.

As 1400 MHz is definitely unstable and will for sure destroy the devices sooner or later by overheating it, I would recomment removing this step and arranging the others more evenly.

This way, we have even steps of 150 Mhz up to 1200 MHz, which is definitely stable and does not get to hot. The braver ones can even use the 1300 MHz step, to get a little more power out of their devices.

For everyday-use, we could disable the 1200 MHz step too. The 1050 MHz will not make much of a difference here, as the Stock clock is actually 1015 MHz.

>ou can get informations on how to change this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...65#post12890065.

Changing this will not be much work. You just have to exchange a few numbers, but a recompilation of the kernel is needed, so I can't do this myself.

I'm using the default steps from the Eternity config currently...

P

Guest ilos
It does here, my screenshot earlier was taken with it!

P

ok i baking again and try a new install...

fix permission doesnt' solve the problem

EDIT : just to be sure , which version au PMCPU did you used ?

Edited by ilos

Guest EasyWorld

There seems to be a bug in MoDaCo custom ROMs. It apparently was inherited from the official ROM custom ROMs are based on. My phone had a problem with spontaneous reboots. It had this problem on the official ROM the telephone was sold with. It had this problem on all the MoDaCo custom ROMs I have tried so far (FR3, FR8, FR10, FR12, FR13, FR15, FR16). Then I updated the SW using the official LG website. The ROM was the old 10c but as they said in LG the spontaneous reboot and freeze bug had been fixed. And it turned out to be true!!! I've never had a single spontaneous reboot on that ROM.

Since I have two LG Optimus 2Xs, I decided to experiment on them both.

The results are:

1. Official LG 10c ROM with the bug fixed - 0% spontaneous reboots on either phone in three days.

2. FR16 MoDaCo custom ROM - the chance of spontaneous reboots is 100%, sooner or later it'll happen. On average, the phones reboot from 1 to 5 times a day.

The results are true for BOTH my phones.

Paul, maybe it's time either to fix the reboot bug as they did in LG or base MoDaCo custom ROMs on an official ROM that originally doesn't have the bug in the code?

Other than that, your custom ROMs are awesome and leave official ROMs way behind!!!

Thank you for your work!

Guest ben1th
Because I want to be sure it's bug free but also because I won't be online tonight to fix any issues etc. Doing it in the morning makes much more sense. All good things etc. etc. :P

P

i guess i found a bug but i dont know where its based on:

have the following with fr17rc2 mck withoud ram hack and fr17rc3 mck with ram hack:

When i use german vodafone sim i can not use any network functions but wlan. When i put in a german O2 sim it works just fine.

dont know if you already read it but do you think you can fix this or is there a way i can?

besides that little problem ^^ it works great. incredible fast!

Guest Squide
Paul, one more appeal:

Motorola Xoom's tegra2 is able to OC to 1.6GHz... so, 1.4 should be safe in my opinion, and I run the stress test with it...

the max. temp reach for mine is 63 degree, acceptable.

and OC how much is depends on your setting inside the PimpMyCPU...

Guest BrumBrum74
Paul, first of all, THANK YOU for you great work!

Second -) I just uploaded SW (with DLL file) for SU660 V10s with new futures like support MKV and others.

Could you make candy with this SW for O2x users? I think, there are many people who want play MKV-video on their phones and watch HD-video in browser. May be you can find in V10s another good futures ;-)

Looking forward to see what Master Paul can do with this :P

Guest mattfigaro

see screenshoots :

Are you using latest pimpmycpu2.8?

I used to get that message with WGSpoelstra rom so you had to select the governor manually though the cyanogenmod menu in settings.

There is no selectable governor available within pimpmycpu on this rom,

Guest ilos
Are you using latest pimpmycpu2.8?

I used to get that message with WGSpoelstra rom so you had to select the governor manually though the cyanogenmod menu in settings.

There is no selectable governor available within pimpmycpu on this rom,

yes issue solved with latest pimpmycpu 2.8 :P

Guest AlexandrKiev
yes issue solved with latest pimpmycpu 2.8 :P

Yes, PMC 2.8 work fine but QA result is only 3200 with 1.4 GHz

I bet he had it already

I hope Paul find free time for that SW -)

Guest ilos

hmmm... using Google Email in place of LG Email : not keeping my account setting..

Any one have tried and have the same issue ?

I also tried to push ( on another rom :rolleyes: ) Email.apk from CM7 ( to get the option to retreive all emails and not only one month early ) but i had same issue : setting and account are not keep :P

Fix permission already done